Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Life Is Strange: True Colors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New cast? That's, like, totally hella lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Just out of interest while we wait, did anyone play through dontnod's last effort "Tell me why". Similar type world with touch of the supernatural. Thought it was a decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

J. Marston wrote: »
    New cast? That's, like, totally hella lame.

Rumor has it Max and Chloe will be hella back for LIS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Never played Tell me why (and won't get to unless i buy an Xbox) but haven't tried their other one Twin Mirror either. I read don't Nod are moving away from Life is Strange and after LiS 2, i don't really mind.

I ended up absolutely loving 2 but ep 3 was a real stinker and the bro's relationship meant i was just choosing what was best for Daniel the whole time even if i didn't really want to pick that option.

LiS 1 and Before The Storm had much more interesting choices imo. As for Max and Chloe, as much as i love em, I'm happy with how my LiS 1 ended and the nod they get in LiS 2. I don't think they'd add much bringing them back and would probably hurt their great arc if they tried forcing it.

Will be interesting to see when/where this is actually set.

You're not really missing out on Tell Me Why, but it's on gamepass for PC and the system requirements are low enough.

Didn't find it as big a chore to get through as LiS2. I've little enthusiasm for another game tbh. If they are doing all these games in the same universe I'd like to see a bigger picture thing happen maybe.

• Advertisement

Some rumours that have been going around for a while about this. Will spoiler just in case these turn out to be true and people want to wait for the reveal trailer. No story stuff, just the protag and power, could also be complete BS.

Name - Life is Strange - True Colours.
    Set in a small US town, you play as Alex, an asian-american woman who can read minds and see colours around people based on their emotion. Apparently music will play a big part of the game, more so than LiS 1.

This pic is doing the rounds of the protag but not sure how legit it is.

ro80pocvfhm61.png

You're not really missing out on Tell Me Why, but it's on gamepass for PC and the system requirements are low enough.

Didn't find it as big a chore to get through as LiS2. I've little enthusiasm for another game tbh. If they are doing all these games in the same universe I'd like to see a bigger picture thing happen maybe.

I enjoyed LiS and tell me why, but got so bored with LiS 2. I think I need a little break maybe from the genre

I enjoyed LiS and tell me why, but got so bored with LiS 2. I think I need a little break maybe from the genre

Did you finish LiS 2? Ep 3 took me months of on and off playing to complete and i gave up on the game until a friend started raving about ep 4 and 5. Went back, ploughed through 3 and loved the game in the end. 4 & 5 definitely have more of a life is Strange feel than ep 3.

Releasing this September, full game, no more episodes. Also LiS 1 and Before the Storm remasters coming with updated graphics and animation.

Life is Strange: True Colors (the missing u annoys me more than i should)

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1372601316997017610?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah i had to Google to make sure but yupp, that's Steph in it from Before The Storm and apparently she's a romance option as well. Plus the deluxe edition has a bonus episode starring Steph. She was great in BtS as game master.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did you finish LiS 2? Ep 3 took me months of on and off playing to complete and i gave up on the game until a friend started raving about ep 4 and 5. Went back, ploughed through 3 and loved the game in the end. 4 & 5 definitely have more of a life is Strange feel than ep 3.

Yeah I stuck with it

Looking forward to seeing more of this at E3.
    My only concern is that now that they've ditched the episodic format the length of the game will be under scrutiny.

They haven’t ditched it per se. It’s still coming with 5 chapters, just being released at the one time. There’s no reason to expect that they won’t be the usual around 2 hours in length. Maybe even longer now that they hinted at it being more open world than the rest

The full game releasing at the same time is interesting. LiS 2 took over a year to release all episodes which was just ridiculous for a game so focused on story so I'm all for releasing it all together. I'm not sure i want to see anymore of the game though. It's just one of those where i know I'm going to get it on launch, don't want to know anymore of the story.

Saying that, I'll probably still watch anything they put out :)

I haven't seen anywhere where SE has specifically stated it will still be episodic but( just released at once). I was under the impression it was a whole with no breaks. I would prefer the former seeing as that's how I've played all LIS games anyway.

Again, can't see anywhere this is hinted but I bloody hope not. I love open world games, it's my fave style, but who asked for this in Life is Strange?

During the announcement show the voice of Alex said “you can binge it all at once or use the chapter select to take a well earned break”

As for the open world thing a few game commentators have said it might be more open world because of this paragraph from the steam store

“Make tough decisions and choose your own future. Freely roam the streets, stores, and hidden spaces of Haven Springs and meet unforgettable characters.”

Just how freely you can roam remains to be seen I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Making it episodic is a good idea for storytelling purposes as well.
    I remember the cliffhangers from the first game so it works well in that regard, even though I played after the whole game was released.

As for the open world, sounds more like it's just a bigger world. Haven't played LiS 2 yet, but I imagine it's like a more expanded version of the school and dorms and other adventure games where it's not completely linear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been years since I played it but the art style doesn't strike me as one where you're really gonna be wowed by a remaster. Maybe it'll just run better because I do remember it being very janky.

Some more info:
    It's not another origin story apparently. Alex already has her powers when we first meet her and she has been suppressing them up until now.
    It will be interesting to see a character already shaped by having this extraordinary ability. She's supposed to be the eldest LIS protagonist (early 20s) so the powers seem to develop in adolescence.
    I also like that they brought back the detective /mystery element to the series as that gives it stakes.
    Just 3 more months to go!!!

I didn't watch the E3 stuff, want to avoid all footage until release but just cracked and glad I did, this looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks awful to me, like a bad TV drama, but hey different strokes for different folks.

Does it have any actual gameplay elements or is it all dialogue driven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I liked the True Colours trailer but Life is Strange remastered is a cash grab. What is the point of remastering it for PS4? I know it’s a PS3/X Box 360 cross gen game but remastering for PS4 means there’s very little difference between the original PS4 version. The entire point of a remaster is to take advantage of what the new consoles can do where graphics are concerned so why not do a full PS5 remaster? Makes no sense.

Yeah I was really surprised when I heard they were remastering it, I was like "wait isn't that already a PS4 game" - didn't realise it was cross-gen, feels like only three or four years ago that it came out.

With that said, I also don't see a whole lot of benefit to a PS5 version with the art style basically working perfectly for what it wants to be, it hardly needs more shinies.

quokula wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised when I heard they were remastering it, I was like "wait isn't that already a PS4 game" - didn't realise it was cross-gen, feels like only three or four years ago that it came out.

With that said, I also don't see a whole lot of benefit to a PS5 version with the art style basically working perfectly for what it wants to be, it hardly needs more shinies.

Yeah it's a weird one, graphics look slightly touched up and no other improvements from what I can see. Then it doesn't look like there's a free upgrade option if you already own it and lastly it comes out the same day as True Colors. Anyone slightly interested is gonna be playing the new game. If I get the inkling for another playthrough, I'll just play my PS4 copy on my PS5. No need to wait and pay money for the remaster by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement