Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life skills programme for autism

• 18-02-2021 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi, my son has just been diagnosed with autism. He has just turned 18. I am having having lot of issues with him with regards to internet safety/ making friends/ boundaries. He is very vulnerable and does not see the dangers out there. I was wondering if anyone knows of any social skills/ life skills programmes that are out there? I have tried to contact several organisations but can't seem to get through to anyone. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

Have a look at the Talkabout books, I find the Talkabout teens has more in it than the Talkabout adults, there is also a Talkabout for relationships. PEERS (R) for Young Adults : Social Skills Training for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Social Challenges is another programme out there. Webwise is a good website around internet safety, you might find resources on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Thank you

Advertisement