Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers / Gamer groups wanted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Branoic wrote: »
    I run the Arklow MeetUp, you're welcome to come along if you're down this far any time :)

In Wicklow Town, the War Room runs a board game evening the last Thursday of every month, which I also usually attend.

I saw those meetups, they are actually the reason why I thought of starting one in Bray. I would rather not drive too much in the evening, so I was looking for something closer. There doesn't seem to be anything at the moment, hence my idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

daigo75 wrote: »
    I saw those meetups, they are actually the reason why I thought of starting one in Bray. I would rather not drive too much in the evening, so I was looking for something closer. There doesn't seem to be anything at the moment, hence my idea. :)

There is a Bray MeetUp that formed a couple months ago. It's never had an actual session though and in the last week or two the organiser posted a message asking if anyone else wanted to take it over as she hasn't found the time. There's already about 50 members joined so it could be handy if you wanted to take that one over.

There is a Bray MeetUp that formed a couple months ago. It's never had an actual session though and in the last week or two the organiser posted a message asking if anyone else wanted to take it over as she hasn't found the time. There's already about 50 members joined so it could be handy if you wanted to take that one over.

Would you happen to have a link to the meetup? I already looked for it in Bray, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Would you happen to have a link to the meetup? I already looked for it in Bray, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

https://www.meetup.com/Bray-and-South-Dublin-Board-and-Card-Games-Meetup/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Crowman

Hey all,
    I've recently moved to Cork (I'm based in the North side of Cork, Whitechurch) and I'm looking for Wargaming buddies!
    I like Command and Colors, Space Empires, Fire in the Lake (basically anything published by GMT).

Light games, heavy games, Land, Air, Sea Space combat -Whatever! If your interested in meeting up regularly to play Wargames give me a shout.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Jadytte

Just posting here about a boardgaming group that we run in Listowel if anyone is in the area (I think I may have mentioned on this thread a long while back).

We just play some casual games in Christy's Bar in the Square every Tuesday evening from 8.30.

We don't post on our FB page too much recently but we're sure to be there unless otherwise stated (we would post if it were cancelled!) - facebook.com/listowelbk

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Did that bray group evaporate after? I'm moving out that direction in a couple of months and would love to link up any group in greystones/bray.

Eoinconway wrote: »
    Did that bray group evaporate after? I'm moving out that direction in a couple of months and would love to link up any group in greystones/bray.

It looks like the group disappeared. I never received any message from any of the members, pity. Now I'm playing mostly at home, I discovered games like Tokaido, Forbidden Island and Pandemic (which is a pain to win), it's quite fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

It looks like the group disappeared. I never received any message from any of the members, pity. Now I'm playing mostly at home, I discovered games like Tokaido, Forbidden Island and Pandemic (which is a pain to win), it's quite fun. :)

That's a pity. When I've actually moved must see if there's still interest.

I'm quite new to the scene, still cutting my teeth on social deduction like Resistance Avalon and Coup when I can. Have a few classics in my collection , Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride, and of course Pandemic, love it, had a few flukey runs at it the first times I played and thought sure this is pretty easy. Only when downloaded app for solo play realised it's a while other ball game most of the time.

Still building a decent library. Hoping to try out some hidden movement in the near future, Spektor Ops or Fury of Dracula.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Any groups active in Mullingar? I just moved back and would love to find a Warhammer 40k group to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 conman739

Any groups in Louth/ Dundalk area for D&D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Anyone in Roscommon or Longford area?

I live in Strokestown and I'm starting up a gaming group, plan is for meeting up once a month. Managed to get a sizeable hall.

Would be great if people could make this a success... that and it's be nice to get some semi regular gaming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kyra_W

Hi all,

Wanted to run a small campaign (2-4 sessions) of Anima Beyond Fantasy (with simplified rules) in Dublin, in February. No experience required to play (quite unknown game here), can give pre-generated PCs or help you create your own. Campaign could be followed in the future if players are interested, but compromise is only for these sessions. We would need to agree on dates, but I am quite flexible.

