Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Professional Diploma in Leadership & Management in UCD

• 15-06-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Professional Diploma in Leadership & Management delivered online from UCD?

My boss has given me the option of doing a management and leadership course and this one looked good to me

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Looking at this myself at the moment. Interested to hear did you do it in the end and what did you think? I don’t like that it’s over 1000€ and not even in the National framework of qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

I ended up waiting a year. Only starting it in a few weeks time

Pricing of around €1500 would be fairly standard for professional diplomas I would say particularly from universities

Regarding framework of qualifications that wasn't really a factor for me

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

I ended up actually purchasing a course yesterday evening. It was €1350. Im not so concerned about the framework of qualifications myself more so hoping that it will actually be recognised by employers

Most employers just want to see you have upskilled and the fact it's UCD who are a well respected University you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 10 engamon

Hi thanks for share your oppion. I was on the same boat.

QQ. How did you get the discount? I can see the offer it is available but on the check out the price remains 1500. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 engamon

I got my answer. When you register your interest for a brochure I've got a coupon on my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭robinwing

Would the UCD Professional Academy Diploma in Office Administration be beneficial to a young person ( age 23) seeking work ? she only has a a BA arts degree at the moment. Would the Dip in Office Administration carry any weight on a C.V. when applying for a job. Can anybody suggest a course that would have a role in improving her chances of getting work? She is all at sea at the moment

I think it would certainly help if looking for an administration role but real life experience would carry more weight. When I was 21 I did a summers work experience in administration where I wasn't paid but it was the only way to get experience in an office role. My first real employer mentioned it to me after I got the job that they were impressed by that.

Although I would recommend probably booking in for a session with a career coach if she is really at sea. If you want a recommendation send me a DM

Advertisement