Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I love the idea of Mania as the end of the season, with a 6-8 week break after being good for everyone

It's good for Mania, since it's a season finale and feuds will more often that not end at Mania. Which is the way it should be

It would mean less filler time which we usually get for a ppv or two until Summerslam time

But it'll also never happen, too much money being made as is and the fact it's a 52 live shows a year matters for the tv contracts

I do feel it's a thing of short term vs long term gain, they'd see a drop for 2-3 years until the fans get used to the new product and it picks up, but the refreshed wrestlers and fans would eventually lead to a more stable long term product, but they ain't going to chance jack with billion dollar contracts and shareholders to account for who won't give a damn about the talent only the red and black

The thing is the roster is big enough they could give the guys and girls 6 weeks off every now again and it would freshen up everyone’s character.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WTF is wrong with this guys voice

https://youtu.be/KjmhefqTUrw

Theres a lot of addictive wrestling channels and countdowns on YouTube nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For all the flack we give WWE for their flip flop booking, they, their video department really shows how good they are, case in point this BTS on the day of Wrestlemania 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The 24 of this Mania should be great. Very curious about the backstage reaction to the main event finish.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPvKO2ndND/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=i6eaxcb1x8uv

This could be bad real bad esp if Kurt Angle acts the same way as he did as Raw GM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The only way I can see it being good is if chasing molly means yokes instead of the redhead in the pic

Wasn't one of the reasons Kurt wanted to leave in 06 the fact he wasn't allowed do movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Felicia is worth chasing. :)

Only thing I've seen Kurt in was a Sharknado film. I know they're not the best films to judge acting ability, but I will say he wasn't out of place in series that featured such acting greats as Katie Price, Kelly Osbourne, Jedward and George RR Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

CastorTroy wrote:
    Only thing I've seen Kurt in was a Sharknado film. I know they're not the best films to judge acting ability, but I will say he wasn't out of place in series that featured such acting greats as Katie Price, Kelly Osbourne, Jedward and George RR Martin

He was in warrior... #koba...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

he was in pain and gain with the rock too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Xavier Woods is the most underappreciated Superstar on the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1079993-wwe-superstars-on-womens-revolution-celebrities-and-john-olivers-criticism

I find so many comments from within wwe (especially from Stephanie) regarding the women’s revolution/equality to Be utterly embarrassing and with such a ridiculous lack of self awareness. It’s all geared to promote the product obviously but the way in which the go about this orgy of self congratulations is ludicrous. This is self contained organization and they have created this toxic environment, and now say how wonderful they are for making some changes. There’s talk there won’t be an Evolution ppv this year and recent reports suggest major discrepancies between male and female performers still. I love wwe, have been a life long fan, but their shamelessness regarding this issue (and often how they like to portray themselves in the media in general) is tone deaf, embarrassing and really quite disgusting

Xavier Woods is the most underappreciated Superstar on the roster.

I can see why he's appreciated by some, he's found his niche with The New Day and the UUDD stuff on youtube so power to him he's great in his role now

But he'd be with ROH and TNA now if The New Day didn't happen, in ring he's nothing special at all and he would got swamped on his own in 2014/15 on his own when modern NXT callups were taking more and more places on the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well going on Charlottes instagram posts over the last 24 hours, Andrade will look as white as a sheet and walking like John Wayne after this week.

WTH happened to Charlotte's face?

Was she in an accident or something?

I didn't really watch for a yr.

She’s fond of the filler and all other cosmetics

She had her first boob job at 21 I believe, and she’s totally different to what she looked like in her early NXT days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know what happened. She got the thing on her face removed alright but no clue what she has done.

Afraid of what future NXT call ups might be renamed

Forgotten sons= The Biker Experience
    Matt Riddle- Riddler Matt
    Shayna Balzer- The Blaze

The Viking Experience ffs, how did it even get the go ahead in the meeting room with such intelligent people. Triple H alone sould of said no

Never mind the name, as stupid as it is, why did they not bring their belts out? Make them looks dangerous and successful right out the gate.

Remember Owens' main roster debut? Brought in as NXT champ, Power-bombed John Cena and stamped on Cena's US title as he stood over him. Awesome.

How did they introduce 2019's NXT Champ to the main roster? A throwaway tag match against The fúcking Revival.

What are they even doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

dont know if this had already been posted, but the Dark Side of the Ring docuseries is available at Vice's site for free. watched the first episode about savage and elizabeth. pretty gripping stuff

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-match-made-in-heaven/5c1a9743be407703a76fad61

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Billy Jack Haynes did a shoot interview over Mania weekend .

He made an hilliarious comment about Vince.

"He's a man who likes to hang around predatory homosexuals and people who beat women."

Obviously he's talking about Terry Garvin, Pat Patterson and Stone Cold.

Haynes was married to Jeanie Clarke, the woman who Austin bet around. He allegedly also beat his nxt wife Debra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

TimesArrow wrote: »
    dont know if this had already been posted, but the Dark Side of the Ring docuseries is available at Vice's site for free. watched the first episode about savage and elizabeth. pretty gripping stuff

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-match-made-in-heaven/5c1a9743be407703a76fad61

I've watched the first two episodes on TV. Cornette despises Russo. Scott Hall believes the Montreal Screwjob was a work.

So with CM Punk back into Wrestling will we eventually see WWE reach out too him for a major return ???

It would be massive and we have seen hatchets been buried before with ex bad blood employees

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So with CM Punk back into Wrestling will we eventually see WWE reach out too him for a major return ???

It would be massive and we have seen hatchets been buried before with ex bad blood employees

To be honest, I can't see it happening, nor would I go holding my breathe for it. He's moved on and quiet frankly everyone else should as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CM Punk is hardly "back into wrestling"

He did a one shot deal, somewhat anonymously, that lasted 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PTH2009 wrote: »

Definitely not I would say. Also I hate being that guy, but it's "to". "Too" is only used in the context of "there are too many of x, or I ate too much". Sorry, it's just one of my pet peeves, no offence intended.

Speaking of Punk, his reply to Ron Funches wanting him on his podcast...

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1120518246891966466

Safe to say there is no olive branch in sight between him and Colt Cabana.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Definitely not I would say. Also I hate being that guy, but it's "to". "Too" is only used in the context of "there are too many of x, or I ate too much". Sorry, it's just one of my pet peeves, no offence intended.

Too can also be used to mean..well.. also. As in “Sorry PTH, this had been bugging me for ages too!”.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Too can also be used to mean..well.. also. As in “Sorry PTH, this had been bugging me for ages too!”.

Mix of dyslexia and auto text ha bigger problems in life ha

One thing i always wonder are guys like the singh brothers/drake maverick etc full time on screen talents or do they do backstage work too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Going through TNA PPVs from 2005 and onwards has really made me wish I started watching the product a lot sooner. I really only started watching TNA around 2008 till gave up on the product in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Controversial opinion: I like Baron Corbin.

Advertisement