Contact me here or sending a mail to guilleremirez@ gmail.com. Questions are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 iirishsham40

conman739 wrote: »
    Any groups in Louth/ Dundalk area for D&D?

Any update on this?

I've never played DnD, but would love to try it.

Especially in the Drogheda / south-Louth area, but I'd travel if there were groups in other parts of the North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 conman739

Looking for more people to join up a D&D game in Dundalk in Co. Louth. Message me if you're interested!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

HI - are there currently any active Flames of War groups based around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Anything going on in Cork city, Bandon or anywhere in between?
    Id like to get in to 40k but I'd be happy for any decent tabletop gaming sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Anything going on in Cork city, Bandon or anywhere in between?
    Id like to get in to 40k but I'd be happy for any decent tabletop gaming sessions.

Tabletop Boardgame Cafe run weekly "come to play" events. They pick a game that they want to promote/teach, you can sign up to these in the cafe. It costs €10 but you get a drink and some nibbles in that price.
    I haven't seen any 40K there but these are great events to meet other gamers and learn to play something you may have had your eye on. Check their Facebook page for details of the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Tabletop Boardgame Cafe run weekly "come to play" events. They pick a game that they want to promote/teach, you can sign up to these in the cafe. It costs €10 but you get a drink and some nibbles in that price.
    I haven't seen any 40K there but these are great events to meet other gamers and learn to play something you may have had your eye on. Check their Facebook page for details of the events.

I knew of them, never got around to popping in, but I didnt know about their come to play events so I'll keep an eye on that.

I know theres Warhammer & Other Realms, will probably just have to get in and getting chatting to some of the lads, see if anyone wanted to help walk me through a game

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Thinking of getting back into Warhammer 40k - the 8th edition rules really appeal to me. I would have to resurrect some zombie models, however, and I'm some distance away from everything involved.

Just wondering -

- Are there Clontarf / Sutton / Howth / North Dublin 40k clubs or gaming groups?

- How popular is Kill Team ... Is it an easier option to find gaming groups or players these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Gamersworld has a few groups that play 40K a lot.

Dropping in on a Tuesday/wednesday or Thursday and you're bound to find some of them about the play table.
    Or Drop Gamers a shout and they might be able to direct you towards their club pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rzeznik

Any groups in Drogheda for boardgames?

Just came across this page on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/droghedagamesclub/
    Hopefully it's of use to you for a bit.

Also for those around The Tyrone area.
    There's a new Club that operates out of Pomeroy and Omagh on a Saturday for Wargames and other options.
    Mid-Ulster Gaming Club

Eclecticats

A bi-monthly games club at the Moat theatre, Naas on a Sunday 12-4. Next session being this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 colm_mcfadden

Anyone in Roscommon or Longford area?

I live in Strokestown and I'm starting up a gaming group, plan is for meeting up once a month. Managed to get a sizeable hall.

Would be great if people could make this a success... that and it's be nice to get some semi regular gaming in.
    I'm in Boyle, Co. Roscommon. Would love to hear from other gamers in the area. We need something to do on those cold winter nights!

I'm more of a board gamer, but was into CCGs and RPGs in the past too, can be certainly be persuaded into anything really.

Please get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 colm_mcfadden

Hi all. There will be a meetup at the Barrelstore, Bridge Street, Carrick-on-shannon, Weds evening 19th Feb @ 7.00pm for any gamers who have the evening free.

This is a new group intending to meet every other week. Focus is primarily board gaming atm, but please get in touch if you are in the Carrick area to let us know your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Are there any board gaming groups around the Gorey area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mispell

Anyone based in Mayo - interested in board games or tabletop games?

Looking to start up a community locally and eventually when C19 is no longer an issue - regular meetups too.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Realtai wrote: »
    Are there any board gaming groups around the Gorey area?

Closest I'd know would be Mountain Gremlin Games in Wexford town and the Friday night group over there in St. Josephs center (RPG's and Warhammer for 5 euro for about 4 hours I think).

I THINK there was also a Gorey crowd at some stage too before covid hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RoxanneMathis

Great, thanks for your sharing.

I am looking for a game where our resources are only land and water to start building our own empire with friends.

Advertisement