Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Post-Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

It's a real raucous Friday night New York atmosphere at Yankees stadium tonight...they just turned around a 2 run lead.

Was in & out of the Astros game earlier...they looked great. It's almost unfair to have Verlander, Cole & Greinke going in the first few games of that series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

7-0 Yanks. I think I’ll call it a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

7-0 Yanks. I think I’ll call it a night.

Good idea, Twins ain't coming back from this.

Both ALDS series could be sweeps.

Nats going with Anibel Sanchez tonight. I presume they're holding off on using Scherzer until Game 4 but maybe they'll throw him in relief again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Meh, Corbin got shelled last night. Real killer after Sanchez was excellent. The problems in the bullpen are biting us in the ass but and it is a big but we now have Max and Strasbourg to try and win it.

Rays not going down without a fight. Good game going on at the moment. Strange seeing a full house at the Trop too.

The Cards vs Braves was a great game to watch. Glad it's gone to a Game 5. Think I'll only manage 1 more inning of the Dodgers vs Nats game

Astros going to Verlander tomorrow on only 3 days rest.

Yankees sweep Twins, Twins had their chances but just couldn't hit with runners on base.

• Advertisement

Max and Strasbourg to try and win it.

Half way there. Going to be a great game against Bueller.

Glad I went to bed when I did last night. Nats seemed to take over after that.
    Tomorrow nights game should be unreal. No way I'll stay up for it though :(

bazwraf wrote: »
    Glad I went to bed when I did last night. Nats seemed to take over after that.
    Tomorrow nights game should be unreal. No way I'll stay up for it though :(

Yeah damn having to work the next day. Disappointing to miss it too.

I’ll be in the States when the WS is on so won’t have sleep as an excuse for missing games but strangely, whenever I’m over there for a holiday, I seem to lose touch with what’s going on in American sports.

Half way there. Going to be a great game against Bueller.

Yep, like Zimmerman said last night these games are what ya live for. The reason we love baseball.

Max is such a competitor and Martinez obviously in hindsight made the right call leaving Zimm in against Baez when all the coaching books say go to your lefty (Adams in this case)

Big games call for big moments. Delighted for it to be Zimmerman. If we progress it will really be down to the entire team a 20 year old phenom and a 35 year old Vet. Incredible.

Looks like using Verlander on short rest was not a great idea.

Looks like using Verlander on short rest was not a great idea.

Yankees nice and happy today I’d say.

Fair play to the Rays, dont think anyone thought this would get to game 5.

Both favorites pushed to game 5

bazwraf wrote: »
    Fair play to the Rays, dont think anyone thought this would get to game 5.

Definitely not.

3 game 5’s. Great start to the playoffs.

Definitely not.

3 game 5’s. Great start to the playoffs.

I'm extremely worried as a Dodgers fan about tonights game.

My predictions:
    Nats in 5
    Braves in 5
    Astros in 5

Nats in 5
    Yankees in 6

Yankees in 6

Rendon and Soto just went back-to-back off Kershaw, guess he's not the hero after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Some game this

Definitely over now!

Wow. The 2 teams that won isn’t a surprise I suppose but looking how the games played out, that is.

What the hell happened the Braves in the 1st? And poor old Kershaw, his reputation of not being able to do it in the playoffs has been enhanced.

Imagine if TB wins today! St. Louis, Washington, TB and the Yankees. No one would have had that a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Wow. The 2 teams that won isn’t a surprise I suppose but looking how the games played out, that is.

What the hell happened the Braves in the 1st? And poor old Kershaw, his reputation of not being able to do it in the playoffs has been enhanced.

Imagine if TB wins today! St. Louis, Washington, TB and the Yankees. No one would have had that a month ago.

That's the kind of game that could haunt Kershaw for years to come.

Some performance by the Nats

ShyMets wrote: »
    That's the kind of game that could haunt Kershaw for years to come.

Some performance by the Nats

Congrats to the Nats - I woke up during the night, and saw that the Dodgers were up 3-0. I was still fearful when I woke again, and sadly, my fears were realised.
    Best of luck to the Nats going forward. Not sure who I want to win it all now. The Rays

As for Kershaw, he has been steadily deteriorating for years now. It's disappointing that he hasn't been able to adapt, and have a resurgence like someone like Verlander. I had said it last season, when we re-signed him, that it was a decision that I agreed with, but not totally based on performance. He needs to seriously re-think how he pitches, and the Dodgers need to sign a big name pitcher this off-season.
    It's a shame

Bleary eyed this morning. Everything is abit of a blur. Incredible game.

At 3-0 things looked bleak but again this team just doesnt quit and believes in themselves.

Rendon (best player we have had all year) and Soto going back to back was just unreal.

Then the 10th ... unreal.

Shout out to Martinez he went with his gut went back to Corbin for an inning and he delivered. Quality.

Dodgers nearly won it in the bottom of the 9th, this isnt on Kershaw. Regardless they were tied. He didnt even give up the lead runs. Yes he gave up two dingers but can hardly be blamed for losing it.

I think its on the Dodgers management going with Kelly in the tenth. Why not bring in the Kenley at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭boccy23

Are the Dodgers the modern day equivalent of the 90's Braves?

Away from actual games, another managerial position has opened up with the Phillies firing Gabe Kappler.

I could see Dave Roberts deciding to move on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

boccy23 wrote: »
    Are the Dodgers the modern day equivalent of the 90's Braves?

This. Dodgers with multiple 100-win seasons and then choke in the Playoffs. Personally I don’t think that effectively making the playoffs in August helps them in October. Playing for weeks (months?) with no real pressure has to have an effect on their bottle.

Advertisement