Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't remember FB password and no access to email

• 07-04-2021 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I have a FB account and I wanted to download some photos from a page I manage. I'm currently logged in, but it's asking me for my password to download the photo albums, which I don't remember and the main account email I used (eircom.net) is no longer accessible to me, so I can't retrieve it.

Even if I try to add another (valid) email to my account, it says it's going to send a confirmation to my old eircom email.

Is there any way I can change my password without access to my original eircom email address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Now I've accidentally logged out and can't get back in again. I added my phone number as a security contact, yet when I try to log in again it's asking me for a 6 digit code from a generator. I've no idea how to get this. Lots of videos suggesting I use the FB app on my phone, yet I'm not logged into that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Has the password been sent to your phone or an email?

Where did they send the code to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Ye should be blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

There should be an option along the lines of "I can't login". That will bring you to a form which you fill an and attach a scanned ID and it takes couple of days but they'll come back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Caranica wrote: »
    There should be an option along the lines of "I can't login". That will bring you to a form which you fill an and attach a scanned ID and it takes couple of days but they'll come back to you

It is very easy to fake a scanned ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try this https://www.facebook.com/help/132243923516844?ref=u2u
    Start using a password manager to keep all your passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 luckypenguin

Have you tried writing to support?

Advertisement