Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Homedream wrote: »
    Declined mpi through council and now been declined royal london mpi, dont no what to do ��

So sorry to hear this. There is 5 other main insurance companies I believe. And pulse in the U.K. are meant to be good too. I’m going to be in the exact same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Homedream

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    Why are people refused MPI?

Yes im afraid we have underline health conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Homedream

Maz2016 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear this. There is 5 other main insurance companies I believe. And pulse in the U.K. are meant to be good too. I’m going to be in the exact same situation

Do you think they will take people from Ireland?? We will try everything to get it. Any other places you have heard of that might be worth trying??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Homedream wrote: »
    Do you think they will take people from Ireland?? We will try everything to get it. Any other places you have heard of that might be worth trying??

I know they take people from Ireland. I know people that got it. Other places you could try are Zurich, new Ireland, Irish life, friends first, Aviva I have sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

Got an email today from Louth Coco giving me a 6 month extension on my loan offer due to covid. Luckily I got my offer in october so I still have the lower interest rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

Salanky wrote: »
    Got an email today from Louth Coco giving me a 6 month extension on my loan offer due to covid. Luckily I got my offer in october so I still have the lower interest rate.
    Did you have to Apply for this or did they give it to you automatically? Ours isbt up til 31st July but wondering incase we need to Apply for extension. Happy house hunting :)

Did you have to Apply for this or did they give it to you automatically? Ours isbt up til 31st July but wondering incase we need to Apply for extension. Happy house hunting :)
    I was actually in the process of reapplying and had to contact them about the hpl1 form. The woman from housing range and suggested an extension and said they are usually only given for 3 months if sales agreed but with covid it changed. I only looked for 3 or 4 months cause thats all I thought I might get but they gave me a full 6 months from the date it expired in april.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SarahKK1987

I was actually in the process of reapplying and had to contact them about the hpl1 form. The woman from housing range and suggested an extension and said they are usually only given for 3 months if sales agreed but with covid it changed. I only looked for 3 or 4 months cause thats all I thought I might get but they gave me a full 6 months from the date it expired in april.
    Oh great we actually are sale agreed but think things will be held up as my other half is only returning to work next week and figure they will need a certain amount of payslips etc before they will allow us to draw down. Great to know that's an option though and that they are being realistic about the time frame too considering things aren't back to normal yet. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

In terms of MPI, what do you need to show the council ?

Do you need to have a policy taken out or letter to show they will cover you.

Want to be one step ahead of them

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    In terms of MPI, what do you need to show the council ?

Do you need to have a policy taken out or letter to show they will cover you.

Want to be one step ahead of them

Have you gotten to that stage with the application yet? You are required to take the MPI that the council offers you as far as I'm aware (although it does seem to vary from council to council). I think you can only look for your own MPI if you are refused the one offered by the council. I'm not at this stage yet though, this is just what I've gathered from what others have said in here, so if anybody is better informed than me please feel free to correct me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Jafin wrote: »
    Have you gotten to that stage with the application yet? You are required to take the MPI that the council offers you as far as I'm aware (although it does seem to vary from council to council). I think you can only look for your own MPI if you are refused the one offered by the council. I'm not at this stage yet though, this is just what I've gathered from what others have said in here, so if anybody is better informed than me please feel free to correct me.

I also believe the price of there mpi is outrageously high compared to sourcing your own

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Told 2 weeks ago our application gone to credit committee. However every email & call goes unanswered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

This is true, you must take the council's MPI if they don't refuse you.
    If you're refused, then you're free to look elsewhere, but as you can see, it isn't that easy to find a suitable alternative.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I also believe the price of there mpi is outrageously high compared to sourcing your own

This is true, the cost of council mpi is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scr88

Hi I am just wondering what documents etc did you need to submit for an extension. My offer is due to expire in August but house now not ready till October. I also had the lower interest rates will they honour this? Thanks

Scr88 wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering what documents etc did you need to submit for an extension. My offer is due to expire in August but house now not ready till October. I also had the lower interest rates will they honour this? Thanks

I also needed an extension, I sent several requests over March and April.
    I finally received an approval for an extension, but not clear how long the extension is valid for as the formal approval didn't include the dates. I'm opening it's October, which would be a 6 month extension also.

I recall chatting with admin person about this and being told i'd need payslips and bank statements confirming situation hasn't changed but as admin weren't in offices, it seems to have been handled differently

Based on all the information i've read here, i believe they'll honour the lower interest rates as you've got written confirmation that you're monthly payments are x monthly including mpi from the county council you've applied with.

I wasn't able to get this information to date, but the council is the only one who will be able to confirm this with you.

As a first off, i'd make sure extension request is submitted via email and formally written to them by snail mail.

If you can get through to them on the phone to discuss what's needed even better. I was too early and told to submit it about a month before you're approval is due to expire.

Scr88 wrote: »

I had to send in my bank statements, 4 payslips, a salary cert and sign a form to say my circumstances hadnt changed. I had actually gotten a raise since I got my approval but they said nothing about it. It was only a small one and I'm nowhere near the threshold so it won't have a huge effect. She said nothing about changing the interest rates as its an extension of the offer not a new offer it should be the same rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Haloumi2020

I have been given an extension and now have my meeting with the council to move to drawing down the loan. I am so relieved.

It's been very hard being patient but there are only 3 members of staff working on the Rebuilding loans in my council and they are having to reassess or check every loan. So to the poster that mentioned emailing every week, I wouldn't. Can you imagine the work they have.

Fingers crossed we may nearly be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Haloumi2020

A good friend of mine that works in one of the CC's contacted me as they know I am applying. I haven't heard back but apparently some staff are very upset at being called incapable or incompetent by inference. They are contemplating legal issues with all these loans due to Covid so much more work than before and still in the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I have been given an extension and now have my meeting with the council to move to drawing down the loan. I am so relieved.

It's been very hard being patient but there are only 3 members of staff working on the Rebuilding loans in my council and they are having to reassess or check every loan. So to the poster that mentioned emailing every week, I wouldn't. Can you imagine the work they have.

Fingers crossed we may nearly be there

I'm delighted you and others here are hearing back about time extensions on their offers. My initial offer was up back in April but I still haven't been given official grace yet. However I hope it is down to my Mortgage Protection Declaration forms being filled out incorrectly, I just had to send them off for the third time just now.

Len_007 wrote: »
    I'm delighted you and others here are hearing back about time extensions on their offers. My initial offer was up back in April but I still haven't been given official grace yet. However I hope it is down to my Mortgage Protection Declaration forms being filled out incorrectly, I just had to send them off for the third time just now.

Len, just to let you know, I spoke to Revenue in Wicklow and they were ok with us not filling those out until we have an idea we may be drawing in the next 3 months. I told them we weren't drawing down until August originally and now October as the new build wouldn't be ready by then.

I haven't heard back from Admin re extension there and have only got email that I've got an extension from April onwards, but not clear as to the length of it either, I'll be getting on to them this week regards that also, as we'll need to plan ahead if a new extension or new application is needed.

Hopefully this helps you, I'd be curious what the holdup is there, but admin person will be under some pressure when she comes back, can't begin to imagine the size of the mail box and post piling up there, likewise for other councils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

kbman wrote: »
    Len, just to let you know, I spoke to Revenue in Wicklow and they were ok with us not filling those out until we have an idea we may be drawing in the next 3 months. I told them we weren't drawing down until August originally and now October as the new build wouldn't be ready by then.

I haven't heard back from Admin re extension there and have only got email that I've got an extension from April onwards, but not clear as to the length of it either, I'll be getting on to them this week regards that also, as we'll need to plan ahead if a new extension or new application is needed.

Hopefully this helps you, I'd be curious what the holdup is there, but admin person will be under some pressure when she comes back, can't begin to imagine the size of the mail box and post piling up there, likewise for other councils.

That's helpful thanks.
    Would you believe in this morning's (An) post delivery which I have checked since my previous (boards) post there was written confirmation from Wicklow Co Co of my extension :D I now have until October 18th. I wonder though will the build be ready by then, and if we're headed to the same estate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Finally got all my updated bits and pieces sent into the council today and the woman I'm in contact with told me it will go to the credit committee when they next meet, but that she doesn't have a date yet for when the next meeting will be but that she will email me when she knows the date. I'm just glad it's all finally back in progress.

It's probably in the thread somewhere but there are...a lot of posts to read through so I'll be cheeky and ask - does anyone have a rough estimate of how long until you know the decision of the credit committee after the meeting has taken place?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Junadl

Hi, so we got approved for 230k.

I know we should be delighted but I'm cautious about this as the get out penalties are hard to understand. How can we guarantee we will live in one place for 30 years?

What if an opportunity arises abroad and we want to rent the house out for a couple of years?

Can anyone help understand the penalties on a house say 230k over 30 years at 2.995% interest rate, which is what we've been offered

Finally got all my updated bits and pieces sent into the council today and the woman I'm in contact with told me it will go to the credit committee when they next meet, but that she doesn't have a date yet for when the next meeting will be but that she will email me when she knows the date. I'm just glad it's all finally back in progress.

It's probably in the thread somewhere but there are...a lot of posts to read through so I'll be cheeky and ask - does anyone have a rough estimate of how long until you know the decision of the credit committee after the meeting has taken place?

It all depends on the council themselves. Some people have been waiting months for replies where mine have all been within 3 to 4 weeks. My extension was granted 3 days after I got all the paperwork sent in though I was told each time it would take 6 to 8 weeks and I was told two weeks for the extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

It's probably in the thread somewhere but there are...a lot of posts to read through so I'll be cheeky and ask - does anyone have a rough estimate of how long until you know the decision of the credit committee after the meeting has taken place?[/quote]

I was told what date the credit committee was meeting, and was told to ring the next day to find out decision. Received the letter a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gnr vr fan

I had to send in my bank statements, 4 payslips, a salary cert and sign a form to say my circumstances hadnt changed. I had actually gotten a raise since I got my approval but they said nothing about it. It was only a small one and I'm nowhere near the threshold so it won't have a huge effect. She said nothing about changing the interest rates as its an extension of the offer not a new offer it should be the same rates.

Hi Salanky.

Had your circumstances changed? Were you or your company ever on the government wage subsidy scheme?

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I see on the proposed programme for government , they have - “Expand the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan.” This is hopefully good news

page 55
    https://static.rasset.ie/documents/news/2020/06/programmeforgovernment-june2020-final.pdf

That is literally all it says.

Sulli83 wrote: »
    We've since had an update and we've to submit information from employers yet again and payslips since we both came off the TWSS. We are hoping for a positive result next week otherwise we will most likely miss out on the house we've gone Sale Agreed on. Frustrating times!!

How are you getting on re: this Sulli? Any progress?

gnr vr fan wrote: »
    Hi Salanky.

Had your circumstances changed? Were you or your company ever on the government wage subsidy scheme?

It had changed in that I got a small raise in January but still miles under the threshold. I was on the subsidy for a time but it turned out it didn't apply to us because we actually got busier with covid (I work in veterinary and every second person bought a puppy) in the forms they ask for 4 recent payslips and though I was getting paid monthly with the whole covid thing the boss put us to weekly. At the time of applying I had 4 weeks of being off the subsidy with it being mentioned on the 5th week so they never saw it on my payslips and never questioned me going back to weekly pay on my statements as my wages stayed the same over the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Throwdown

Hi,

I've read through loads of pages and didn't see this mentioned at all, so sorry if it has.

Myself and my GF will hopefully be applying start of 2021. Fingers crossed it's still going.

My question is around the credit rating. Neither of us has ever had a credit card and fortunately neither of us has needed a loan.

Although that feels like a good thing to me, will this negatively affect us as we won't really have a credit history?

If so, would it be wise for us to get a credit card just for the odd little purchase so we can show we have some sort of credit history?

Any clarity on this if anyone's been in a similar situation would be much appreciated.

Advertisement