Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to talk to women about

Options
  • 30-01-2017 11:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I don't see many ladies, what did you talk to your girlfriend or wife about when you first met them?
    The things I enjoy talking about are history, specifically the early medieval period, the gym and television dramas.

They are like a different species to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Wee Daniel why not talk about your music

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

women love to talk about themselves. Try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Try to learn a bit about kitchen appliances, hoovers, Channing Tatum, the movies of Jude Law, loose women. That should get you through the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Bras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

their menstrual cycle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Women are like tractors, if they're no good for dragging turf they're not much good for fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

"How to limit cracking in concrete caused by thermal shock".

Concrete cracks, it can't be prevented. It can however be reduced so as to be 'invisible' to the naked eye with the correct specification, quality control during production and knowledgeable site technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Women are like tractors, if they're no good for dragging turf they're not much good for fcuk all.

Those ones are well suited to lads who do love to drag knuckles.

Us girlies love to talk about our favourite make-up and which tampons fit the best. Finding the right one is simply bliss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Br9Yk90IUAAsIR-.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

"Ted said you were touching him"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The offside rule

Basic map reading skills

Understanding jokes and punchlines 101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Br9Yk90IUAAsIR-.jpg

Damn you Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Talk to them about food, especially fast food and nice things.They pretend to only eat kale and carrot chips but they are really savages just like us men but only eat like a savage in private.

The first lady you see will be impressed if you show her you have a double cheese burger inside your coat or man bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Those ones are well suited to lads who do love to drag knuckles.

Knuckle draggers are no good for fcuk all anywhere, bog or otherwise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Us girlies love to talk about our favourite make-up and which tampons fit the best. Finding the right one is simply bliss!!

The wife loves pads instead. Absolutely swears by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I don't see many ladies, what did you talk to your girlfriend or wife about when you first met them?
    The things I enjoy talking about are history, specifically the early medieval period, the gym and television dramas.

I'll bet your a virgin too (and most likely always will be)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

digestive discomfort
    vaginal itch
    weak bladders
    pay day lending

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Off the top of my head, Things my boyfriend talked to me about when we didn't know each other very well:

Chips. WHere to buy proper chips, not the machine cut, frozen ones.

Places we'd both been to and lived in, and what we thought of them.

Mutual acquaintances, and what we thought of them.

Our parents, '' '' '' '' '' ''.

Clothes.

History and architecture. The weirder the better. Lost / uncontacted tribes. Cannibals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You could try impressing the girlies with a bit of a dance:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    The wife loves pads instead. Absolutely swears by them.

They can be grand but we have to make sure they aren't too thick or they will be like nappies. Tell her to do the tight legging test just in case.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'll bet your a virgin too (and most likely always will be)

Meanie!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Talk to them about their intolerance they've all got them. Bread, sugar, whole milk, gluten that kinda thing, if you catch one eating white bread give it 5 minutes then tell them how bloated it's made them look, make sure to comment on how fat their head looks now.
    Give it 3mts and you'll have your own skinny chick that's cheap to take on a date.

They can be grand but we have to make sure they aren't too thick or they will be like nappies. Tell her to do the tight legging test just in case.

:pac:

Oh she wears the nappie like pads to bet, but at any other time they're suited to day time usage.

specifically the early medieval period,

Thinly veiled "I like weird sex" :pac:

All joking aside OP chat away as you would to anyone as long as you are being a half decent human being. Us women are different in many ways to you men but we both have feelings and hopes and dreams :)

Myself and himself talk about politics, architecture, books, movies, my work, his work. psychology, people we know, whatever floats our boat. It would be handy if the woman you were chatting with shared some of your interests but not the end of the world if she doesn't.

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Oh she wears the nappie like pads to bet, but at any other time they're suited to day time usage.

Ah heavy flow at night can cause leakage so best to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Learn how to play a few songs on the guitar and bring it to house parties. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lamentabli sane

Isn't science their strong point? Definitely go with science. And advanced mathematics. And the rigours of logic. This will get them talking son.

But seriously, with female friends and aquaintances we would usually just talk about pleasant stuff, relationships with various people etc. Its nice for a while but, as a man, it will be weird soon enough. Remember hanging out lots with a female friend (living abroad) and I was surprised at how emotional I was becoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Christ! :D

Advertisement