Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power shower not working

• 11-08-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭

Hi - our two year old Triton T90sr stopped working today. Had no problems up until now. It doesn't start up all.
    It didn't trip at the main fuse box. I've checked inside the shower unit and all wires seem secure and well connected, no signs of burning. I checked main fuse box and again everything looks secure. The isolator switch in the bathroom does have power though. I also opened this, and there are no loose wires or scorching.
    When I pull the chord 'On', the power led on the shower unit flickers once for a split second. Then nothing. If I push the power On button on the shower unit, nothing happens. When I de-press the button, the power led flickers again. So something seems to be getting through.
    Only other thing to mention - the isolator light is constantly on. But I believe that's because the fitter wired it backwards and it's not really a problem or a danger.
    Really appreciate any thought on this before I get someone out to take a look.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's not a shower fault. Faulty pull cord switch or RCBO at fuse box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's not a shower fault. Faulty pull cord switch or RCBO at fuse box

Thanks! Out of interest, how can you tell from that info that it's not the shower? Would any electrician be able to sort this?
    Would it be a costly call out and fix?
    Cheers

When you turn on the T90sr a solenoid opens letting water flow, a pump starts turning & the power light is on. Any one of these can fail but all three suggests that the shower isn't getting 230V.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

redser7 wrote:
    Thanks! Out of interest, how can you tell from that info that it's not the shower? Would any electrician be able to sort this? Would it be a costly call out and fix? Cheers

Any REC can do this. They will test the RCBO, isolation switch and shower. They will replace the faulty isolation switch or RCBO & issue you with a RECI safety certificate.

Each tradesmen makes their own prices so difficult to put a price on it. I'd hazard a guess that the price could be as low as €100 parts & labour but could be over €200 from a different electrician. They should be able to give you a good idea on price over the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks folks, much appreciated!

That wont tell him how many volts he has at any given point. That just gives an indication that there is some voltage there. He needs a multi meter or a good electrician

Advertisement