Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Punch Man

Options
  • 02-12-2015 2:44pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tell me the premise and why I should care for it.

I don't get why its so popular. The tag line doesn't show appeal for me but yet its gained so much momentum since its inaugeration its impossible to miss almost daily now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

It's free to watch on Daisuki so you can make up your own mind. I haven't bothered watching it since there's no easy way to send it to chromecast but I've read the revamped manga and I'd say it's appeal is that it's quite funny while being very sincere.

The authors other manga Mob Psycho 100 is getting an anime adaption sometime next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NeverMidnight

One punch man, its a comedy action anime I think. The main character is really generic as yiu find out in episode 3 or 4 when he tells two other people the secret to his powers.

I recently binged the anime and it just works. The humor is funny, the action can be great. The characters all have their own personality.

I think the main reason they stuck with it, is because it connects with them on a level of when we were kinds at some stage we wished for super powers and the main character as generic looking as he is fits that role.

Advertisement