Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE are spineless.

They hide the criminality committed by the various groups that are adored by the Liberal Left.

Look the Nazi thing didn't pan out. You can't go round arresting or shooting people because you don't like the cut of their jib. Get over it.

Yep the left on 5% or less in the polls really run the country :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Nothing spineless about it, the concealment is very deliberate

Why would RTÉ do this though ? Genuinely curious ...... would it harm them to call it truthfully or are they just worried about being called “ racist”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

hawkelady wrote: »
    Why would RTÉ do this though ? Genuinely curious ...... would it harm them to call it truthfully or are they just worried about being called “ racist”

You don't get it

RTE are at the forefront of PC culture and censorship of any negative stories re_ minorities, RTE deliberately conceal traveller crime while always magnifying any sort of traveller achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

119 previous convictions between them and they got a suspended sentence. Why ?

They should have all been thrown in jail - why is this type of behaviour constantly tolerated.

We need to invest in prison spaces. The judges cannot out them in jail because the spaces aren't there.
    Demand that your politicians invest in prisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

This mornings Indo mentions the success of Operation Thor in halving burgalry rates by

"inter-regional travelling criminals"

Easier to say Pikeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

“They are all back living peacfully. After the incident, their late father made them all get together and shake hand,” said the solicitor.

Ah sure that all alright then seeing as they got together and shake hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Couple months time, there'll be a fued, and they cant be accommodated together, seperate sites required.
    Queue much handwringing and pearl clutching in the leafy suburbs of detached redbricked homes, that we're not providing sufficient culturally appropriate accomadation.

Meanwhile bodies rot on trollies, and people are waiting years for surgeries....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Look the Nazi thing didn't pan out. You can't go round arresting or shooting people because you don't like the cut of their jib. Get over it.

Yep the left on 5% or less in the polls really run the country :):)

The transgender population in Ireland number in the few hundreds. Go try say something bad about transgender people and see how the media react.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    “They are all back living peacfully. After the incident, their late father made them all get together and shake hand,” said the solicitor.

Ah sure that all alright then seeing as they got together and shake hand

How did the late father manage that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have met a number of very nice members of the travelling community. Went to school with them and I'll always say hello to them and stop for a chat if I meet them.

I've also met a traveller who threatened to call the guards if I didn't pay 200 euro for damage done to their car (I was simply walking past). Then there's the traveller and his two sons who hopped a ditch and threatened to kill my dad when he politely asked them to remove their horse from our property. Can't forget the group of travellers who beat the **** of my cousin a number of years ago and put him in a hospital for 3 weeks. Or the other one who broke the jaw of a friend of mine. Or the carload of them that chased my parents and ourselves in their cars because they were having sulky training with their 7-8-year-old kids on the wrong side of the road as we were turning a dangerous bend. Special mention to the numerous travellers engaged in criminal activity in my home town, stealing oil from heating tanks and breaking into houses. Of the two kids beating the sh!t out of their pony when I was stopped in traffic.

So yes, not all travellers are bad, but the most of them I have met are scum. The pandering to this group by the government and the media is sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

FutureGuy wrote: »

So yes, not all travellers are bad, but the most of them I have met are scum. The pandering to this group by the government and the media is sickening.

And the experiences you listed is what the vast majority of us in this country have personally experienced in some form.
    But, of course, those in the ivory towers of RTE and those with Liberal Left tendencies have never witnessed this type behavior, so we must be making it up then.

The Government's pandering should be rewarded at voting time, including the May 24th elections. It's the only way we can get the message across.

Good question and prob convenient

Still suppose the late man wouldn't want to see his four sons continue fighting

Shake hands and all is over

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The father only died a few weeks ago.. Half the pubs in Nenagh closed as a mark of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I saw it earlier. That's just a mile from here. Looks like it's been taken down. He was a brave man to film them in the first place. Kinda silly putting it up on FB with his own name.

What was on the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

LuasSimon wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-challenges-suspension-from-housing-list-after-she-twice-refused-reasonable-offers-38106761.html

Another legal case at enormous expenses for a traveller paid for by the tax payer.
    What percentage of the states free legal aid is spent on travellers ?

Not sure they would get free legal aid for this - but possibly supported by Pavee Point, which gets money from government.

I thought legal aid was just for criminal proceedings, not civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

sligojoek wrote: »
    The father only died a few weeks ago.. Half the pubs in Nenagh closed as a mark of respect.

And the other half closed as ....

they were going on holiday
    all the staff phoned in sick
    they don't open on Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun (circle one)

or

they didn't want pub wrecking drunkards with slash hooks destroying the place!

sligojoek wrote: »
    I saw it earlier. That's just a mile from here. Looks like it's been taken down. He was a brave man to film them in the first place. Kinda silly putting it up on FB with his own name.

You’re not a million miles away from me so. The fella who put it up well fit for them scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Thats what a gold plated coffin gets you - immortality

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    What was on the video?

Fella driving along a back road in north Sligo came across fellas in a VW Golf chucking bin bags on the verge. He started filming. Scum didn’t know what to do, got in and out of car. Then one of them starts to come up to the car of the guy filming effing and blinding. Guy videoing reverses a bit but keeps filming and tells em to pick it up. Traveller goes back to bin bags and puts them back in car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fella driving along a back road in north Sligo came across fellas in a VW Golf chucking bin bags on the verge. He started filming. Scum didn’t know what to do, got in and out of car. Then one of them starts to come up to the car of the guy filming effing and blinding. Guy videoing reverses a bit but keeps filming and tells em to pick it up. Traveller goes back to bin bags and puts them back in car.

North Sligo is Bernard Sweeney territory. I wonder will he mention it, especially given that he is an outspoken environmentalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She must have thought flashing her tits and showing a bit of leg would work in her favour with the judge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

She must have thought flashing her tits and showing a bit of leg would work in her favour with the judge!

She isn't a traveler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Maybe she was displaying that she didn't have any jewellery?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She isn't a traveler

Definitely getting style tips from them though. What kind of fool turns up to court dressed like a cheap pole dancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

eviltwin wrote: »
    Definitely getting style tips from them though. What kind of fool turns up to court dressed like a cheap pole dancer?

"Mr Griffin said his client was influenced by her former partner Michael Maughan (25) to commit the offence. He said Kiely instructed him to express her remorse and apologies to the victim and the court.

Maughan of Hazel Hill, Tallaght, Dublin, also pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to handling assorted stolen jewellery on January 21, 2018. Judge Melanie Greally sentenced him to four year's imprisonment with the final two suspended."

Not his first rodeo either

https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/teen-sped-off-at-over-100kph-to-give-garda-the-slip-28963551.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

People, particularly in rural areas, need to cop on and become more inclusive. Ireland is full of these backward hicks unfortunately, who are mean to anyone whose culture they aren’t used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement