Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Gotten a few really nice crts and record players from my local charity shop.

Any really good audio equipment gets snapped up fast though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked this is up for less than what I paid for the first MvsC, also had store credit so it actually cost me €12 :)

4Te8B7p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

My BVM arrived today:

DbfbbB6XkAEGvJa?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Glad it arrived safely!

I have an SDI bnc cable coming tomorrow so I can hook up my Pi and other HDMI devices to the SDI interface via the adapter Oisin sold me.

Will upload some pics!

Yeah. It got all the way from Germany just fine. Then when it came time to carry it down from my office to the car the box pretty much just dissolved. But got it home safe in the end. Need to buy more RGB cables now. Next purchase might be the Super SD System 3 for the PC Engine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yeah. It got all the way from Germany just fine. Then when it came time to carry it down from my office to the car the box pretty much just dissolved. But got it home safe in the end. Need to buy more RGB cables now. Next purchase might be the Super SD System 3 for the PC Engine.

Just googled it there,
    Didn't know such a device existed!
    I was happy with my Turbo Everdrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just googled it there,
    Didn't know such a device existed!
    I was happy with my Turbo Everdrive!

I got mine last month after ordering last November. There were a few teething problems with the RGB output that was causing interference. That has been sorted with a board revision, hence the delay. Now there's a problem with one of the caps being reversed on the composite output that can cause interference, a simple fix with desoldering the cap and turning it the right way round. The volume of the CD audio is also a little loud compared to an original unit, apparently that can be fixed with a firmware update.

Apart from those niggles it's amazing. It's the reason why I sold my Duo-RX before Christmas and bought a SuperGrafx.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a gen 1 TED, apparently there have been revisions that made everything better but my one works just fine, though I'm sure I'd be corrected if I saw a later revision board.
    I'd like one of those bad boys though, but I don't think the budget would stretch quite to the level of that add on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yeah it is quite expensive. There's always an argument about how much the more rare PCECD games have become, to justify the price of the SSDS3. The same with the NEOSD, I suppose.

The differences between the earlier versions of the TED and the newer ones are instant loading because of the change to DRAM instead of flash RAM, system card emulation, larger microSD support and less power consumption. Nothing major to warrant an upgrade if you're happy with how your current one performs.

Yeah, I have mine installed in my TG-16 and my Turbo Express and it works very well indeed.
    While the menus system is what it is, there's no problems.

Actually, because my TED was in the first batch, I did have the honour of bug reporting early and seeing the subsequent firmware revision.... which is nice'n nerdy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Spotted this old sign for sale and had to get it.. it was a no brainer! It cleaned up well! RUSTY GOLD!

1.JPG

Also got this Star Wars Trilogy pinball a few weeks ago. Took it apart and gave it a good clean, put some LEDs in it, replaced the Xwing as it was missing the guns, replaced the tie advanced as it had yellowed a bit and fixed the gun turret at the back as well. still needs new balls, side mirrors and legs but delighted with it! One of my kids broke one of the drop targets so i need to replace them as well. I might stick a falcon toy in it somewhere too..

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My PCE is doing something really odd lately. I've RGB running out of the expansion port on the back.

When I plug it directly into a monitor, the picture appears as just cubes of colour - like the colours are way too overpowered and they're creating long horizontal shadows.

To make it extra weird though, when I run it through a multi scart switcher and press down two scart switches at once (so you've two video signals going to the monitor at the same time) the picture is perfect. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Natsume were selling stuff on eBay, I had linked in general. Bought a HM Cow
    DblV0YvXcAAHEL_?format=jpg

That's mad!
    Don't think that was up when I looked at their listings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Forbidden Planet have those KidRobot Sonic the Hedgehog blind boxes in if anybody is interested.

They're going for a tenner each which is rather reasonable.

Got two of them myself last weekend and very happy with the characters that I got.

Can't post pictures here as I forgot to take some! :P

Worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Spotted this old sign for sale and had to get it.. it was a no brainer! It cleaned up well! RUSTY GOLD!

1.JPG

Also got this Star Wars Trilogy pinball a few weeks ago. Took it apart and gave it a good clean, put some LEDs in it, replaced the Xwing as it was missing the guns, replaced the tie advanced as it had yellowed a bit and fixed the gun turret at the back as well. still needs new balls, side mirrors and legs but delighted with it! One of my kids broke one of the drop targets so i need to replace them as well. I might stick a falcon toy in it somewhere too..

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG
    Starwars looks in great condition, love the sign too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Natsume were selling stuff on eBay, I had linked in general. Bought a HM Cow
    DblV0YvXcAAHEL_?format=jpg
    I think they had 2/3 of them, waited about a day, didn't know what I wanted really so it was the cheapest :pac:. You can get them on eBay but I think it's a bit more expensive, didn't check anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

1.JPG

saw that sign for sale, advert or donedeal it caught my eye for sure but I couldn't collect :) nice grab

Master of the Universe

Wow, you got that sign for a steal, looks fantastic.

I nearly didn’t go for it because it’s an hour and 30 from me.. But I was off work this week and had some time, I would have regretted not grabbing it !

• Advertisement

Whats it made out of ?
    I'd try cut the website off it :o

Haha I thought about that myself. They dont even have the website hosted at the .com address anymore. It’s some sort of thick plastic, not sure exactly. It was actually better quality than I expected when I picked it up. I’ll probably leave the website on it though , I wouldn’t want to destroy it trying to cut it off.

Earliest version of the website seems to be 2009:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090926111034/http://www.drquirkeys.ie:80/

Yep i was on that myself yesterday trying to see if i could find a photo of it on the wall somewhere.

Master of the Universe

Could you register the website domain yourself? :D

haha i dont think so, id say they still own the domain, but just dont have anything hosted on it maybe? you can look it up on "who is".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

hr-dt6a1268.jpg

Yeh i seen that one , that looks like it alright, thats the portabello one isnt it? is that closed now? I seen another photo of inside the one on oconnell street with it in the background too on facebook.

actually i dont think thats the same one, if I zoom in its got a line mark on the left that isnt on the one i have. plus that one looks fully round, the one I have isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Looks like the same one from outside the Phibsborough one
    EprMlgE.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement