Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sixtoes wrote: »
    4 x €18 off €115 for me. Wtf.

Seems to be related to what your average spend has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

Quackster wrote: »
    Seems to be related to what your average spend has been.

My average spend is €30-40. A few months ago I got 4x16 off 100, and not 3x20 off 120. Nonsense..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They are trying to get you to increase your spend. Hence it will be rather higher. Mine would be in the 30s range (except when I get similar vouchers, especially if I can stack with a Dunnes or newspaper voucher)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I got €15.50 in straight money off vouchers, a coupon to scan to enter a draw for €5,000 (yeah some hope!!) and 2 yes 2 €5 off €25 shops. Have to say I do like the lower value vouchers cos I can use them in Tesco and also got a couple of spits in Dunnes for €5 off €25 which I will use there so no wastage here!! Now let's hope for some bargains to spend them on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

I was Tesco in Omni yesterday and they are selling 2 packs of 38 Persil non bio liquid tabs for €13
    One pack is normally €17!! They are in boxs at the start of the aisle rather than off the shelf. Saw one woman buy 8 boxs alone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I got mine along with my clubcard statement, I'd say the algorithm is based on spend per visit, as I'm a 4 or 5 visit per week guy who spends about €20 per time (intending to buy milk only of course). I got €5 off €25, 3 vouchers I think.
    Exact same here on all counts. Last year I got €50 spends and did not mind, I buy higher price items to make up the 50, like spirits, toiletries etc.

24x500ml grolsch and 5 donuts will be €25 :D

Grolsch Premium Lager 500Ml Can
    Special OfferAny 24 For 24.00
    valid until 26/11/2016

I was pissed off I never opened a letter a few months ago which had money off vouchers for a limited time. Nearly missed these ones too, first one expires in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Large bottles of CocaCola(Full Fat/Diet/Zero/Life) 5 for 5 euro.

Of course there only 1.75 litre now so not as good as the 2 litre deal from last christmas but about as good as it gets for these.

Valid till 29/11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

gerard2210 wrote: »
    The money off coupons were a separate posting, not everyone got them.
    I got 3 x €16 off €80 with my clubcard mailing.
    Large bottles of CocaCola(Full Fat/Diet/Zero/Life) 5 for 5 euro.

Of course there only 1.75 litre now so not as good as the 2 litre deal from last christmas but about as good as it gets for these.

Valid till 29/11
    the 2litre are still available but shops like tesco want to bamboozle customers with as many pack sizes as possible so they can ramp up the fake offers and rip us off even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I got the 3 x €5 vouchers with a €25 spend. I used the first one to get the 1 Litre bottle of Bacardi €25 with a fiver off. So 1 Lt for €20. I seen them in Belfast Monday at £19 (circa €23) sterling and was tempted but had only a small bag with me and not the space to bring them.

PS I also got a 100 clubcard points voucher for any Heinken light product i.e. I assume just a bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foggy_lad wrote: »

the 2litre are still available
    where?
    what price?
    What expiry/BB date?
    where is it produced?

Maybe some oddball place like JC in swords do still source it somewhere, but it is certainly not readily available. You are posting in the bargain alerts forum so many people will presume you are making out like it can still be got at a significantly cheaper price per litre, and that tesco are "pulling a fast one", especially as you then claim they are "bamboozling customers" and "ripping us off". -if you know of such a much better deal, then why not share it? if you consider tescos price per litre a ripoff you are clearly inferring there is better out there.

I can see it listed in donnybrook fair for 3.80, but actually looks like a 1.75L bottle
    https://www.donnybrookfair.ie/diet-coke-2-litre

I expect some still have old stock. As the likes of tesco sold it all off for 1 euro I reckon some places like 2euro shops might have snapped it up from tesco. I presume coke reimbursed tesco to get rid of their stock.

2.80 here http://www.worldwidewines.ie/Diet-Coke-2-litre.html

Supervalu list 2L but no price
    https://supervalu.ie/offers/all-offers/coca-cola-diet-coke-coke-zero-twin-pack-2ltr
    the 2l size was so ubiquitous I guess some are still listing it by mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

It looks like Tesco de-icer 600ml has been rebranded.
    I just picked up the 'old' pale blue cans of 600ml de-icer for 75c, versus €3.65 for the new darker blue re-branded ones, in Drogheda extra Tesco.
    The older cans are just above the new ones, and don't have a price on the shelf edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€12 off €60 spend and nearly missed the expiry date on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got no coupons.
    Disgusted. Why? Why?

I did get an envelope which Tesco will post for me. Perhaps a diatribe to tescoireland CEO..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MacTiarnain

Found 7 packs of some sort of Bacon Monster Munch crisps for 50c in Tesco Wexford the other day, not a yellow sticker product either.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I spend 60-70 Euro a week in tesco. Got my Xmas mailing yesterday and all I got was an €8 voucher...no money off shopping vouchers when you spend so much? My mother then rarely goes to tesco and she got 3x spend 70 get 15 off vouchers???? Doesn't make sense??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

puma90 wrote: »
    I spend 60-70 Euro a week in tesco. Got my Xmas mailing yesterday and all I got was an €8 voucher...no money off shopping vouchers when you spend so much? My mother then rarely goes to tesco and she got 3x spend 70 get 15 off vouchers???? Doesn't make sense??
    Because you go every week and spend. The ploy is to encourage people to spend which you already do

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Heads up - 6 for €50.00 wine sale (with another 5% off original price) finishes today

• TheDriver wrote: »
    Because you go every week and spend. The ploy is to encourage people to spend which you already do

We spend €200+ a week on Tesco.ie and got 3 x Spent 80 get 16 off. Valid in-store only :( Obviously they seem to want us too shop in-store rather than online.
    Anyway, Will be handy for the wine, beer, spirits for Xmas and phone credit for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

vicwatson wrote: »
    Heads up - 6 for €50.00 wine sale (with another 5% off original price) finishes today

They had a 6 for €40 of a different selection today (Sunday) - cheaper bottles than the ones in the €50 deal ... seems bizarre to me to change the deal over a weekend, maybe it's something to do with running an advert in sunday papers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

odyssey06 wrote: »
    They had a 6 for €40 of a different selection today (Sunday) - cheaper bottles than the ones in the €50 deal ... seems bizarre to me to change the deal over a weekend, maybe it's something to do with running an advert in sunday papers.

Maybe, funny enough the checkout girl half mentioned the change was to be overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

vicwatson wrote: »
    Maybe, funny enough the checkout girl half mentioned the change was to be overnight.

yes it was available today . But it doesn't seem to be on the website

I picked up 6
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

for €36.25 €6.04 a bottle ( and I also used a €16 off a €100 shop )

There was also some Santa Rita 120 as part of the offer
    Can't recall the others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

CH3OH wrote: »
    yes it was available today . But it doesn't seem to be on the website

I picked up 6 for €36.25 €6.04 a bottle ( and I also used a €16 off a €100 shop )

There was also some Santa Rita 120 as part of the offer
    Can't recall the others
    How does it come to €36.25 for six. Is it €40 less some percentage? 9%? Or are you taking the coupon into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

leck wrote: »
    How does it come to €36.25 for six. Is it €40 less some percentage? 9%? Or are you taking the coupon into account?

it takes 5% off the original price ( the standard discount if you buy 6)

Price €12.49 each on the shelf

6 for €40 and then 5% off €12.49 x 6 x .05 = €3.75 extra discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

CH3OH wrote: »
    it takes 5% off the original price ( the standard discount if you buy 6)

Price €12.49 each on the shelf

6 for €40 and then 5% off €12.49 x 6 x .05 = €3.75 extra discount
    Aha! thanks. Were there a number of wines in the deal? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone know if it is possible to print they spend vouchers from the website, only see an option to print the cash vouchers?

Bought some Vina Sol Torres last week and it was €9 a bottle.
    Bought some in NI before that in Tesco (buy 6 get 25% off) and they worked out at €5.50 each after discount without any coupons.
    Strange that Tesco down here haven't done a "Buy 6 and get 25% off" in the last few months especially now Dunnes are doing it but back as vouchers on Dunnes Loyality card?

Tesco in NI 25% off 6 or more bottles offer finishes 5th December.
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/#banner1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭rx8

Spotted earlier they have 5 bottles of Coke /Diet/Zero 1.75lt for €5
    Normally over €2 each

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Santa Rita Merlot and Cab Sauv on the deal too. That's my yearly wine shopping done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

stimpson wrote: »
    Santa Rita Merlot and Cab Sauv on the deal too. That's my yearly wine shopping done.
    That's some stash!

Great price at basically €6 a bottle. I must stock up myself. When is deal on 'til?

Advertisement