Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[ChromeOS] Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Chromebook (2-in-1 Chromebook)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭corkie

How are you finding it now corkie? Now that you're used to it.

I'm enjoying the Tablet.

Still encountering hurdles in chromeos like not been able print from linux container, I know there is complex solutions. But if I need to I can copy the file to google docs or my laptop to print.

Android container also has similar problems with my favorite casting app BubbleUPnP. There is methods again to work around like just casting a chrome tab. Or just use my phone for the purpose.

Steep learning curve to do simple things like coping files around but will get there. Hopefully the stylus I ordered arrives soon.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

my usi pen arrived Today

writing this post with it.

Broonel

It will take a while to get use to lt.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

Picked one of these up and loving it so far, just waiting on the stylus to come back in stock.

Has anyone had any issues with Google apps on it? Often, when I go to load up the YouTube, Playstore, Photos or other Google apps, it shows that I have no connection, even though chrome etc is still running fine. Have to reboot the device to get in.

baldshin wrote: »
    Picked one of these up and loving it so far, just waiting on the stylus to come back in stock.

I have the Broonel Grey Rechargeable USI Stylus Pen

Yes the right click button on it works for the OS, not all apps may support it.

Amazon .co.uk or silver.

EUR 55.53 + EUR 5.54 delivery,
    works out at when UK Vat is removed
    Order Summary
    Items: EUR 46,28 + Postage & Packing: EUR 5,54 ~~ €51.82
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,10

But Irish VAT not applied to it? So add €11 + AnPost handling fee.

Also available from .de (/grey) but you need to select a seller.
    €49.99 + €4.00 shipping
    baldshin wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with Google apps on it? Often, when I go to load up the YouTube, Playstore, Photos or other Google apps, it shows that I have no connection, even though chrome etc is still running fine. Have to reboot the device to get in.

No problems like that with mine but I have developer mode and on the Beta channel. Maybe check your wifi, test with a mobile hotspot?

• Advertisement

ChromeOS Beta channel update to 89 available. Stable to 88!?

"Google Chrome: Version 89.0.4389.16 (Official Build) beta (32-bit)
    Platform: 13729.8.0 (Official Build) beta-channel kukui"

Chromebooks just got a killer upgrade to take on Windows laptops
    By Brittany Vincent 16 hours ago
    Chrome OS 88 is here — these are the top new features

Stable Channel Update for Chrome OS
    Thursday, January 28, 2021

The Stable channel is being updated to 88.0.4324.109, (Platform version: 13597.66.0) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes and security updates. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭qaz123

corkie wrote: »
    my usi pen arrived Today

writing this post with it.

Broonel

It will take a while to get use to lt.

Hi Wondering how you are getting in with the pen. Can you edit over pdf using the broonel stylus.
    Anyone else using it or anyone recommend an alternative that will work with the ideal pad
    Thabks

qaz123 wrote: »
    Hi Wondering how you are getting in with the pen. Can you edit over pdf using the broonel stylus.
    Anyone else using it or anyone recommend an alternative that will work with the ideal pad
    Thabks

Haven't tried to edit over a pdf.

As broonel pen mentioned is USI Compatible with the Duet.

As long you have a PDF reader/editor app that supports been edited, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Can you recommend a free app and I will test it out?

Edit: - Downloaded 'Xodo' and the pen works with it as expected above.

Lenovo Flash sale on site!

128gb Model going for: -

Web price: € 349.99
    Save € 35.00 (10%)
    € 314.99
    inc. VAT
    Use eCoupon: FLASHSALE

64gb Model going for: -

Web price: € 344.30
    Save € 34.43 (10%)
    € 309.87
    inc. VAT
    Use eCoupon: FLASHSALE

Digital River Ireland Ltd is the authorised reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store.

Don't know where they are shipped from, so maybe caught for duties if imported from UK?

Just sharing in case anyone else is considering purchasing this Chromebook Tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Don't know where they are shipped from, so maybe caught for duties if imported from UK?

if the price is in euros, it's how much you end up paying

• Advertisement

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Stable channel has been updated to 89.0.4329.82 (Platform version: 13729.45.0) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements. Changes can be viewed here.
    https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2021/03/stable-channel-update-for-chrome-os.html

Chrome OS 89: All The Best New Features

Beta Channel now: -

Google Chrome: Version 90.0.4430.19 (Official Build) beta (32-bit)
    Platform: 13816.12.0 (Official Build) beta-channel kukui

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Quick question, can you run MS Word on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Quick question, can you run MS Word on these?
    beauf wrote: »

Not by installing like windows. You can use them in browser @ www.office.com

Or install the android apps but believe there is limitations with them.

I have 'Libre Office' installed through Linux container but there is also limitations with that as well. As installed in a container you don't have access to printers.

Over 100 Chromebook models to receive Android 11 upgrade for a better app experience

These are the Chromebooks getting Android 11

Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook Duet {kukui} is on the list
    but Android 11 not in the last update 'Version 90.0.4430.51 (Official Build) beta (32-bit)'

Which was last weeks update, maybe this week we will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Not by installing like windows. You can use them in browser @ www.office.com

Or install the android apps but believe there is limitations with them.

I have 'Libre Office' installed through Linux container but there is also limitations with that as well. As installed in a container you don't have access to printers.

Most cloud users Office365 etc. Google docs etc will be used to not installing anything. Most users use about 5% of what office can do so won't be an issue.

Anyone doing anything complex won't be doing it on 10" tablet or Chromebook.

I wouldn't buy one as my only machine, or as my main PC. I wouldn't buy one instead of tablet either. It's a niche product really. You need to want the clipon keyboard.

Incidentally the one we have is a little bit less responsive in the corners. That's the one criticism I'd have of it.

ChromeOS updates ~~~ But no Android 11 yet?

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Stable channel is being updated to 90.0.4430.86 (Platform version: 13816.55.0) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes and security updates. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.

Chrome OS 90 arrives with Everything Button 2.0, Scan Tools, Diagnostics and more

Beta Channel Update for Chrome OS
    Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Beta channel has been updated to 91.0.4472.19 (Platform version: 13904.10.0) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes and security updates.

Even with the Jump to 91 on beta, still no Android 11 update.

Stable Channel update for Chrome OS
    Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Stable channel is being updated to 91.0.4472.81 (Platform version: 13904.41.0) for most Chrome OS devices. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.

This build contains a number of features, bug fixes and security updates, please find release notes here.

Beta Channel Update Chrome OS
    Friday, June 4, 2021

The Beta channel has been updated to 92.0.4515.36 (Platform version: 13982.7.0) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements.

Android 11 0nly available on 'Hatch' based devices as of now, duet is 'kukui'.

How to Get the Android 11 Update on Your Chromebook
    "6. Now, move to System -> About Device. Here, you will find the Android version. I am yet to receive the Android 11 update despite being on the Beta channel as my Chromebook is based on the ‘Nami’ baseboard. If your Chromebook is built on the ‘Hatch’ board, you will receive the Android 11 update after moving to the Beta build."

Advertisement