Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chill.ie

• 08-10-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

got a quote online for 1300...gave them a ring and they dropped to 900e :D

prov lic 1 yr ncb 23

Happy boy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

im with them too...last 3 years...everywhere else was quoting me €600 + got it for €450 with chill :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The price does seem good for the profile.

but who underwrites the policy?
    Whats the excess?
    What cover?

It's not all about price as you'd discover in the event of a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

MidlandsM wrote: »
    The price does seem good for the profile.

but who underwrites the policy?
    Whats the excess?
    What cover?

It's not all about price as you'd discover in the event of a claim.

excess is 250, uw by Asgard , full comp , w/screen ....everything i want really .....not a flash car in fairness 00 punto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I just signed up to tesco insurance.

28male , over 5 yrs NCB, named driver 24, female 0 yrs NCB, 1.1l car...

Fully comp 270ish(for the basic package)

I went for the next 1 up which has extras such as insured NCB etc..314 euro!

some others were quoting me 700 ish..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

excess is 250, uw by Asgard , full comp , w/screen ....everything i want really .....not a flash car in fairness 00 punto

Sounds decent!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Just a little off topic. The NCB protection, in my experience, is not all it claims to be.
    We had a car stolen a couple of years ago, we had at least 10 years NCB but when we went to renew the policy the premium had increased by 50%.
    Fine you say, take your business elsewhere. That, however is where the problem starts, your insurer will not give you a certificate of no claims to take to another insurer, so you have the choice of sticking with the one you are with and paying the increased premium or going to another insurer with a claim on your record.
    Nothing wrong with this of course, your NCB is still protected with your current insurer, you just have to pay whatever premium they decide on for as long as it takes to build up your NCB again. It's just a case of massaging the figures and a little bit disingenuous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Checked chill.ie there, 920 for a 1.2 Punto, 24 years old, 2 years no claims...... Rip off!!
    Looking at buying a BMW 316, checked that- only 50 quid more! Can't be right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

One thing to watch out for with brokers like Chill is the voluntary excess, I haven't come across this when dealing direct, only with brokers

Can't remember who from,
    but got a quote and noticed that in the event of a claim I'd be stuck with €300 compulsory excess and a minimum €250 voluntary excess
    so I'd have to pay the first €550 of any claim

One thing I did recently, I got an online quick quote from fbd for €690 and managed to negotiate €150 off my renewal

Would have gone with FBD but like 123.ie they require a lump sum when paying monthly, that and the full quote was a hell of a lot more

Looks like Tesco are underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance now, got a good quote but I forgot to phone them.
    That can only be a good thing that they're now dealing with RSA instead of Aviva

Will be interesting to see how Aviva are doing here in Ireland in 10yrs when my generation are approaching our mid 30's,
    still remembering the crap quotes or no quotes because we don't want to drive a 1L Corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aravmithun

Hi all,i currently got a quote from chill.ie and its cheaper.
    The cover is provided by TRAVELLERS J company based in us.Are they good,any experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Always play the insurers off each other.

I've found Tesco insurance to be mega cheap with all the benefits I'd expect and then insure.ie have always been good at matching whatever I've gotten elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Chill for me was €500 dearer than 123.ie (which I've found to be cheapest year in year out). Tesco won't give me quote online for some reason.

It's pointless recommending an Insurance company to anyone, it's going to depend on the details you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

aravmithun wrote: »
    Hi all,i currently got a quote from chill.ie and its cheaper.
    The cover is provided by TRAVELLERS J company based in us.Are they good,any experience.

travellers are the crowd that 123.ie insurance policies are underwritten by. I have been with them for 2 yrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

suppafly wrote: »
    travellers are the crowd that 123.ie insurance policies are underwritten by. I have been with them for 2 yrs
    123.ie are underwritten by RSA now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

chill.ie - 630
    axa - 560

axa wins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mossyhayes wrote: »
    chill.ie - 630
    axa - 560

axa wins
    For AXA - if you complete the course on http://www.axadrivertraining.com/ getting all the questions right you get a voucher code for an additional €50 off your premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

For AXA - if you complete the course on http://www.axadrivertraining.com/ getting all the questions right you get a voucher code for an additional €50 off your premium.

I went through all that and all it gave me at the end was an email address to enter into a draw! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I've shopped around and nononsense.ie can't be beaten on price.

€965 fully comp.

21 m full license with 1yr ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

TheTechGuy wrote: »

€965 fully comp.

Yeah but they only cover you for bear attacks in county Cavan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

€965 fully comp.

NoNonsense wrote:
    No Nonsense is a trading name of FBD Insurance plc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NoNonsense wrote: »
    No Nonsense is a trading name of FBD Insurance plc

I know and its kind of funny how much of a difference there is in the cost of premiums between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

cactus10 wrote: »
    I went through all that and all it gave me at the end was an email address to enter into a draw! :pac:
    Strange: I was given a voucher code for €50 off, no e-mail address or other fiddling.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

is it possible to change insurer say a few months in? im sure there would be a plently but nononsense.ie is far cheaper than mine at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Strange: I was given a voucher code for €50 off, no e-mail address or other fiddling.

Sorry about that.
    Last year I was given a voucher code for €50 off + I got another €50 off for having a friend who has a policy with them(axa).. This was negotiated in person though, not over the phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

Send an email with your details to be entered into a draw. 15 mins of my life i will never get back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

It certainly pays to not accept their 1st offer. I was with 123.ie and got my renewal letter through the door. I did nothing about it. I got a call where they wanted to go through the details of the quote again, they then knocked off about €70 as the value of the car had decreased. I still didn't commit. I got another call to see if I was ready to go ahead where I said I was still going to call around the competition. They dropped it another €40 there and then. I then looked around and it was the best quote by a long shot so I went with them.

Lesson learnt is that if you hold off you could save yourself about 10-15% off the original quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Seems a bargain for one not for another!!! Chill quoted me €1057.. Currently with AXA for 750 or so.. Big difference!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

€965 fully comp.

They not insuring below 25y i think. Are you sure? i just stopeed after 2years with them due, they definetely can't accept 2nd driver below 25y.

THey were good, because i didn't see myself claiming for something small. So basically i just needed permission to drive.

205Eur was paying. Actually, if i was 30years, i should pay 183Eur, but because i became 31 and then 32 , they rising price. strange logic. You can check this on their quoting page.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

bmaxi wrote: »
    Just a little off topic. The NCB protection, in my experience, is not all it claims to be.
    We had a car stolen a couple of years ago, we had at least 10 years NCB but when we went to renew the policy the premium had increased by 50%.
    Fine you say, take your business elsewhere. That, however is where the problem starts, your insurer will not give you a certificate of no claims to take to another insurer, so you have the choice of sticking with the one you are with and paying the increased premium or going to another insurer with a claim on your record.
    Nothing wrong with this of course, your NCB is still protected with your current insurer, you just have to pay whatever premium they decide on for as long as it takes to build up your NCB again. It's just a case of massaging the figures and a little bit disingenuous IMO.

Can i guess, with who you was? :) Give me a ring and i tell, how i saved my Claim No Bonus in similar situation. It's worth even i see you 0.5y continuing with them.

EDIT: Please do not post mobile numbers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

You should remove your number. Send it by PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Not too impressed with chill tbh, When I get an initial online "quick" quote from them on my exact model car, it gives me a price which is ok. After I enter all my details ect and get to the end the quote jumps by almost €400!

Advertisement