Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is the new grey paint for walls?

• 25-07-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi

I am painting my hall soon. I hear that grey is no longer 'in'.

Can anyone advise on what the latest trend colour for halls is?

It may be a long time before its painted again :)

I have a mid chestnut quickstep floor. (not my choice!)

Thanks!
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Red of course, with a few purple and yellow feature bits.

I'm just winding you up a bit ha!

I don't care what colour anywhere in the house is painted as long as it's neutral and I don't have to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I'm asked to do a lot of Off Whites atm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

OP, there's a key contradiction in your opening post. You're asking what's 'in' and then say that what you paint the hall will stay that colour for a long time.
    Pick what suits your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Water John wrote: »
    OP, there's a key contradiction in your opening post. You're asking what's 'in' and then say that what you paint the hall will stay that colour for a long time.
    Pick what suits your eye.[/QUOTE

Thanks, what I meant was, grey was in for a good few years and whatever comes next probably would too..

I don't have an eye for colour/interior design. I was just looking for some paint colour suggestions. That's it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Daughter and hubby were looking at colours last weekend and it was still grey variants. To be more accurate daughter was looking and hubby grunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I have my favorite colors but i decided to pick up all the glossy brochures from dulux fleetwood and johnstones as there designers and color experts must know more and what i should have in my house.... So looked at featured colors and bought them,,,,
    When I started to paint i hated them lol i stopped halfway through and went back to my favorite colors / DEFINITLY go with your gut and your own taste if you intend to be there for a few years. And those little paint sample pots although a bit pricey really help out . happy painting

Advertisement