Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I turn my stanley range off every night

• 10-12-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We have just moved into a house with a old oil Stanley stove. We have been using it happily for a few months but we have just realised how expensive it is when the oil tank ran dry. To save our selves a few quid I was thinking of turning it off at night. I have read in a few places that you should not turn them off, but I can't understand why as relighting it is easy. Any information, suggestions much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Karen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Byrne19 wrote: »
    We have just moved into a house with a old oil Stanley stove. We have been using it happily for a few months but we have just realised how expensive it is when the oil tank ran dry. To save our selves a few quid I was thinking of turning it off at night. I have read in a few places that you should not turn them off, but I can't understand why as relighting it is easy. Any information, suggestions much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Karen

If there is corded wick in it,it gets harder to light it everyday and would have to be renewed more often as it deteriorates quicker.

Advertisement