Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-03-2019, 18:37   #181
mfceiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
It is often settled toddlers drinking pints and shadow boxing
I think you'll find it's often settled people sneaking into halting sites and swapping toddlers bottles of milk for cans of Guinness.
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 18:47   #182
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by end of the road View Post
it's not what they always say. from anyof their press releases and other corispondants with the media, the only time they say something is someone else's fault is when it actually is, for example when they talk about things such as discrimination against travelers.
They never talk about the crimes they commit against the settled comm7nity and the elderly in particular.

well yes, unfortunately travelers still remain to be the victims of discrimination and bigotry.

Travellers cause themselves to be discriminated against by their uncivilized actions and crime.

how so? they are a group that raise traveler specific issues and lobby to insure traveler's rights are upheld. not sure how that is being an apologist?

Travellers rights are upheld better than settled people’s rights. Pavee Point make sure of that alright. They totally refuse to comment on Travellers beating their wives, failing to send their kids to school, calling out videos, fighting among themselves and disrupting funerals and indeed entire towns.

in what way are they useless? they seem to be standing up for traveler's rights and lobbying quite well. so from what i can see at least they are far from useless given they do exactly what they were set up to do.
They are letting down Travellers kids by neglecting to comment on lack of school attendance, wife beating and general bad manners by Travellers. They make their criminal ways seem like the norm. It’s not.
21-03-2019, 18:52   #183
buried

Traveller organisations like Pavee Point keep informing us about all the high number of bad health and suicide rates within their community. Yeah fair enough, its not right, nobody wants that anywhere, but look at that video of that infant, I mean what chance have some of them actually got if that's the way some of them are being raised??? Raised to be a performing cartoon nightmare animal clown from infancy? I mean come on, there's a good portion of the high suicide rate explanation right there Pavee Point. Time to own the f**k up to it. That video is just completely and totally f**ked. "The baby hulk" f**king HELL ,That video is real nightmare stuff. Its 100% total abuse. HELL awaits that total piece of $hit holding that phone too
21-03-2019, 19:15   #184
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post
I will.....in 24 hours!
I just got this joke
Thanks from:
21-03-2019, 20:35   #185
NasserShammaz
Banned

Quote: end of the road

"unfortunately travelers still remain to be the victims of discrimination and bigotry"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sure their victims share my contempt for you r BS,
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 20:52   #186
end of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
They never talk about the crimes they commit against the settled comm7nity and the elderly in particular.
it's not in their remit to be fair. also there really isn't anything more they can publically bring to the table on that issue.

Quote:
Travellers cause themselves to be discriminated against by their uncivilized actions and crime.
those facing discrimination are never responsible for that discrimination. those who carry out the discrimination are the only ones responsible for it happening. whatever acts that are being committed by a group are separate to the discrimination that group may face.

Quote:
Travellers rights are upheld better than settled people’s rights. Pavee Point make sure of that alright.
pavee point insure traveler's rights are upheld yes, that is their remit. i wouldn't expect them to do anything less. but travelers do not have more rights then the rest of us.

Quote:
They totally refuse to comment on Travellers beating their wives, failing to send their kids to school, calling out videos, fighting among themselves and disrupting funerals and indeed entire towns.
if they were to publically comment on issues such as the above, it's quite likely that they wouldn't win because people would still complain that they didn't make their point in a certain way or didn't say certain things that they wanted to hear. so it's better if pavee point simply stick to lobbying rather then commenting on actions. there are enough people to go around to comment on these issues anyway.

