Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,014 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DontBanMe wrote: »
    Ya Homecare is what I went with. E seems to be on every page so I had to try and ignore that and go with their clues

I'll go with that so thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,899 ✭✭✭thesandeman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'll go with that so thanks

Even if it's wrong, when they start getting all the replies from us lot all saying "Homecare" they'll start to doubt themselves and think they messed up lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Got a surprise delivery of one of the thanksathousand food Hampers. It was delivered by Fastway, I say delivered he fired it over my high back wall, and left a note in the door. My mobile was on it he could have rang as I wasn't far from home. One of the bags of crisps burst, he didn't know what was in it and it could have smashed if it was delicate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone ever won anything from Evoke.ie or Easyfood....?

They both seem to run loads of competitions (particularly the latter), but I have yet to come across anyone who has actually won something :confused:

They both seem to run loads of competitions (particularly the latter), but I have yet to come across anyone who has actually won something :confused:

I've won a few times with Evoke, I actually won one of the first competitions they ran when they set up. It was a decent prize. I have also won with Easy food aswell. It was a hamper that arrived without being told I won. It was an email in one so they had my details. Had a nice surprise delivery

• Advertisement

Easyfood announce winners in the magazine sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

Never got my Coca-Cola Spotify prize, anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

coldcake wrote: »

Same here. No follow up email at all

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

DopeTech wrote: »
    Same here. No follow up email at all

Likewise, someone want to email coca cola?

consumer.response@cchellenic.com

M

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

macguru wrote: »
    Likewise, someone want to email coca cola?

consumer.response@cchellenic.com

M

I’ve not received mine either. Just sent an email to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DebJZ

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Got a surprise delivery of one of the thanksathousand food Hampers. It was delivered by Fastway, I say delivered he fired it over my high back wall, and left a note in the door. My mobile was on it he could have rang as I wasn't far from home. One of the bags of crisps burst, he didn't know what was in it and it could have smashed if it was delicate

Whenever I realise Fastway are delivering, usually after I've ordered, my heart sinks. If you look up their reviews, it's abysmal. But I guess they are the cheapest. But it's false economy IMO. So many Irish companies use them but it puts me off ordering from them if I know they use FASTWAY. They don't even have a phone number to ring. Great you won a hamper though. :)

DebJZ wrote: »
    Whenever I realise Fastway are delivering, usually after I've ordered, my heart sinks. If you look up their reviews, it's abysmal. But I guess they are the cheapest. But it's false economy IMO. So many Irish companies use them but it puts me off ordering from them if I know they use FASTWAY. They don't even have a phone number to ring. Great you won a hamper though. :)
    Yes I have heard lots of stories about them but I must admit this is my first time having an issue although it is probably because I am usually home to meet them. I had a prize go missing years ago but the company sent me something else months later. I never found out who was meant to have delivered it but I always presumed it was probably them. I believe that the original prize was definitely sent because there was 10 winners and everyone else got their prize but mine never arrived

As regards the not getting replys from the freetext comps, someone said on here a while ago that you need to hold back. I think that's the key. Just text once in the middle of the comp instead of multiple times on the first day, just to be natural, not too eager. I started comping 2 years ago when I was sick for a time and I was bored. I saw an article online about a woman in England who broke her leg and started entering competitions. She won thousands worth of stuff every year. I don't like gambling with real money but I found comping a thrill, without the risk. For the first year I won big and small and I just found it thrilling to win something, but since then it's slowed down a lot. I think the best thing to do as is just enter competitions you'd really like to win. I have a feeling that entering too many comps makes them think you're a bot or something. Who knew comping was a crime. LOL. Anyway that's my two cents. Best of luck to all!

Yes I have heard lots of stories about them but I must admit this is my first time having an issue although it is probably because I am usually home to meet them. I had a prize go missing years ago but the company sent me something else months later. I never found out who was meant to have delivered it but I always presumed it was probably them. I believe that the original prize was definitely sent because there was 10 winners and everyone else got their prize but mine never arrived
    Yeah, I think they are slightly improving. The last package got delivered, without being mangled and without me having to chase them up. Maybe there is hope for them yet. ;)

Did anyone get a text back from the Cadbury 50400 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I didn't.

jellybear wrote: »
    I didn't.

I didn't for this one but I do for some of them. Just seems to be hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

macguru wrote: »

A lovely price, but I wonder why a lot of season specific competitions close on or after the event. This one closes on Easter Sunday, so you might get the chocolate bunny in late April or May.
    A lot of Christmassy competitions closed in early January. Would it not make more sense to receive the prizes in time for the celebration?
    Just wondering about the rationale?!?

A lovely price, but I wonder why a lot of season specific competitions close on or after the event. This one closes on Easter Sunday, so you might get the chocolate bunny in late April or May.
    A lot of Christmassy competitions closed in early January. Would it not make more sense to receive the prizes in time for the celebration?
    Just wondering about the rationale?!?
    Yes that annoys me about alot of competitions. In the run up to Christmas there is competitions to help with Christmas vouchers for grocery shops or smyths and they don't close till maybe the 22 so u would have most things at that stage, now I know if it's grocery shop u can use it after but not much good getting a smyths voucher in January when everything is bought. I myself did win a €1000 supervalu one year and it was delivered Christmas eve every thing was bought for Christmas at that stage but it was a big help for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,014 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

todolist wrote: »
    20 x€100 One For All Vouchers to be won courtesy of Tesco and Cadburys. Freetext Cadbury to 50400. Closing date 20th April,2021.
    I entered but didn't receive the usual acknowledgement text in return.

I got no reply back

• Advertisement

coldcake wrote: »

I got my Spotify voucher from Coca Cola today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheJet wrote: »
    I got my Spotify voucher from Coca Cola today

Still no sign of mine

DopeTech wrote: »
    Still no sign of mine

Hopefully you’ll have it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cbee20

Tried again today and received a reply.

cbee20 wrote: »
    Tried again today and received a reply.

I said I'd try it aswell after ur message, I got a reply today and I had tried 3 times previously and had not gotten any response

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

I’m getting message send failure 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

The mail about the whiskey was quite annoyingly written.
    Definitely thought I’d won

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

wally79 wrote: »

Agreed I was actually taking a deep breath reading it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

wally79 wrote: »

Same here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

and here!! I was no way!! then I was like, no way :(
    and same happened with Travel Department one I had entered too, sure I just won a holiday..............nope

Advertisement