Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found on North Louth Beach

• 24-05-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

Found this and am curious as to what type of bayonet/dagger/blade it could be

Total length 60 cm. blade length 46 cm. blade width 4cm. Weight 800 gms. Appears to be in a scabbard Tang seems to still be partly enclosed in what remains of the handle. Blade is not symmetrical but “breaks towards the point. Seem to be an impression of a clasp perhaps on what must be the front. I have pics but can't post yet as I'm a new user

Contact me and I can email photos

I have reported to County Museum and National Museum but nothing so far from them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

no pic- I don't think you can post pics until you have a certain number of posts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Photos from the post above (one missing).

meoGwE3.jpg?1

zZNpxZO.jpg?1

YB8ZcwM.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Notmything

Late to the party I know, but looks like it might be a 1907 pattern bayonet for a Lee-Enfield rifle.

Advertisement