Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garden / run ideas

• 07-12-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am buying my first home and have cats and dogs. I want to get protectapet fencing to keep the cats safe from a busy road nearby and also need to put up fencing to secure my dogs from escape. It all seems fairly straight forward, hire a fencer and off I go but I want to get it right first time as fencing is expensive so looking for idea or sources for reference.

Should I design it all in such a way that encourages dogs to do their business in a certain area - is that possible? Would a sort of pebble stone section be better to surround a kennel with a smaller grass area that maybe they'd go there?

Has anyone recently had a new garden landscaped / redesigned with pets in mind and have any dos and don'ts, things you wished you'd done up front etc?

The cat part is easy I feel as long as the fencing is erected properly and the garden has plenty of mini trees and bushes and things to keep them occupied but dogs are more sensitive and tricky in my opinion :)

Advertisement