Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Jimdagym wrote: »
    He is T9 now, but with 10 lads. The dead heat will apply so i doubt I'll even get my money back. Bogey-bogey finish completely killed me alright. Thought I was home :o
    I feel your pain put up Scott stallings at 35/1. Was counting my money 2clear with 4to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

So for my tender bet I got €9.84 back :o
    Better than losing I suppose.

I done my us open best last week but sure ill bang them up now. No faith in any of them now with that rain they are getting :(
    10ew Gmac @ 28
    5ew on Kuch @ 22
    5ew on Stenson @ 80
    5ew on piercy @ 150
    2.50ew on paddy @ 80

All 1st 6 places as I did it before Powers went 7. Guarantee piercy will be 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

im going to be sick as a dog if the cut falls at +8. went to place bets on weaver and howell to make the cut on thursday morning but got my timezone conversion mixed up when I went in and the tournie was underway so they wouldnt take them. was going to get howell at 2's and weaver at 4's :(

I done my us open best last week but sure ill bang them up now. No faith in any of them now with that rain they are getting :(
    10ew Gmac @ 28
    5ew on Kuch @ 22
    5ew on Stenson @ 80
    5ew on piercy @ 150
    2.50ew on paddy @ 80

All 1st 6 places as I did it before Powers went 7. Guarantee piercy will be 7th!

Stenson and Paddy doing alright for ya :)

All of mine are long gone - making the cut would be an achievement for any of my guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have been keeping a golf betting log the last few months it might be of interest to some of ye here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056884191

Stenson and Paddy doing alright for ya :)

All of mine are long gone - making the cut would be an achievement for any of my guys

Kuch made the cut but at +7 he won't be doing much.

I am still in shock at Gmac, I would have bet my first born he will be there or thereabouts on Sunday night. Boy, did I call that wrong.

im going to be sick as a dog if the cut falls at +8. went to place bets on weaver and howell to make the cut on thursday morning but got my timezone conversion mixed up when I went in and the tournie was underway so they wouldnt take them. was going to get howell at 2's and weaver at 4's :(

yep - I am officially sick!

Just a small one this week.
    €5 top 10 double, Bradley in the travellers and Sergio in the BMW championship. Pays 50 (I hope!)

Just a small one this week.
    €5 top 10 double, Bradley in the travellers and Sergio in the BMW championship. Pays 50 (I hope!)

I love this bet!
    Garcia up to t5 ATM with his -7 today. Lots still out.
    Bradley t8 going out tonight.

• Advertisement

Bradley couldnt do it for you.

In other news, Harrington has to be worth a dart after his round today. He's showing perfect form for the Irish open :)

Thomas Bjorn to win the irish open! Playing fantastic and knocking on the door for a few comps now. G-mac will get a piece of my gambling fund too. Gonna incorporate something with Jason day in the AT&T too.

Thomas Bjorn to win the irish open! Playing fantastic and knocking on the door for a few comps now. G-mac will get a piece of my gambling fund too. Gonna incorporate something with Jason day in the AT&T too.

Your mad for the doubles. I can't even back 1 winner!!
    Bookies love doubles and accums!

kiers47 wrote: »
    Your mad for the doubles. I can't even back 1 winner!!
    Bookies love doubles and accums!

The doubles are only top 10 doubles for a fiver or so for interest. I do like them though. I wouldn't bet more than that most weeks but the big weeks get a bigger betting fund.

The doubles are only top 10 doubles for a fiver or so for interest. I do like them though. I wouldn't bet more than that most weeks but the big weeks get a bigger betting fund.

Ya I see that alright. Golf betting for me is all interest really. Usually just small token bets. Good luck with your bets this week. I must have a look at some stats and pick out a couple for the Irish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Greenbrier classic.

Andres Romero first round leader 80/1

Outright, 90/1 e.w

I dont understand bookies. Thomas Bjorn limps in to the open after this weekend and they put him in at 40's.

Honest to god, on my boys life's, on saturday night I looked at blixt 4 back at 9's, and Gmac joint leader at 2's and thought it was a great tenner double. Never put it on at all. :(
    Still, screw gambling, delighted both of them got the wins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I can't for the life of me understand how there could be any such thing as a golf betting market. I mean even at the height of Tiger Woods' dominance, it seems like madness to back any one player to win a particular event, it's just way too random

I can't for the life of me understand how there could be any such thing as a golf betting market. I mean even at the height of Tiger Woods' dominance, it seems like madness to back any one player to win a particular event, it's just way too random

Gambling makes EVERYTHING better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think you're missing the bigger picture there... The odds reflect the randomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Some good money to be made on it, particularly in on PGA Tour events around the California and Florida events around the start of the year. A bit of research reveals a lot about course form etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I dont understand bookies. Thomas Bjorn limps in to the open after this weekend and they put him in at 40's.

He has better form than half the field (including Clarke). Bookies won't be long putting a 1 before his price after a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I have a couple of euro each way on Peter Uihlein at 66/1 this week in Scotland and he's 2nd at the minute. Now all I need for him is not to collapse in rounds 3 & 4 like he did at Carton House a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have to say The Open betting is like the grand national in a way.
    Look at last 10 opens. Would be very hard to pick any of them. Even Els at that time. Cink, clarke, likes of Curtis comes along, johnson was in the mix then Watson could have won it. It is a freak and nobody can call draw or weather.

Look at the likes of :
    Fisher
    Casey
    Donald
    Westwood
    Lowry
    Poulter
    Donaldson
    Lawrie
    Laird
    Mcilroy
    Mcdowel
    Rose
    wood
    Dyson
    etc. etc.

Just the Uk and Ireland lads, Nobody on here could say who will do well or even pick top 3 with 5 efforts of above.

Paddy Power loves it id say. Sure why do you think they pay 7.

In saying that I won on clarke. A bit of educated luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,020 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

This is *not* a general golf chat thread lads.
    Betting only, otherwise you are diluting the other tournament threads.

Please keep it to betting *only*, as per the First Post.

Chat moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It is a freak and nobody can call draw or weather.

You can make educated guesses at the 'draw' (its not really a random draw obviously).
    They are likely to stick with what they've previously done regarding pairings and timings, and the top players are unlikely to get a.m. or p.m. graveyard slots.

So if you fancy someone in the top dozen in the betting I think its safe to assume the draw won't be an issue. Weather is more of an unknown obviously, I think you just have to accept it as a potential gamechanger but to an extent that applies to every tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

betvictor offering 1/4 the odds on the first 8 places in the open!

Open bets on. 1/4 odds 1-7.
    €10 ew gmac @ 25
    €5 ew kuch @ 45
    €5 ew Blixt @ 200
    €5 win Garcia @ 30
    €2.50 ew Harro @ 60 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭big_drive

€10 e/w on mcilroy at 28/1

Will place more tomorrow.

Advertisement