Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to redeem leatherman warranty

• 08-05-2019 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have had a leatherman wave for a few years and I really like it but unfortunately it recently broke and the blades don’t lock in place anymore.

If someone could point me in the right direction for how to redeem the warranty in Ireland I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

geco3219 wrote: »
    I have had a leatherman wave for a few years and I really like it but unfortunately it recently broke and the blades don’t lock in place anymore.

If someone could point me in the right direction for how to redeem the warranty in Ireland I would be very grateful. Thanks.

There's a tobacconist in Dublin has the franchise, google them and they'll look after it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

There's a tobacconist in Dublin has the franchise, google them and they'll look after it.

They do Victorinox also, I found their service excellent.

Stratvs wrote: »
    They do Victorinox also, I found their service excellent.

Had to jog the memory cells there (google) and Peterson's is the name.

Excellent is right, I got a no quibble service the two times I had to contact them over many years.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 geco3219

Excellent is right, I got a no quibble service the two times I had to contact them over many years.

Thanks for that, made me think of a shop in Cork that may be able to do something for me TW Murray’s. If they can’t help I’ll make contact with Peterson’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

That's right, went trawling afterwards last night & found an email from them. My one experience with them was with a 5 layer Swiss army knife I purchased in Zurich in 1982 for my Dad. He had it on him all the time & when he died a couple of years ago I ended up with it. It was pretty worn and blades dull so I found Petersons on web & they said send it to them & they'd take a look. So they sent it back to Switzerland had it completely refurbished & I got it back like new and it's my go to tool for pretty much everything. Oh yeah & Petersons wouldn't charge a cent for the work. Just recommend them they said. So here's an opportunity to do that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Hi are two options, you can have a replacement or a fix so if you want it fixed make sure you say the knife has sentimental value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Contact leatherman direct. I've had a couple replaced. They will email you out a form if you contact them and iirc you can tick to say the knife has sentimental value so they will return it if they can't fix it.

If its an old model they no longer sell then you can do quite well as they often send out a much better newer upgrade :D

Hi are two options, you can have a replacement or a fix so if you want it fixed make sure you say the knife has sentimental value.

I tried the sentimental angle when I returned a keychain multi tool a few years ago.

"Kerry are looking good this year" I wrote on the note and when I got the replacement a short while later there was a little note saying "Dublin for Sam".

Top class service, banter and prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The last time I went into Peterson's to get a Leatherman sorted (two broken blades-an old Supertool), the lady behind the counter simply flicked it into an open box without a second glance, took down the next model in line and handed it to me without a word. I had to pay extra for a leather sleeve for it. Minimal conversation, no attempt to engage....another time, when I asked for the unit to be repaired, it took a few weeks but I got it back and still have it, albeit handed on to daughter for her craft work. The shop guy was keen to push newer models but I was happier with the old one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've a broken blade on my Surge that I keep meaning to send off to the UK place for repair/replacement; didn't know Petersons did the servicing here so I'll probably drop down tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement