Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infraction & labelled a "troll".

• 02-05-2021 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

I'm a long time member & contributor here on Boards - over two decades :eek:.
    Approximately two years ago, LIGHTNING issue me with an infraction, for, from memory, something someone else said.
    I PM'd LIGHTNING at the time, explained why they were mistaken in including me in their actions etc.
    I never had a reply.

So a few days ago, I posted in the EV forum, a forum I frequent & where I post regularly. Most if not everyone there knows me. I'm on my second BEV & have a PHEV. I'm an advocate for EVs & have likely talked more people into EVs than many a main dealer :D.

Anyway, my post, continuing a discussion on whether range extended EVs were viable going forward (they're not - not a single manufacturer still makes them), was deleted & replaced for all to see with "content deleted due to trolling".

The post wasn't in the slightest way trolling. It was the antithesis of trolling in fact. Another poster had edited a picture I uploaded of my BEV at a charger. He added a caption to it, which advocated for REx over BEV (range extended over battery electric).

I posted the original, which I myself took, of my car & explained where the picture came from. I continued on to express my opinion that REx cars were dead - there's no future for them, all manufacturers have dropped them.
    That's indeed the consensus view in the thread - a quick read through the preceeding dozen or so posts would confirm.

It seems that LIGHTNING saw my post, assumed I had just reposted a previous poster's "meme", probably under pressure for time, as we all are, deleted it & issued an infraction.
    These things happen, but LIGHTNING has done this before to me. Again, at that time, it was completely unwarranted & in error.

What's most irksome, though, is being publically labelled a "troll", for all to see, by the moderator. It's been up over 2 days now. Personal friends I know from Boards have texted me about it. LIGHTNING could have deleted the post & PM'd me about it, if they were unsure, but they didn't.
    It's actually quite upsetting - it's a profoundly disparaging term these days & after 2 decades of contributing, I'm very annoyed by this public labelling.

A post containing a picture I took, including my car, at a public charge point, from an EV owner, in an EV forum, counteracting an earlier meme, of a different picture, with context & background info., does not constitute trolling.

So, a mistake was made by LIGHTNING (understandable given the similarity between pictures & lack of familiarity with the discussion that was ongoing) , but I'd now ask that the moderator comment labelling me a troll is removed, the post reinstated & the infraction removed. Better again, the old infraction from 2019 should be removed too - it was almost identical in its origin - i.e. unwarranted.

The thread in question is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057812141

The last page/page & a half, from post #1284 onwards will give flavour of the conversation regarding the REx vs Battery i3.
    I even stated I liked the i3 & would have a battery version myself!

My PM to LIGHTNING from 2 days ago has gone unanswered, again, sadly, so here we are :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hi Kramer, I'll look into this for you. Give me a day or so to reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I agree with your view that you explained where that picture came from. I also agree that your comment on REx being dead was not trolling any more or less than several other posts in that thread, for which nobody else got an infraction. I have deleted your post and I have asked for the infraction to be reversed.

This can now be marked as resolved.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Card lifted and marked resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement