Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monitor/secure a house

• 14-04-2021 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I have attached a jpg of a house I need to monitor, it is my fathers house and I live beside it. The house I need to monitor doesn't have electricity.

Is there anything I can put at point "x" marked in the jpg which would alert me if anyone was around that area? To get to that area of the house one would be trespassing.

I was thinking a driveway sensor or something like that which would beep if somebody broke the sensor line. The property I live in is beside the property I want to monitor but from my house to the red "x" is approximately 20 metres and it's not a straight run.

Is there any camera I could use? Which could send images to my phone or would that be too expensive? I don't want to spend a fortune.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.derelict property to be guarded.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have attached a jpg of a house I need to monitor, it is my fathers house and I live beside it. The house I need to monitor doesn't have electricity.

Is there anything I can put at point "x" marked in the jpg which would alert me if anyone was around that area? To get to that area of the house one would be trespassing.

I was thinking a driveway sensor or something like that which would beep if somebody broke the sensor line. The property I live in is beside the property I want to monitor but from my house to the red "x" is approximately 20 metres and it's not a straight run.

Is there any camera I could use? Which could send images to my phone or would that be too expensive? I don't want to spend a fortune.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.derelict property to be guarded.JPG

If no power is on site could you run a cable from your house to set up a camera or if you have an alarm you could also install an external motion detector in the yard to detect movement.

Another option would be solar powered and use a 4G sim something like https://www.professionalsecurity.co.uk/products/cctv/4g-solar-kit/, not cheap using one.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

altor wrote: »
    If no power is on site could you run a cable from your house to set up a camera or if you have an alarm you could also install an external motion detector in the yard to detect movement.

Another option would be solar powered and use a 4G sim something like https://www.professionalsecurity.co.uk/products/cctv/4g-solar-kit/, not cheap using one.

what kinda money does the Hikvision 4G solar kit cost? im in a similiar position was looking for SOLAR/CCTV and was looking towards https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go-pt/ i think the 'Hikvision 4G solar kit' (quality is super) would indicate there is something on site that might be worth stealing (also its huge)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

MikeSoys wrote: »
    what kinda money does the Hikvision 4G solar kit cost? im in a similiar position was looking for SOLAR/CCTV and was looking towards https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go-pt/ i think the 'Hikvision 4G solar kit' (quality is super) would indicate there is something on site that might be worth stealing (also its huge)

They are silly money but work as expected.

Advertisement