Quote:
They are letting down Travellers kids by neglecting to comment on lack of school attendance, wife beating and general bad manners by Travellers. They make their criminal ways seem like the norm. It’s not.
not publically commenting on these issues is not letting traveler's kids down, given that there are processes and laws in place to deal with lack of school attendence as well as all of the other issues. anyone can inform the authorities if they believe a breach of the law is or has taken place, it's not pavee point's fault that people won't use the processes available if they are genuinely concerned about these issues happening within the traveling community.
21-03-2019, 21:45   #187
Mad_maxx

Quote:
They’d just say it’s someone else’s fault. It’s what they always say. They’re the victims. Pavee Point are only their apologists. Useless organization funded by our taxes.
Pavee point are victim industry players
(3) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 21:47   #188
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by end of the road View Post
it's not in their remit to be fair. also there really isn't anything more they can publically bring to the table on that issue.

those facing discrimination are never responsible for that discrimination. those who carry out the discrimination are the only ones responsible for it happening. whatever acts that are being committed by a group are separate to the discrimination that group may face.

pavee point insure traveler's rights are upheld yes, that is their remit. i wouldn't expect them to do anything less. but travelers do not have more rights then the rest of us.

if they were to publically comment on issues such as the above, it's quite likely that they wouldn't win because people would still complain that they didn't make their point in a certain way or didn't say certain things that they wanted to hear. so it's better if pavee point simply stick to lobbying rather then commenting on actions. there are enough people to go around to comment on these issues anyway.

not publically commenting on these issues is not letting traveler's kids down, given that there are processes and laws in place to deal with lack of school attendence as well as all of the other issues. anyone can inform the authorities if they believe a breach of the law is or has taken place, it's not pavee point's fault that people won't use the processes available if they are genuinely concerned about these issues happening within the traveling community.
As I said, always the victims.
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 21:53   #189
Jerichoholic

What annoyed me more was him telling the kid to throw the cutlery on the floor. It's the exact opposite of bringing up children.

A pig with no manners.
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 21:56   #190
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichoholic View Post
What annoyed me more was him telling the kid to throw the cutlery on the floor. It's the exact opposite of bringing up children.

A pig with no manners.
They don’t comply with the norms of society.
They’re a law unto themselves.
Do what we want, take what we want.
Anyone who disagrees with our way of life is discriminating against us.
Yada yada yada.
21-03-2019, 21:58   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
One of the most disturbing videos I've ever watched. This is what our government puts on a pedestal.

That video is indicative of the reasons I have sympathy for travellers. They're stuck in this cycle. What chance has that child got at an acceptable life? When do you go from pitying him to hating him?
Thanks from:
21-03-2019, 22:06   #192
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFresh View Post
That video is indicative of the reasons I have sympathy for travellers. They're stuck in this cycle. What chance has that child got at an acceptable life? When do you go from pitying him to hating him?
It’s not about hating him at all.
It’s about hating that way of life where children are subjected to behavior like this and think it’s the way to behave. When he grows up he’ll be beating his wife and “calling out” other Travellers to fight because it’s all he will know.
(3) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 22:14   #193
buried

Quote:
Stuck in this cycle me f**k man. Literally nobody in this country is stuck in a situation where the likes of this f**king $hit is literally the only option open to them. Nobody is hating on this kid either. Everybody is just horrified at his situation. And so they should be.
Thanks from:
22-03-2019, 10:49   #194

Quote:
It’s not about hating him at all.
It’s about hating that way of life where children are subjected to behavior like this and think it’s the way to behave. When he grows up he’ll be beating his wife and “calling out” other Travellers to fight because it’s all he will know.

That's my point. But at some point during his life you'll stop looking at him as a victim of that way of life and start looking at him as the propagator won't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buried View Post
Stuck in this cycle me f**k man. Literally nobody in this country is stuck in a situation where the likes of this f**king $hit is literally the only option open to them. Nobody is hating on this kid either. Everybody is just horrified at his situation. And so they should be.

No doubt. But this kid has little chance of growing up right considering the influences on him. And when he grows up into an adult traveler he will face the same hatred the others do. That's the cycle.
(3) thanks from:
22-03-2019, 10:59   #195
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
That's my point. But at some point during his life you'll stop looking at him as a victim of that way of life and start looking at him as the propagator won't you?

No doubt. But this kid has little chance of growing up right considering the influences on him. And when he grows up into an adult traveler he will face the same hatred the others do. That's the cycle.
Any solutions to how the cycle can be broken?
Thread Closed