Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Don’t see what the problem is, my wain has been neckin guinness clear since she was wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Scumbag parents. Remove the child from them while he still has a chance

I have had a few - but really not many - negative reactions recently to me mentioning that my daughter (8) and now my son (5) have been learning Ju-Jitsu and Bo-Staff from us since aged 4 - and my daughter recently getting training on caring for, loading, and using a rifle.

I will have to point them back to this video/thread next time they take issue with me. Maybe they can learn the difference between combat training for children - and mere abuse of children.

The core goal of the combat and weapons training I give them is how to avoid a fight and never get into one - but to escape or even win one if you have to. And looking at the technique and stance and so on of the teens in some of the videos - they do not appear to be learning much useful from their parental "guidance" either. An 8 year old girl well trained would treat a fight with one of their 14 year old boys almost like an effortless session of ballet. I wonder how dangerous they would be if they had a first notion on how to hold themselves in a fight against anyone but their fellow incompetents.

The core goal of the rabbit hole of videos I ended up in however - after clicking the first one is to get in as many fights as possible and give your family a bigger name than the other families doing the same. As they said in one video "I will be drinking a rake of these and sticking this fist into as many faces as possible - that is what paddys day is for us".

A big area of complete ignorance in my life I have to say. I will not even pretend to know a jot about these people. I know nothing about their culture or community. Just the culture and community of the specific ones sending you tube videos of smack talk to each other. I can only hope the rest of their community cringes when they see it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

NIMAN wrote: »
    Different story of course if me or you posted up a video of our 4 year old downing Guinness. The authorities would be at our house within hours.

Good!. I'm glad that if I take leave of my senses and start force feeding alcohol to my child there is a safety net out there so that he is protected and cared for. For all the the state supposedly cares for this ethnic minority :rolleyes:, they don't actually give a fück as kids who are (at best) very clearly suffering from neglect that constitutes abuse are just left to moulder.

I've reported the video to youtube. It's child abuse and at the very least the channel should be taken down and his 'father' prevented from having the notoriety that he's doubtlessly enjoying.

I'm sure our esteemed representatives in Merrian Sq were aware of this rich integral part of parenting style that this distinct ethnic group provides..

• Advertisement

This is another video of the child drinking on his fathers Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/100003607223077/posts/1457530597710500?sfns=mo

I’m on the road for a while but I’ll get links to the fathers court appearance where the judge told him to stay out of the jurisdiction.

I’d urge everyone to contact social services in Northern Ireland, Tusla and the court/judge from his last appearance. This isn’t a vendetta against travellers it’s for the protection of a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Put the child in a GAA or football top surrounded by supporters in a pub all the media in the country would be outraged by it and then the parents would be arrested and the child taken off them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Please contribute to the discussion without using slurs about Travellers. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Pter wrote: »
    Mod

Please contribute to the discussion without using slurs about Travellers. Thanks

Ill try but its hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Any parent, regardless of creed , colour, race or ethnicity who does this to their child should be locked up.

• Advertisement

Lads, do ye not know that Guinness is a great man for worms in childer? (Not that he looks like one with worms)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the bigotry of low expectations.

people dont expect travellers to behave any better than this so nothing will be done.

add to this travellers protected ethnic status and lobby groups and no one will touch the issues with a barge pole

the end result is what you see in this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

pablo128 wrote: »
    Have you not read the thread? What has an incident in Northern Ireland got to do with our politicians?

The party/ parties in question have "dealings" both side of the border and are more of a problem in Ireland than in the UK. We're not talking about gun crime in the US here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

and the same craic and worse is going on with the smokies in the republic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

the baby hulk is currently 2/1 to bate any of the Joyces in 2029

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I'm sure this kind of thing goes on in high society too, it's not only the travellers who are introducing their kid's to this kind of thing.

There's plenty of stoners smoking spliffs around their kids and not a bother to them.

Kid's inhaling second hand gange.

Upper classes snorting pepsi at weekends, where's that money going to it's hardly going back into the family.

Just because they're travellers the whole thread shouldn't be bashing them as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gimme a minute, just sticking the popcorn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

why do politicians pander to travellers !? never seen or smelt one of them in the local voting station.

Facebook video https://www.facebook.com/100003607223077/posts/1457530597710500?sfns=mo

YouTube video https://youtu.be/o-SH4RpKq7g

This is the father, Joe Joyce, who was ordered by the courts in Tullamore to not post anymore YouTube videos. He stated his address as Lisnaskea, Co. Fermanagh.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1033512/

Email address for Tullamore court:

Email tullamorecourtoffice@courts.ie
    Head of Office Geraldine Cornyn Office Manager
    Judge: Keenan Johnson

Fermanagh Social Services
    Duty.team@westerntrust.hscni.net

Tusla (Offaly) 0449353997

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

john4321 wrote: »

you wonder if this young lad can, read or write,
    there would be none of this ould behaviour from them, if there was no dole, or free house,
    Disgusting kind of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipd6NYPqaKQ

I'd like to see this guy on First Dates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

blueb wrote: »
    and the same craic and worse is going on with the smokies in the republic
    blueb wrote: »
    why do politicians pander to travellers !? never seen or smelt one of them in the local voting station.

Mod

blueb don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Nothing warms the heart more than seeing an overweight toddler who can barely talk being forced to drink Guinness and shake his fists around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What really annoyed me about the video (which is horrible of course) is the blatant disrespect for their surroundings and lack of manners "throw the cutlery on the floor" and "stand up on the table there" just shows you how people like this are brought up to not give a f*ck on basic level.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This video is almost certainly taking the heat off Maggie Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Have any of you keyboard warriors actually contacted Tulsa???

You'd be along to ask why they haven't rang Tusla on settled people's cases if they admitted they reported this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Omackeral wrote: »
    You'd be along to ask why they haven't rang Tusla on settled people's cases if they admitted they reported this case.
    Aye - total sh1t-stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It is often settled toddlers drinking pints and shadow boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

goat2 wrote: »
    you wonder if this young lad can, read or write,

He is only 4 or 5 as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Tacklebox wrote: »
    I'm sure this kind of thing goes on in high society too
    Nah it doesn't. Not even a necessity to refer to it as "high" society, just most of the rest of society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement