Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League 2021

• 03-02-2021 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭

New Season starting mid-March - Tight year quality-wise with St. Helens and Wigan being the two stronger teams.

Few changes in rules this year:

1. 20/40, same as NRL
    2. One on one steal, same as NRL with players dropping off
    3. Moving of scrums same as NRL
    4. No more scrums from ball going into touch, same as NRL
    5. Handover for incorrect PTBs, again same as NRL
    6. Scrum break and penalties, same as NRL
    7. Despite bringing in NRL scrum rules, scrums will remain 'banned' with covid rules and will continue to be reviewed
    8. They are NOT bringing in the two point field goal 
    9. they are NOT bringing in the six again/set restart for 10 m offsides

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Can't wait to see how Leigh Centurions get on. On second thoughts, I absolutely can wait, it was such a dull, safe move by a dull and safe organisation to have them replace Wolfpack. Would loved York or Toulouse to have got the nod.

Hope Leeds have a good season, but I'm really not fussed this year and that's the first time in a long time I've no real interest in Super League.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No fans is a killer obv

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Every sport has to deal with that. The problem with a sport like RL is they are probably more reliant on paying punters as the TV money will not be very substantial, certainly in comparison with other leading sports. Some of the smaller clubs may well struggle to survive in this environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes

London Broncos have a lot of local players in their squad this year. Will be interesting to see how they step up from an academy side who were extremely competitive.

The Championship is a tough League, with a lot of quality this season so might be a baptism of fire. Shame the coverage is virtually non existent.

• Advertisement

Broncos v York Knights in Challenge Cup is live on BBC iPlayer if you have access to it with VPN or whatever.

Knights will probably have too much for the Broncos but hope springs.

Advertisement