Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paslode gun gas

• 20-11-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Paslode framing gun in america. I mistakingly presumed i could buy gas for the gun here in Ireland but have been told that could be a problem as the gas cylinders for american guns are different than the european ones. Can anyone advise me if this is indeed the case or if not where i can get the correct gas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 flush1

iv 2 paslode framing nailers that i got from america 12 yrs ago and have never used any gas other than the gas that you get here that comes in the boxes with the nails.i never had any problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dihedral8

flush1 wrote: »
    iv 2 paslode framing nailers that i got from america 12 yrs ago and have never used any gas other than the gas that you get here that comes in the boxes with the nails.i never had any problem with it.

Right ok. I did exactly what you did back about same time and also had no prob with gas on those Im350s. But my recent purchase seems to have backfired. The type of gas cylinder i need for the cf350li is different than the im350 and also different than the new Irish/european gun . After more digging i found its down to certification. The CE on european certification does not accept the us gun and vice versa. Think the use it as an obsticle for bargain hunters like myself

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SC024

There different bottles alri I made the same mistake but converted mine to run the irish gas bottles It can be done but you need parts from an irish gun.

dihedral8 wrote: »
    Right ok. I did exactly what you did back about same time and also had no prob with gas on those Im350s. But my recent purchase seems to have backfired. The type of gas cylinder i need for the cf350li is different than the im350 and also different than the new Irish/european gun . After more digging i found its down to certification. The CE on european certification does not accept the us gun and vice versa. Think the use it as an obsticle for bargain hunters like myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dihedral8

SC024 wrote: »
    There different bottles alri I made the same mistake but converted mine to run the irish gas bottles It can be done but you need parts from an irish gun.

Hi again, thanks for your answer. So i take it i can order the parts needed as i dont have a scrap gun to take parts from?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SC024

ye you can indeed but may be cheaper to buy a non working gun for parts

Which model gun did you buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

i.ve ordered parts from this crowd a few times without any problems http://www.powertoolsplus.co.uk/4088:framing-nailer/18454:IM350-?scale=75

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hondatrev

Hi, would anyone know of a supplier that can import the quick load fuel cells to Ireland? I have recently returned home from Australia with 4 x nail guns that don’t work with the gas cylinders used in Ireland / EU. I have 2 x near new im350 framers and 2 x Angle finishing guns.

Alternatively would anyone know of a service / repair shop that could do the modifications needed to the fuel housing on these guns to convert them over?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harrygame

hi how did you get on with pasload fuel outlet frm australia as i have same problem after coming frm usa , did you get them changed over and where. thanks

Advertisement