Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Co. Donegal or Thinking of Moving Here? Post In This Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I assume its this place we're talking about now then?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Orchard+Ct,+Letterkenny,+County+Donegal,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=54.951893,-7.736564&spn=0.007849,0.030899&sll=54.953864,-7.72459&sspn=0.032776,0.104628&t=h&geocode=FYOERgMd8PqJ_w&z=16&layer=c&cbll=54.953322,-7.735178&panoid=IV3nikl5p2iDhqeAZiAP8Q&cbp=12,140.75,,0,2.04

Used to be plenty of knacker types around the swimming pool every night but now that its been demolished I'd imagine they've moved elsewhere. Milan isn't just across the road or anything so the noise shouldnt be a major problem

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

i linked that wrong, cant work that street map thing, anyway if you go up the street to the cred union youll know what i talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Can anybody tell me what this area is like to live in? Seen a few houses for sale down that way and was wondering if the area is "rough" or if indeed its nice enough?

Your advise will be appreciated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There are defnitely more desirable parts of town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Place wasn't the best years ago and seems to have only gotten worse. The Long Lane area hasn't got the best reputation and there are plenty better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Avoid. Letterkenny is a fairly quiet town, even it the bad areas. But if I had a choice I'd live in the quietest area possible. Lived up that area for abou six months and never had a spot of bother though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

When looking for a place I was told that west of the hospital is to be avoided. I'm now a bit further up, between Pramerica and the Mountain Top, and the worst trouble I've got is an annoying dog at a nearby pet rescue place.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Hi there,

Just looking to see if anyone can help me find suitable accommodation near to the hospital. I will be taking up employment within the next couple of weeks and need to move to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Best advice I could give you would be check www.daft.ie, there's loads of stuff available.

• Advertisement

Thanks the Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Also check out the Dealer free adds paper, comes out in Thursdays and has 100's of ads for rental properties /rooms etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Beechwood park on the high road is a nice spot. It's quiet but close to the hospital and mainstreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

see with rentin do ya always have to pay deposit and 1 months advance, so your talkin 400 - 600 straight up

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Parafox wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just looking to see if anyone can help me find suitable accommodation near to the hospital. I will be taking up employment within the next couple of weeks and need to move to the area.

Are youi gonna walk or have a car?

joasia1973 wrote: »
    Are youi gonna walk or have a car?

I have a car but would prefer to walk to the hospital from suitable location. I don't want to save money on rent and spend the saving on fule getting to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Parafox wrote: »
    I have a car but would prefer to walk to the hospital from suitable location. I don't want to save money on rent and spend the saving on fule getting to work.

The Elms is a nice neighborhood, and not too far too walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

Before you ask, avoid Long Lane, Meadowbank, Manor View etc.

There's a reason they're so cheap...and it ain't good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Pique wrote: »

Just to add to this. Pick up a copy of the Donegal News as there is a full page feature on Long Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ard O'Donnell would be a 10 minute walk from the hospital and a couple of minutes from the Main Street.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Pique wrote: »

Hey, I'm going to be looking for accomodation too in Letterkenny near the hospital, was looking at those places you wrote, Long lane, Meadowbank etc -Thought I was sorted with them being so cheap! Whats the story with them? Why are they so bad? Pm me if you don't want to post here, I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks!! :)

For those of yee in the know whats Knocknamona Cresent area like?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Medic475 wrote: »
    Whats the story with them? Why are they so bad?
    Take 3 guesses and Im sure all 3 answers will be correct ;)

Medic475 wrote: »
    Pm me if you don't want to post here, I'd really appreciate the info.
    Mod hat on: Yes, if anyone wants to comment specifically on that area then please do so through PMs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Naraic32

Can anyone tell me if Fairgreen Park is an alright spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭grugni

Im going to be purchasing a house in letterkenny in the coming year and I already live in the town but Im unsure of some of the areas if anyone can advise. Ive been looking at a number of properties in the Glen Tain area up above prumerica. I was up there today and it looked peacefull, can anyone provide anymore details for the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

grugni wrote: »
    Im going to be purchasing a house in letterkenny in the coming year and I already live in the town but Im unsure of some of the areas if anyone can advise. Ive been looking at a number of properties in the Glen Tain area up above prumerica. I was up there today and it looked peacefull, can anyone provide anymore details for the area?

Glen Tain is a nice development, only slight concerns would be there are a lot of rented houses in it, houses with flats on the side etc. While I'm sure most renters are ok, your always gonna have a lot of people moving in and out.
    Other concerns would be it is an unfinished estate, do you really need the hassle? Also it is a real pain to get onto main road if you want to go into town, traffic is always backed up

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

One bit of advice I would give you. If you are looking at a house try going up on a windy windyish day. Some places are really noisy at night with the wind. Also I would only buy in an estate beside an area of well maintained house with work done on the garden etc. as you know people probably own the houses. Most people renting are grand, but it only takes one.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭grugni

Thanks for the info guys, Im going for a viewing in that area shortly

Im looking at another property in glendale manor, Im suspicious as the price is cheap for the size of the house. Does anyone know anything regarding that area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

Thanks for the info guys, Im going for a viewing in that area shortly

Im looking at another property in glendale manor, Im suspicious as the price is cheap for the size of the house. Does anyone know anything regarding that area?

AVOID

Advertisement