Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lock down photography

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

512394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The lockdown is a disaster for work. Currently doing pro-bono work with graphics and archived shots on social media for my clients that are having the same disastrous effects for their business which has caught a bit off attention and attracted new customers. That's just about keeping the money coming in.

I've had to resort to stock photography. On the other hand, my contributor stock on Shutterstock has spiked, but the payments are just a joke.

Basically I'm paying a fortune to buy stock and being paying a pittance for supplying stock.

Working on a new photojournalist project that might make money in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

49884734912_3ab39abf4b_c.jpg

Departing by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

Taken this evening during a quick visit to the park across the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Great photo of Larry David floating around. The proportions of the house make the photo. Wow.

EUzzbDVWsAAQPIn?format=jpg&name=large

I can just see him getting into an argument with the delivery guy - whilst observing social distancing of course!

:D

49875607616_c43999861a_c.jpg

Ornamental Onion by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

I found this little beauty growing beside the path during my daily walk!

Gorgeous, what f stop is this at ?
    edit- just checked flickr link I see f/5.0 ...

I have the canon 50mm f1.4, and I notice It's hard to get a clear shot at f/1.4, i rarely use it, normally go for f/2.8 at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks Tom,

I was using a Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro lens. As the subject is so close to the lens, this always gives a lovely bokeh if you get a little separation from subject and background. Even at much smaller aperture.

I should have taken it at f8 or above to get a greater depth of field but as it was handheld in a slight breeze I decided not too :(

49855910138_0672d57d3b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Put together the below timelapse movie over the last few weeks. All locations within 2KM of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Chavways wrote: »
    Put together the below timelapse movie over the last few weeks. All locations within 2KM of my house.

Wow, really beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

All of these photos are great. I found the following international places photos marvelous in this quarantine. Yes, I didn't have opportunity to capture them but I am sharing with you.

GettyImages-1217394231.jpg

Above is a photo from Tokyo street where life was busy at night but in lockdown days, it is looking empty.

GettyImages-1216435615.jpg

See how Roma is looking like after the lockdown. They suffered a lot in this pandemic and I want to wish them blessings and love.

I am beginner in photography and usually take photos for my blog from my phone. According to my friend, i should start my photography business because I am good at taking them with smartphone. Right now, I am on my way to choose a good photography brand name from here and then I would decide either I would continue to professional photography or not. I am curious to know how photographers sell their photos at 500px or iStock.

Moreover, I am love these lockdown photos:

venice-5-gty-er-191113_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

Yeah! after lockdown, Venice canals are enough clearer to see under the water.

GettyImages-1217301775.jpg

No crowd on New York roads. Mayhap, a positive side of this pandemic.

Advertisement