Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-05-2019, 00:33   #6091
misterbizmuth
Registered User
 
misterbizmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAOK View Post
Nothing major - will watch some of the election results coverage over the weekend

Did you vote today?
No, I always vote but not today as I'm on holiday and out of the country.

Do you think your MEP really represents the interests of your local community? Makes a difference? Can be approached by voters in the same way as TDs and councillors to try and help out with personal family issues?
misterbizmuth is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 00:57   #6092
jimbobaloobob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,765
I would be of the opinion some could be approached, maybe not directly help you but would have the local government contacts to help if they wanted.




Have you ever approached a politician for help?
jimbobaloobob is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:00   #6093
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
No, never. I consider them useless anyway.

Is your current life the way you envisaged it as a teen?
Dash_Of_Red is offline  
Thanks from:
25-05-2019, 01:03   #6094
jimbobaloobob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Of_Red View Post
No, never. I consider them useless anyway.

Is your current life the way you envisaged it as a teen?



In my head im still a teen.


No its not but then i dont think i envisaged too much.




What about yourself?
jimbobaloobob is offline  
Thanks from:
25-05-2019, 01:16   #6095
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
I had high hopes. Didnt work out. What was the best moment of your life?
Dash_Of_Red is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 01:22   #6096
jimbobaloobob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,765
Hard to label one moment as the best moment of my life, Ive had some very significant moments that i would rate as good, but then im not sure were they good because i hadn't pr-empted them or are they good looking back.





When the house falls quiet and you have it all to yourself, whats your favourite thing to do?
jimbobaloobob is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:31   #6097
misterbizmuth
Registered User
 
misterbizmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,693
Put the feet up, mug of scald, watch Frasier on CH4 or read a book.

Everyone in Russia pays the same flat rate of income tax, I believe it's 13% (maybe 12, can't be arsed googling at this hour) and it applies from billionaires to janitors. No high rate, no low rate, just 13% on every rouble.

From what I've been told by people who live there there's (relatively) little effort to avoid/evade this as most people know where they stand and think it's reasonable.

Not asking if you personally would be financially better off under this, asking if you think it's actually fair?
misterbizmuth is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:36   #6098
jimbobaloobob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,765
I think its fair to a point, i see the logic of one rate for all, problem is though 13% to one persons income is a savage donation for another its small change. So not fair as personal situations differ.


Have you ever been to Russia?
jimbobaloobob is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:39   #6099
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbizmuth View Post
Put the feet up, mug of scald, watch Frasier on CH4 or read a book.

Everyone in Russia pays the same flat rate of income tax, I believe it's 13% (maybe 12, can't be arsed googling at this hour) and it applies from billionaires to janitors. No high rate, no low rate, just 13% on every rouble.

From what I've been told by people who live there there's (relatively) little effort to avoid/evade this as most people know where they stand and think it's reasonable.

Not asking if you personally would be financially better off under this, asking if you think it's actually fair?
If it includes inheritance tax then yeah. Its a mental question by the way.

Anyhow..... Most hostile county in Ireland?
Dash_Of_Red is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 01:40   #6100
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
christ
Dash_Of_Red is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:41   #6101
misterbizmuth
Registered User
 
misterbizmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,693
From personal experience, Limerick, Dublin, or Donegal. Though in Donegal it was the Gardaí giving me gyp
Compulsory organ donation/harvesting... yay or nay?
misterbizmuth is offline  
25-05-2019, 01:47   #6102
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23
Nah.


SplittheDubs into north and south or laaayve it be?
Dash_Of_Red is offline  
25-05-2019, 02:02   #6103
misterbizmuth
Registered User
 
misterbizmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,693
Dubs are dreadful people, get rid asap.

A) Are you Irish?

B) Regardless of your previous answer, do you remember your first bona fide friendship with a foreigner? Not just meeting one, I mean the first time you thought of one as a friend? No Nordies, but other regular Brits can be included.
misterbizmuth is offline  
Thanks from:
25-05-2019, 17:00   #6104
Makikomi
Registered User
 
Makikomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 23,287
Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbizmuth View Post
Dubs are dreadful people, get rid asap.

A) Are you Irish?

B) Regardless of your previous answer, do you remember your first bona fide friendship with a foreigner? Not just meeting one, I mean the first time you thought of one as a friend? No Nordies, but other regular Brits can be included.
One of my best friends is a guy I've never met, nor even spoken to on the phone.

He's an Israeli I met in one of the old MSN chatrooms. I had just returned from UN service in Lebanon and mentioned this in the chatroom.. He contacted me and we struck up a conversation and friendship which has lasted in 2001.

Not long after I met another foreigner who was to become a close friend, training partner and team mate (when he was granted Irish citizenship he represented Ireland alongside me in Judo competitions).

He's Iranian, then through me he became friends with my Jewish Israeli friend.

I've no plans to meet my Israeli buddy but when his niece was about to join the Israeli Defence Force he asked me would I take to her about the Lebanese side of the border and my job as a soldier with UNIFIL as she was about to serve in the northern command.

I've stayed in touch with her and have met her a number of times when she's visited Ireland (after her service), and I've been invited to her wedding.

All this through an old MSN chatroom!.. Prior to that I don't recall any particular foreign friends.

Would you prefer to have brains or brawn?.. (I've brawn, would prefer brains).
Makikomi is offline  
(2) thanks from:
25-05-2019, 17:23   #6105
molly09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
One of my best friends is a guy I've never met, nor even spoken to on the phone.

He's an Israeli I met in one of the old MSN chatrooms. I had just returned from UN service in Lebanon and mentioned this in the chatroom.. He contacted me and we struck up a conversation and friendship which has lasted in 2001.

Not long after I met another foreigner who was to become a close friend, training partner and team mate (when he was granted Irish citizenship he represented Ireland alongside me in Judo competitions).

He's Iranian, then through me he became friends with my Jewish Israeli friend.

I've no plans to meet my Israeli buddy but when his niece was about to join the Israeli Defence Force he asked me would I take to her about the Lebanese side of the border and my job as a soldier with UNIFIL as she was about to serve in the northern command.

I've stayed in touch with her and have met her a number of times when she's visited Ireland (after her service), and I've been invited to her wedding.

All this through an old MSN chatroom!.. Prior to that I don't recall any particular foreign friends.

Would you prefer to have brains or brawn?.. (I've brawn, would prefer brains).
Very interesting story.

Brains ..... although i think both brains and brawn can be limited somewhat by genetics .


Are you going out tonight?
molly09 is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search