Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lottie Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Re 'that sky sports' presenter, her name is Rachel Wyse. And trust me, she has had PLENTY of døors opened due to who she knows. For example, she writes a very, very mediocre, cringy weekly piece in the Saturday Indo. Her face and name is plastered on the back/front page of the paper as if she is chief sportswriter and she is regularly mentioned in radio/tv ads for the paper also. Her boyfriend at time of appointment: Cian O' Connor, godson of Denis O' Brien, ceo of Independent newspapers. Imagine you were a seasoned writer like Damien Mcllroy, colm Keys or henry winter and her piece was highlighted over yours.

O'connor is tony o'reillys godson... Quite the faux pas there considering o'reilly and o'brien's continued conflict around IN&M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Still people in high places ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Sorry its O reilly who is cian o connors godfather. Im sure he still has a major influence in Independent News & Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Sorry its O reilly who is cian o connors godfather. Im sure he still has a major influence in Independent News & Media.

And also pippa o connor is a sister of Cian.

"Who"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

lottie-ryan.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You'd swear RTE was the only organisation where a nod and a wink goes on when it comes to recommendations. Not saying it's right, just that the practice is widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Aidric wrote: »
    You'd swear RTE was the only organisation where a nod and a wink goes on when it comes to recommendations. Not saying it's right, just that the practice is widespread.

I completely agree, a lot of the time when it comes to jobs it's all about who you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ah, that's grand so.
    Except the public are forced to fund that nod, wink, and sniff/snort.

mikom wrote: »
    Ah, that's grand so.
    Except the public are forced to fund that nod, wink, and sniff/snort.

Would that be the same public who also benefit from a nod wink culture? Hypocrisy is a great thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hypocrisy is a great thing.

Gerry could have told you a thing or two about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Would that be the same public who also benefit from a nod wink culture? Hypocrisy is a great thing.

No, presumably it's that part of the "nod wink culture" who don't benefit from it themselves, or who feel that it's a net downside to society.

Whataboutery is a great thing, but try at least and out some effort into it.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Still people in high places ;)

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It seems RTE and certain newspapers are all controlled by the same people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

No they just think the same, RTE see that she is a celebrity because she is Gerry Ryan's daughter. Women are interested in celebrity.

The newspapers see her as a celebrity so that gives them more content to sell. Women are interested in celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

joeperry wrote: »
    Women are interested in celebrity.

Is Lottie "coverage" really a huge hit with women in particular?

I'd rather ascribe it to idiocy without respect to gender, but I might be whistling in the dark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lottie was doing the breakfast show again today.

Every time she came back from a song she repeated the exact same thing. Welcome back, your listening to me lottie ryan....

Apart from that one time when she never knew the song had ended and there was 30 seconds dead air!

Its somewhat tedious doing that for every link during a 3 hour show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That and "Wait till you here my next fantastic song, it really is wonderful. Ok, now, I Lottie Ryan will play the exquisite Taylor Swift...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Lapin wrote: »
    Who ?

I think it is very obvious who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

Every time she came back from a song she repeated the exact same thing. Welcome back, your listening to me lottie ryan....

Apart from that one time when she never knew the song had ended and there was 30 seconds dead air!

You can't blame her, that was on the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

She is listed to do the Saturday breakfast show again next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Must give it a listen:)

It what you have outlined continues,the show can be considered "so bad, it's good".

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Must give it a listen:)

It what you have outlined continues,the show can be considered "so bad, it's good".
    I bet a million euro it's better than Baz and Lucy's show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

I notice on the RTE website that this Sunday Grace Waller is presenting the breakfast show on Sunday morning. Who's she?

Director General's niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hart wrote: »
    I notice on the RTE website that this Sunday Grace Waller is presenting the breakfast show on Sunday morning. Who's she?
    Hootanany wrote: »
    Director General's niece.

You have got to be joking... does she have any experience?

Or is the nepotism getting more shameless?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The link is a couple of years old, but Grace Waller has filled in for Cathal Murray for five weeks before http://www.rte.ie/presspack/2011/07/16/the-sunday-rise/. She's also a researcher on RTE, according to LinkedIn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Im currently going to put my past cynicism aside, grit my teeth and try see how long i can last listening to this one. Her first segment told me how she was going give all the 'celeb gossip' ''including why n gallagher is giving out about Rhianna . . Hes got to give out about something'' oh good 1 Lottie. Her 2nd segment, after 2 songs and 2 texts was her telling us how shes going to give all the 'celeb gossip' ''including why Noel Gallagher is giving out about Rhianna. Hes got to give. . . . '' Lottie stops mid sentence. Phew. Well done Lottie. You almost said the same thing twice. God , im on tenderhooks. This gossip must be great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement