Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Recommendation

• 09-12-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi there,

Do you recommend any specific oven to install?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The quality of the oven will depend on how much you want to pay for it, do you need stay clean interior fan oven and fan assisted grilling etc, ask your elec retailer about the Electrolux ovens made in Germany with all the bells and whistles and not over expensive, even with steam assist

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kaldo

The quality of the oven will depend on how much you want to pay for it, do you need stay clean interior fan oven and fan assisted grilling etc, ask your elec retailer about the Electrolux ovens made in Germany with all the bells and whistles and not over expensive, even with steam assist

Thanks.

What's the average cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err thats how long is a piece of string type question.

Are you looking for a unit to install in a kitchen press or freestanding oven with grill and hob?

They range from around €400 to €5000 (maybe more)? It all depends on brand, warranty, features and your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Kaldo wrote: »
    Thanks.

What's the average cost?

single oven approx. 450, double 700

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've an Electrolux single multi-function oven with catalytic liners for 11 years now, still going strong. I'd definitely get another one, when this one keels over.

The newer version has a steam option for better baking, and can sometimes be had for 400 for the single.

Neff Slide and Hide ovens seem popular too, though I personally can't help but feel it would be prone to issues with that mechanism. Plus the fact that you still need to close the door after you've taken something out of the oven anyway to keep the heat in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Just to add my tuppence here. I had a Bosch single over for 5 years. Element failed as did fan and the bolts holding that part together had literally disintegrated. Repairs costs were eye watering.

I went cheap and cheerful this time. Logik from Currys.

Really believe that white goods are becoming a throw away item at this stage like everything else. If I get a couple of years out of this one I'll be more than happy.

Also you need to ask yourself what kind of cooking do you need to do. The last one I had I never once used the timer and some of the other gimmicks on it.

Advertisement