Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Protein supplements

• 04-07-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this is a common question but can anyone recommend where to purchase protein supplements/shakes online? And any recommendations on which to buy?

I've been using the Holland and Barrett stuff which is useless and also I'd like to buy in bulk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

ie.myprotein.com

if you need a referral code for a discount PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'd recommend TheProteinworks or BulkPowders or Discountsupplments over my protein, worst place to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I'd recommend TheProteinworks or BulkPowders or Discountsupplments over my protein, worst place to deal with.

Can you explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

They've had some shipping issues in the last while when they changed courier. This is supposedly resolved but some people are still reporting problems. My last one two weeks ago went through ok fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I got sent loads of wrong things and when I contacted them they basically said we don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Also, hpnutrition.ie are competitive as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Squatman

+ 1 on hp nutrition, last order i placed, received it the next day! cant bate it with a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CharlesMac

I usually get my stuff from Amazon because sometimes the have pretty good discounts on pretty much every brand you can think of, I always go for USN

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

ling-zing wrote: »
    ie.myprotein.com

if you need a referral code for a discount PM me

+1 Myprotein....

Been buying for years off them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Can anyone recommend none-shake protein supplements? E.G bars, cookies etc. or are they all overpriced carb-filled nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend none-shake protein supplements? E.G bars, cookies etc. or are they all overpriced carb-filled nonsense?

You can make your own bars etc pretty easily for a lot less cash.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055992322

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

Why not buy from body building .com? They have great discounts on something or the other. Even after adding shipping the prices seem better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

brio09 wrote: »
    Why not buy from body building .com? They have great discounts on something or the other. Even after adding shipping the prices seem better.

They probably figured it out in the 8 years since the last post

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

They probably figured it out in the 8 years since the last post
    haha i didn't see the dates while posting, :P

Advertisement