Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your gardening photos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,938 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That's a beauty.

It was something useful to do during the lockdown.
    And the watching it growing everyday in the kitchen window takes the mind away to growth and away from the C business on the media.
    Keeps the optimism high. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

[IMG][/img]20201012-112603.jpg

If a mod can look at my post and let me know why the IMG link never works for me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Anyway here's a link to my winter planter:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/49hF4mO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

iamtony wrote: »
    If a mod can look at my post and let me know why the IMG link never works for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Not a mod, but it doesn't work because what you've pasted into the IMG tags is a link to the imgur gallery, which itself is a reference to the imgur file, not an actual image file - there's no .jpg or other extension on the end of it.
    If you right click on the image in imgur and "Open in New Tab" it'll give you a pastable JPG link ... but the one that's on there at the moment is massive (2500px wide). If you post that, it'll be taken down (pictures need to be 800px or less for comfortable viewing)!

Try uploading to postimages.org instead: that'll resize your images for you and give you a direct link for use between the IMG tags.

Not a mod, but it doesn't work because what you've pasted into the IMG tags is a link to the imgur gallery, which itself is a reference to the imgur file, not an actual image file - there's no .jpg or other extension on the end of it.
    If you right click on the image in imgur and "Open in New Tab" it'll give you a pastable JPG link ... but the one that's on there at the moment is massive (2500px wide). If you post that, it'll be taken down (pictures need to be 800px or less for comfortable viewing)!

Try uploading to postimages.org instead: that'll resize your images for you and give you a direct link for use between the IMG tags.
    Thats great info thank you very much:)

Image updated above that was much better thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

529595.jpeg

My winter pot, hopefully it’ll last the season. I know it’s a bit over packed but nice for a short term effect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

[IMG][/img]WJRNNHm.jpg

it's me Halloween pot that I planted last August.

[IMG][/img]t2tpfgS.jpg

This Dahlia is Seamus Martin. It's one of my favourites and it copes well with the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Red Hare wrote: »
    it's me Halloween pot that I planted last August.

That looks great, what's in it?

There are 3 sunflowers from seed sown late in Mid August.
    At the back there are Calendula ( Candyman Orange) from seed sown late August.
    In the front the little orange star shaped flowers are Bidens. I bought them in lidl during the lockdown, they had flowered loads during June but then got raggedy , so I cut them back, replanted them in the big pot and fed them well - they came back lovely.

There is also 3 silvery plant that I got in woodies that I do not remember the name of. I went looking for Santolina's but they're hard to get this year so I got those as a substitute lookalike plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

You know how sometimes you take your morning coffee out into the garden to enjoy a break in the weather, and you decide on a whim to pull up the dead stick that never grew into anything?

Well, about that ... :rolleyes:

NewBed.jpg

There were (still are) more important things on the To Do list for this winter, but as this bed is now twice the depth it was when I went to bed last night, it looks like I need to add "draw up a new planting scheme" to it now. Oops. :pac:

• Advertisement

20201028-164355.jpg
    20201028-164348.jpg
    20201028-164333.jpgsawmill sunday brunch price
    20201028-164318.jpg

Photos taken today. One huge tomato plant growing from the ground has taken over the greenhouse and flowering like crazy and producing fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MihaiIordan

All look great guys, good ideas for my spring planting.

As the blanket of dusk was beginning to gently settle over the mountains this evening I sauntered up the garden after a stressful day’s work.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed the hawthorn blossoms gleaming lustrously out at me in the ebbing light.

I stood, paused and gazed in the stillness of the evening. In that one fleeting moment the cares of the day were washed away.

Celebrate your garden’s little moments!

553814.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭notAMember

My bonkers cardoon, need to split that next year!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:eek:

That's scarier than Audrey!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

555278.JPEG
    555280.JPEG

(Marchantia Polymorpha or Liverwort, among others, I believe).

Lovely and vibrant- Is that a “green wall” New Home?

Any growing tips

Thanks Red Hare. :)

I love mosses and lichens and all that, they're absolutely beautiful once you look at them up close.

No, it's not a green wall, it's just something that grew on top of a NW facing, neglected flowerpot. My only intervention was to reuse the soil (while keeping the top layer intact) to fill another, larger flowerpot where I had transplanted ox eye daisies but for which I didn't have enough soil. Then I left Mother Nature to her own devices. :)

Buds finally beginning to burst into beautiful blooms here this week!

I love this combination at the moment. Geranium Rozanne with Rosa Schoolgirl.

555760.jpeg

The wildlife pond is beginning to settle nicely into the garden and it’s teaming with insects! The Blue Eye Grass is very eye catching right now.

555761.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

Some flowers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

The garden is loving the rain.. and the first dahlia of the Summer appears.

203754935-970803870331363-1304798110865295954-n.jpg
    203364060-970804720331278-7796754653475530019-n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Stipa Gigantea........hitting 10 foot.....almost :)

ntHKR3dl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

What do you use to upload your photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What do you use to upload your photos?

I use boards.ie

When creating a post click advanced and then the paperclip button(attachments) and upload the picture to this website.

Go advance

Manage attachments

Upload your photo

Then in the message box copy and paste link between [IMG][/IMG]

So copy of link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭blackbox

Wildflower section probably at its best right now...
    IMG_20210624_121653886[1].jpg
    556719.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 683 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Wild garden coming on nicely, pond is the new addition this year.

smart.jpg

smart.jpg

smart.jpg

A blue tit has taken residence in the bee hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭rje66

zippy84 wrote: »
    Wild garden coming on nicely, pond is the new addition this year.

smart.jpg

smart.jpg

smart.jpg

A blue tit has taken residence in the bee hotel.
    Well done looks great. Much wildlife in pond??

• Subscribers Posts: 683 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

rje66 wrote: »
    Well done looks great. Much wildlife in pond??

Thanks. Plenty of water striders and diving beetles, I have seen hoverflies and bees using it and damsel flies around it. The birds love it. Haven't seen any newts or frogs yet, but there is an abundance of newts in the garden and a few frogs, just haven't seen them since I put it in. Maybe too many places to hide, and I probably missed the boat in terms of breeding? It went in in March.

Edit: Oh have seen a hedgehog too. I stuck in an IP camera that's triggered by motion:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

zippy84 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh have seen a hedgehog too. I stuck in an IP camera that's triggered by motion:

Hi - what camera do you have?

Advertisement