Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disabling an Astec 63DV

• 05-03-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I'm having the windows replaced and need to disable the alarm sensors. Would anyone know how to go about this? I have an Astec 63DV. If I removed the main fuse from the alarm panel and disconnected the battery, would that stop the external bell ringing?

I'm not too worried about re-enabling it afterwards - once the windows are replaced I'll get the entire system modernised. So I'd be happy to disable the current system entirely. Could anyone recommend a decent installer in the Dublin area? I'd like a system I can control from a smartphone but I've no interest in paying the likes of Phonewatch a monthly fee for monitoring.

Could someone PM me the engineer manual too?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    We are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes I'm afraid.
    If you remove the mains fuse and disconnect the battery the outside bell will stop after 15-20 minutes.
    After that the system is powered down completely.
    When upgrading I would recommend Siemens Vanderbilt or GSD if you want self monitoring and apps without ongoing monthly or annual payments.
    PMed you the engineer manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 s10001

Thanks KoolKid, much appreciated.

In the end I found another post on here which suggested using 'clear, 5, code, set' to disable the tamper alarm. That seems to do the trick, for the moment.

I'll check out those replacement options. Are ye allowed to recommend installers? If not, no worries.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not on thread. If you look at the sticky there are some of the installers on here.There is also a link to The PSA register of licenced installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

s10001 wrote: »
    I've no interest in paying the likes of Phonewatch a monthly fee for monitoring.

Not only would you have the privilege of paying for monitoring you would not own the system either.

Advertisement