Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat Saber

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Its a class update, I'm delighted with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd love to say I'll wait until it goes on sale, but they rarely if ever do. I know about 3 of those songs. Do they all at least have a beat (ie: not slow)?

They're rock songs so they're not going to be the same as dance songs. But I wouldn't call them slow, no. There's plenty of slow songs that are excellent on beat saber, Bad Liar on E+ by Imagine Dragons is one of the best levels in the game IMO.

This is where we disagree. There is no good Imagine Dragons song to me. And the same with Linkin Park, I listened (but never consciously chose to) some of their popular ones. I think this is another pass for me. At this stage, it'll probably be quicker for some other company to create a similar style game and have better music hopefully. I don't blame Beat Games (as much), I blame AdBook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

This is where we disagree. There is no good Imagine Dragons song to me. And the same with Linkin Park, I listened (but never consciously chose to) some of their popular ones. I think this is another pass for me. At this stage, it'll probably be quicker for some other company to create a similar style game and have better music hopefully. I don't blame Beat Games (as much), I blame AdBook.

It's weird but I think a good map can make you like a song. I learned this in Supernatural, the maps flow so well and I found myself really enjoying tracks that I wouldn't listen to outside of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's weird but I think a good map can make you like a song. I learned this in Supernatural, the maps flow so well and I found myself really enjoying tracks that I wouldn't listen to outside of the game.

This is true, I actually ended up humming "if you want to escape with me come take my hand" for days after I started playing Beat Saber.

Wouldn't have bothered with the song at all if I hadn't played it, but the game mechanics must have drilled it into my head! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I agree with you on this. I don't think ANY of the songs in beat saber are good yet I love playing the game.
    I actually think 90% songs are cringey to the point where I get a chuckle out of em.

Hundred Dollar Bills springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Multiplayer update coming October 13th. May be delayed on PSVR though

And the next music pack is from BTS. What? You haven't heard of them? They're like, the greatest K-Pop boyband ever!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really gone downhill...

And the next music pack is from BTS. What? You haven't heard of them? They're like, the greatest K-Pop boyband ever!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really gone downhill...

They're probably the biggest band in the world right now. By album sales in the US and by smashing the one-day Youtube record with 113m views. The majority of my students in Asia say they're their favourite band and they've been saying it for years.

But yeah, some middle-aged Irish guy with absolutely no idea of the global musical landscape derides them, so Beat Saber must obviously be going downhill. Maybe we need more Zeppelin to get the young folks interested in VR.

• Advertisement

^^ I'm no fan of BTS but I couldn't agree with a post more. Every pack that's been announced has been slated in here.

Well maybe I'm solo on this, but the original music is far better than the popular shyte they have been putting on it. Also, it's my opinion, not a global one. Didn't know opinions weren't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Been a while since I played this but the new music pack looks not terrible

- OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    - Kendrick Lamar - DNA.
    - The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
    - LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
    - Limp Bizkit - Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)
    - Maroon 5 - Sugar
    - Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape ft. Akon

I know 2 of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I know 2 of those...

Pussycat and Limp Bizkit amiright?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Pussycat and Limp Bizkit amiright?

Sorry, I meant the songs. I recognise all the artists, but only recognise Don't Cha and Party Rock. I'm sure I'd recognise the others, but I wouldn't have known that's the name of them.

Edit: I gave a quick listen on the toobz, yeah, I recognise them but didn't know their names. Thought the One Republic one was saying Shooting Stars all along. Kendrick one I recognise from NBA 2K, just copped the Limp Bizkit one, so I know 3. I've heard that Moron 5 one before at some point, and similarily I now recognise the Gwen Sexyani one but wouldn't have know the name.

Advertisement