Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've not seen anything anywhere! They've turned off the ability for people to post on their Facebook page now too. Be a shame if someone were to tell the Irish Times who had this article up with their numbers for the month....
    Since then all business has come through online and phone orders and the figures tell their own story. In the run-up to Christmas, the company had revenues of about €50,000 in online sales for the month of November which was up on the monthly average for the year.

In the month just gone they pulled in just over €450,000 in online sales, an 800 per cent increase on that month of November last year.

I'm probably gonna wait for D8 fitness to reopen or Strengthshop/Irish Lifting to get stock before I order. They've kept prices static and one would assume are gonna have one of the big orders coming in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm starting to regret buying off of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Elverys have some lighter dumb bells up. Seems a large price increase though (2*8kg) is €90

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mengele wrote: »
    Are they actually posting out anything at all? I have ordered a set of dumbbells about 3-4 weeks ago at this stage and no sign. That company must have some amount of money taken in and very little product let out.

They are just doing what others are doing individually, ordering ahead and waiting for supplies,not a hope they had even 10% of what's been ordered off them in this country.

I hate gougers passionately.

They are just doing what others are doing individually, ordering ahead and waiting for supplies,not a hope they had even 10% of what's been ordered off them in this country.

I hate gougers passionately.

From the article, it sounds like they order two months ahead of delivery date. I truly hope people remember companies like this after all this is done. 450k in sales on what you would assume was 50k of actual stocked goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Yup. Fitness Equipment Ireland increased prices and took probably millions of euro or more in orders for stock that they don't have.
    Possibly they intend to honour the orders when they get stock in a month or two.
    Also possible they will keep the money and just go bust.
    Doubt he cares about reputational damage at this stage.
    Colm Cleary is now a very rich man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

OmegaGene wrote: »

Has anyone ordered these?
    This is what I'm looking for, but I don't really trust unbranded ebay items.
    Wondering if anyone chanced it..

I ordered a single resistance cable from Sports Direct and it hasn't been posted still, I'm wondering do they have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The blue extra string band is very good 70-90kg of resistance roughly.

Just got the orange one...which is the last one. Says it's 103.5 - 112.5. Doing RDLs on it I feel like I'm going to be launched through the ceiling when I lock out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

eyerer wrote: »

I ordered a single resistance cable from Sports Direct and it hasn't been posted still, I'm wondering do they have it in stock.

I ordered these about 3 weeks ago now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077HV3RW5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are working a treat, decent bit of resistance in them and come with some nice attachments. Plenty of similar ones on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jarren1

Just got the orange one...which is the last one. Says it's 103.5 - 112.5. Doing RDLs on it I feel like I'm going to be launched through the ceiling when I lock out :pac:

Orange & 83 mm , There is another yoke on adverts & 100 mm in Black.

• Advertisement

Jarren1 wrote: »
    Orange & 83 mm , There is another yoke on adverts & 100 mm in Black.

Seriously? Jaysus.

100mm though. Have a couple of handles I got for using on the wider bands and they might struggle with 100mm.

Only just got the orange one so can probably milk it for a while yet

I haven’t seen the orange anywhere recently, when I did the front squat for the first time with the blue I didn’t know wether me or the band was going to collapse first, they are good solid bands to be fair

I don't have the blue one. The orange one is for the likes of RDLs because I was using the green one and the reps were too high before feeling any effect so jumped past the blue.

Found a bar I got with a weights set from Argos 10 years ago or so. Never really used it but somehow it made the move to the house but it's helped add to what I can do....like snatch grip RDLs

I haven’t seen the orange anywhere recently, when I did the front squat for the first time with the blue I didn’t know wether me or the band was going to collapse first, they are good solid bands to be fair

Gymless have them on Adverts: https://touch.adverts.ie/other/power-band-orange-extra-strong-83mm/3237037

That's where I got mine. Ordered on the 3rd of May and it arrived yesterday.

Just saw they have the 100mm black band as well...

That's where I got mine. Ordered on the 3rd of May and it arrived yesterday.

Just saw they have the 100mm black band as well...

Would you recommend it? Torn between getting that and the blue :confused:

Would you recommend it? Torn between getting that and the blue :confused:

I haven't really used it. The green band is what I had been using for RDLs and I was doing 25-30 reps for multiple sets in order to feel it in hams and glutes. Decided to bypass the blue and go for the orange to have a much bigger increase in resistance.

I may end up getting the blue band if I feel I need it for a better workout on a certain exercise.

