Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

• 26-02-2008 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

A thread for all the celebrities you encountered, and whether they were NICE or NASTY, friendly, rude, chatty, or just plain obnoxious!

- Over the years I met a few. The following I found very genuine and open and down to earth, or willing to have a chat on an ordinary basis...

Des Cahill - Just as nice and relaxed as he appears on telly!
    George Hook - Again, just as relaxed and chatty as on Newstalk.
    Aisling O'Sullivan (The Clinic) - Very ordinary and down to earth, no airs or graces.
    Daniel Day Lewis - Saw him willingly and happily acknowledging fans in Grafton Street.
    Brendan Gleeson - Very much a family man.

- The following were just downright horrible!

Frank Kelly - The all time rudest celeb I ever encountered - I'd have loved to tell him to 'FECK OFF!'
    Donal Lunny - Unnecessarily rude, not a good impression at all.
    Adam Clayton - A friend of mine had a VERY aggressive encounter with him!

- The following weren't rude, just distant and unresponsive...

Gerry Ryan - Borderline rude, no getting through at all.
    Gay Byrne - Hadn't much to say, seemed to put up a kind of barrier.
    Dara O'Briain - Nothing to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

Hmm... that seems to be a thread more for celebrity 'spotting.' If I am totally honest, what I am really interested in is which are the NASTY celebs, the ones to avoid like the plague...! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Jonathon Rhys Myers was one of the rudest people I've ever encountered. I was on work experience in a clothes shop in Temple Bar (vintage/second-hand type things) and he came in. Now this was years ago, I think it was shortly after his Michael Collins appearance.

Anyway he was looking at a jumper that was marked for £20 and he wanted to pay £10. I was on my own in the shop and there was no way I was dropping the price without the manager giving the go-ahead. So this went back and forth for a while with me explaining that the price on the tag is the price of the jumper. He eventually paid the £20 but not before uttering those immortal words.... "Do you know who I am?" :rolleyes:

I politely told him I hadn't a clue (knew well) and that regardless of who he was he still had to pay the marked price. Complete tosser. He apparently did the same thing in the shop next door too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

My sister is regularly interviewed on the radio & says Pat Kenny is the biggest g''bsh''te she was sitting in front of him for 5 minutes and he didnt even acknowledge her just kept reading the paper. George Hook is meant to be sound as. Eddie Hobbs has also let the 'fame' get to his head..
    Glenda Gilson used to drink in a pub I used to work in & what an idiot she is!! used to come in drinking cosmo's in the afternoon with her friends who were all ten times prettier than her..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

This seems to be just a slightly more detailed thread than the Celeb Spotting one; I'll leave it open for the moment to see what way it goes but may just merge it with the other one later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I didn't meet him but Yngwie Malmsteen went crazy at an air hostess and threathened to "unleash the ****ing fury" or something! I'll find a link now!

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8100
    YNGWIE MALMSTEEN threatened to kill a fellow passenger on a flight to Tokyo, Japan after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist.

The passenger, who had no prior contact with Yngwie, allegedly overheard Malmsteen making derogatory comments about homosexuals and decided to show her disapproval by emptying the contents of her glass on the hefty axeman.

A member of Yngwie's touring entourage, who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was "assaulted" by the offended passenger.

To download an MP3 file containing Yngwie's response to the "water attack", including his now-legendary phrase "You've unleashed the ****ing fury," click here (file size: 1.7 MB).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

C-J wrote: »
    . Eddie Hobbs.

Who :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

haha i know its not exactly celebrity but hes well known by the students of Ireland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

C-J wrote: »
    haha i know its not exactly celebrity but hes well known by the students of Ireland! :D

:D I have heard him but don't know what he looks like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

My parents met Eddie hobbs a few months back - they were sharing the elevator going up to some bedrooms in a hotel, the parental units acknowledged him, they said Mr hobbs was very stand offish though and couldn't be bothered with them.

I'm surprised to hear about Frank Kelly being rude though - I met him once - in an offy buying Whiskey no less! - but hey was lovely stood to chat for a good 10 minutes, lovely guy!

Tommy tiernans dead on too - he let me sit beside him in an airport once at the canteen when it was jam packed - nice and chatty!

You might be surprised to hear this but Kerry Katona was a lovely girl a few years ago - back when she was filming something for RTE Showreels/showbands or something.. she was very down to earth and chatty with the locals, she was going out with Bryan back then and he seemed like a bit of a dick - always bailing on her last minute, cancelling etc... she seems to have turned into a monster of late however!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

We already have a "Soundest celeb" threat, but now I reckon it's time for a "Biggest d!ckhead" thread!

Dish the dirt people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Twink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lads, you can probably guess what I'm going to say. It's ok to name a celebrity who was rude to you but once people start posting stories which we have absolutely no way of verifying and which could be libellous - well, that's the kind of thing that gets boards into trouble.

I'll leave this open for the moment, on the condition that people only post names or else stories that are already in the public domain. It may not make for the most exciting thread but hopefully you understand why. If anyone goes against this and starts causing hassle then it'll be locked immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Joe O'Shea if he counts as a celeb. As per Stargal, no story people.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Niall Tobin (Irish Comedian)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Twink :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Twink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Heh there seems to be a pattern developing here.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

A Gobs!t3 before i meet him, a bigger one after = "Billy Connolly"

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Lead singer with Right Said Fred... deluded!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

glenda gilson, thought too much of herself in my opinon. Model....i think not!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Twink,very very rude..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Geri Halliwell is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

John Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rio Ferdinand at a football tournament in Manchester, Complete prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

ROG

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ronan O Gara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tattoo Stan

Mick Lally kicked me in the goolies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Liam Ó Maonlaí lead singer from Hot House Flowers (remember them lol)
    Muppet just walked up to a mate and myself in a pub and asked us if we wanted his autograph :eek: His responce to our "who the hell are you" was rude to say the least :p

Never met her myself but so many people I know claim Twink to be a right cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

sparky360 wrote: »
    John Cena.

great another anti John Cena.

Advertisement