Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Kevtherev1

OMG what attention seeking. Just heard the latest promo for the ciara kelly woman's lunchtime show. A clip of her going on and on about vaginas. Ciara complaining why are woman's vaginas being sexialized by men and society.
    The tone being playing the victim and shaming of people who sexualize vaginas. The people running this station must be all sjw woman.

Just had a google search and indeed correct. The whole station is female based i wont name them here for their sake. But the roles in newstalk of managing editor, news director, digital editor, marketing manager, lunchtime show producer, are all woman. There is one male simp in the operations director role. These people are all the enablers of ciara kelly and why the tone and content of her show is so female centric. The show and newestalk actually alienates male listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Kevtherev1 wrote: »
    OMG what attention seeking. Just heard the latest promo for the ciara kelly woman's lunchtime show. A clip of her going on and on about vaginas. Ciara complaining why are woman's vaginas being sexialized by men and society.
    The tone being playing the victim and shaming of people who sexualize vaginas. The people running this station must be all sjw woman.

Just had a google search and indeed correct. The whole station is female based i wont name them here for their sake. But the roles in newstalk of managing editor, news director, digital editor, marketing manager, lunchtime show producer, are all woman. There is one male simp in the operations director role. These people are all the enablers of ciara kelly and why the tone and content of her show is so female centric. The show and newestalk actually alienates male listeners.

I’m a male, and the gender of the stations management hasn’t alienated me. The terrible quality of their programs has, from Ivan yeates, George Hook, Paul McWilliams they have a long history of terrible presenters many whom happen to be male.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hmmm!
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

That's so funny I find the tone of the show quite 'laddish'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Yes women are more developed gender and are quietly taking over the world. Soon we will have you all locked up in the cellar and use you just for reproduction (sex is optional, vibrators tend to be very good). And Newstalk is the headquarters of this take over. Be afraid, be very afraid...

• Advertisement

What was the guest Doctor talking about 20+ people in leaky sex pods? He was going on about nationality in relation to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

meeeeh wrote: »
    Yes women are more developed gender and are quietly taking over the world. Soon we will have you all locked up in the cellar and use you just for reproduction (sex is optional, vibrators tend to be very good). And Newstalk is the headquarters of this take over. Be afraid, be very afraid...

Yeah, but can vibrators cut the grass?

At least one of the lunchtime producers is a male. I've spoken to him.

Anyway, what difference does the gender of the management team make?

I work in IT and the head of operations is a woman. That doesn't mean we have to use pink network cables or anything.

Btw Im a male and i don't feel alienated by the show or Newstalk in general.

I actually think that she is trying the "shock jock" approach to get audience share. Not working, she is just getting repetitive and boring now!

Mav11 wrote: »
    Yeah, but can vibrators cut the grass?
    :D

You are right we need men for slave labor too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thought they would have pulled that promo after Ciara ended up with egg on her face following the ASAI releasing a gender breakdown of the tampon complaints, obviously not!

Sometimes shes decent, sometimes shes awful, like a lot of the newstalk presenters tbh but when she tries the rallying call ****e, its a painful listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

meeeeh wrote: »
    :D

You are right we need men for slave labor too.

But only cis men, of course. "Prostate havers", if you will... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I actually think that she is trying the "shock jock" approach to get audience share. Not working, she is just getting repetitive and boring now!
    I find her utterly boring. As you say, trying to be outrageous for the sake of it. The new wave of wokes love the crap she spews.

females = offensive :rolleyes:
    Jesus wept

Go on seventy year old Erin and her active sex life. Good on you girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The segment about the HSE telling people to sign up for sexting, sex lines etc. is really scraping the bottom of the barrel even by the low standards of Ciara's old guff.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The segment about the HSE telling people to sign up for sexting, sex lines etc. is really scraping the bottom of the barrel even by the low standards of Ciara's old guff.

Today RTE had it on too. Think all topical shows are covering it today.

As pointed out many other jurisdictions gave out information on Safe Sex in a time of Covid at the beginning of the crisis and they also didn't alienate older age groups. I think the reaction is about the delay and the ageist way they did it.

Also nothing else is happening. August is dead news month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭Allinall

Current affairs talk show talking about what's current in the news.

What a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a promotion or demotion ?

• Advertisement

Morning Ireland will be happy with that!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

The Winnie Mandela of tampons is off..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Seems that Newstalk are confirming the 12:00 - 2pm slot as "Ladies Hour(s)"

Have they ever had a male stand-in for Ciara Kelly since George Hook got the boot? It's probably the one slot where Jonathan Healy has not (and will not) appeared on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

leath_dub wrote: »
    Jonathan Healy has not (and will not) appeared on

Well it was his full time slot back in the olden days.

Ahh when I was young..

/laments olden times and rants about young people these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i really like newstalk but was about to start looking for altenatives away from Kelly from 12-2. thank god shes gone . i dont listen to newstalk breakfast, im strictly morning ireland. id say she was begining to heamorrege listeners. now someone will keep manners on her in mornings and enough breaks and weather sport etc to put a halt to her spewing

Disappointing to see Ciara Kelly gone to the morning slot as I thought they had finally gotten a good mix in the morning with Shane Coleman and Kieran Cuddihy. I enjoyed their partnership, and the idea of listening to Ciara Kelly on the morning commute is about as a appealing as a trip to the dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Morning Ireland will be happy with that!!:D

Bryan Dobson and team are (virtually) high fiving as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Good point. I'm sure they have figures somewhere about the gender breakdown of listerners at that time. The show is not for me, I do music or podcasts until news at 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Be interesting to see how many regular contributors follow her to breakfast in order to give out about her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Good point. I'm sure they have figures somewhere about the gender breakdown of listerners at that time. The show is not for me, I do music or podcasts until news at 1.

You can get them in the last jnlr book. I’m off this week so can’t be bothered looking but if you google them they’ll come up.

Advertisement