But it really depends on what you're doing with them so I wouldn't suggest getting one over the other. I just got the orange instead of the blue because I didn't think the blue would offer a big enough increase in resistance for the RDL over the green so went up the next level again.

Get both, once you start with the power bands you will end up with a collection, they are so versatile

I think I'll end up doing that, bit of variety.
    I haven't really used it. The green band is what I had been using for RDLs and I was doing 25-30 reps for multiple sets in order to feel it in hams and glutes. Decided to bypass the blue and go for the orange to have a much bigger increase in resistance.

I may end up getting the blue band if I feel I need it for a better workout on a certain exercise.

But it really depends on what you're doing with them so I wouldn't suggest getting one over the other. I just got the orange instead of the blue because I didn't think the blue would offer a big enough increase in resistance for the RDL over the green so went up the next level again.

Would be looking to use for RDLs, squats etc. Have a few other bands which I'm using at the moment, but having to increase reps or really slow down the motion to really feel it.

I think I'll end up doing that, bit of variety.

Would be looking to use for RDLs, squats etc. Have a few other bands which I'm using at the moment, but having to increase reps or really slow down the motion to really feel it.

Haven't tried squatting with bands to be honest. Have a 25kg sandbag and been doing all single leg work. Found a bar so might give front squats a try since seems like band might be catching on you less.

As for RDLs, it depends on the band you're using. Like I said, green didnt have enough resistance and thought blue wouldn't be a big enough increase so opted for orange. But blue may well come into play down the line anyway, depending on what I do.

Haven't tried squatting with bands to be honest. Have a 25kg sandbag and been doing all single leg work. Found a bar so might give front squats a try since seems like band might be catching on you less.

As for RDLs, it depends on the band you're using. Like I said, green didnt have enough resistance and thought blue wouldn't be a big enough increase so opted for orange. But blue may well come into play down the line anyway, depending on what I do.

Everything's a bit trial and error :pac: I'll probably pick up both and see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've tried squatting with bands - not bad when you get used to it - use the blue one. Feel it more in my quads than with the KB whtever way the loading works. You can also use a KB / DB and a band together if you have them to combine weight.

Use the blue band for deadlifts too - dominic munnelly has a good video on this

• Advertisement

I've tried squatting with bands - not bad when you get used to it - use the blue one. Feel it more in my quads than with the KB whtever way the loading works. You can also use a KB / DB and a band together if you have them to combine weight.

Use the blue band for deadlifts too - dominic munnelly has a good video on this

I tried squatting with bands again last night and there's just too little resistance in the bottom half of the squat. Only workaround was to do it like an overhead squat, holding the band overhead).

But I think I'm better off sticking to single leg work anyway...The equipment limitations mean I'll let get more from working each let harder individually than they would get worked together. Also good for balancing any imbalances

See one fo the NI sites is doing a raffle for some gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eyerer wrote: »

I bought a set, paid a bit more that was shopping from Staffordshire, expected delivery 5-7 days. Paid, few days later got the dispatch notice. Shipping from China, expected 26th June :mad:

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I bought a set, paid a bit more that was shopping from Staffordshire, expected delivery 5-7 days. Paid, few days later got the dispatch notice. Shipping from China, expected 26th June :mad:

Contact the seller and tell them you're going to cancel the order if it said 5-7 days delivery, that's not cool. Plus they might be able to expedite something else instead for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Do you reckon when Argos open up, they'll have exercise equipment in stock? Atm they're all out of stock. I presume they open up in June?.

Do you reckon when Argos open up, they'll have exercise equipment in stock? Atm they're all out of stock. I presume they open up in June?.

They can open up in June if they have a street level entrance and exit but not if they're in a shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conybaz

Kettlebells for sale

087-2791562
    €40
    Free tracked delivery Nationwide.

Instagram
    @portable_kettlebell

Conybaz wrote: »
    Kettlebells for sale

087-2791562
    €40
    Free tracked delivery Nationwide.

Instagram
    @portable_kettlebell

Not sure you're allowed to advertise on boards dude, especially for something you're charging €40 for that's €25

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

That’s one way to get banned lol

Mr price have 20kg for €29 for anyone that’s stuck

I keep seeing this but can't find any weights-related stuff on their website. Couple of yoga mats at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

They aren’t in the website but they are in store, I picked up 2 16s and 2 20s a few weeks back and when I was there Thursday they still had stock, it’s not really somewhere people think the look
    Phoenix is the brand, I think the range also stick the brand but only small sizes

They had them today too,some bands aswell,small 1kg and 1.5kg hand weights aswell,this was in swinford mayo

Advertisement