Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA on TV and Online!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anderson9731

NBA Basketball championship games can offer the many different types of bets to lie down. This is why you will be able to find several kinds of basketball proposition bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wavey1990

Sorry now, new to Boards

Just wondering how you find out which games ESPN or ESPN America are showing for the week. I know they showed the Heat/Celtics on Saturday but haven't seen any since then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

wavey1990 wrote: »
    Sorry now, new to Boards

Just wondering how you find out which games ESPN or ESPN America are showing for the week. I know they showed the Heat/Celtics on Saturday but haven't seen any since then?

This link usually has an updated schedule.

ESPN Sun. 5/08/2011 1:00 AM Miami @ Boston
    ESPN Thu. 5/12/2011 2:30 AM Memphis @ Oklahoma City
    ESPN Thu. 5/12/2011 12:00 AM Boston @ Miami
    ESPN Fri. 5/13/2011 1:00 AM Chicago @ Atlanta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

wavey1990 wrote: »
    Sorry now, new to Boards

They often don't update their listings regarding NBA games until the last minute. Even checking the ESPN site there's nothing listed yet.Have tended to show games in early rounds of the playoffs around the weekend/Thurs to Sunday.
    I presume as it gets to the conference finals/NBA finals they'll be showing most if not all games.
    Doesn't look like the game tonight will be on; therea are some good links to websites up here you might be able to get a link on.
    VipStand.net and Atdhe.ws are a couple that have worked for me recently.

Edit: just saw Sea Devils post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wavey1990

Cheers for both replies. Much appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Fair play to ESPN looks like they're picking up up all the conference finals games

great to watch a game without worrying if it's going to get cut off! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do the NBA or any teams offer a service where you can pay to get all of one clubs games for the season? Say for example I wanted to watch all Bulls games, is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone who has ESPN, they're showing a lot of 'Classic' games lately, just about to start is Jazz-Rockets in WC finals from 97... Knicks-Heat from same year just over... great viewing... I actually know more about this era than the current one so very enjoyable for me - showing my age now, I know! :P

Thanks for that!. I'll watch it tomorrow. Olajuwon is one of my favourite non Warrior's players of all time so this'll make a nice change watching a full game of his rather then Youtube clips. :D

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Anyone who has ESPN, they're showing a lot of 'Classic' games lately, just about to start is Jazz-Rockets in WC finals from 97... Knicks-Heat from same year just over... great viewing... I actually know more about this era than the current one so very enjoyable for me - showing my age now, I know! :P

Game Six from 98 Finals is being shown at 8.0 tonight lads... Game One actually being show now...

• Advertisement

Just a minor thing but I think it's strange that ESPN showed the original NBC telecast for game one and then reverted to what I assume was the world feed that was shown then?

It wouldn't bother me at all normally but these commentators are pretty dreadful :o

Two games from the 2000 NBA Finals on tonight, Games 4 and 6. Both are being shown at 6PM and 8. Can't wait. :)

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Two games from the 2000 NBA Finals on tonight, Games 4 and 6. Both are being shown at 6PM and 8. Can't wait. :)

Thanks for that - will Sky-plus em... I'm more excited about these Classic replays than I was about this year's Finals! :D

Just an FYI but ESPN is now free to Sky Sports subscribers.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/standalone-channels/espn/

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

3 pivotal games tonight and once again ESPN completely ignore them. Totally pissed off with their coverage of the playoffs so far.

Any other channel showing the games or will I have to make do with a dodgy stream for Celtics - Hawks?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

The level of ESPNS coverage of the playoffs is really annoying me, I have been a baseball and NFL fan for years and this year decided to get a bit more involved in some NBA, managed to catch one Celtics game all season and would like to be watching some of the playoff games now too but yet hardly any coverage, how are international fans supposed to get into this sport?

NFL is covered heavily on Sky, MLB is covered on ESPN America plus the season MLB TV Premium is priced very reasonably (for every game of the season in HD) but basketball doesn't seem to get the coverage, anyone know why or where someone can actually get to watch the games??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone having problems recording games on upc.

Last night it recorded the game but not the program after, even though I had set it to record both, missed most of the 4th quarter.

Night before it recorded both the game and the following show, but bizarrely there e
    seemed to be a huge gap in between.

The game recording went up until half time. The show after started with the middle of the 4th quarter, I don't know what happened in between.

So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Anyone know where to watch Lithuania v Argentina tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Programme guide says Live 4 at 22:15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭decies

Condensed game for NBA tv not working for last nights games ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

There's a good college game on now on espn america with the number 5 and number 3 teams in the country taking each other on. Duke v Miami. Miami leading by 2 at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pepperfoot

Wow ive been looking for this cind of service for a long time . thanks for this thread guys. ! trying it out asap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

This the Season Pass worth the money? Will it show uninterupted coverage, any black outs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LosBlanco

Season pass, although expensive, is worth the money. However, with Sky and ESPN both showing games and the NBA highlights on NBA.com almost straight away, I would not recommend it. You would need to willing to stay up until the early hours each night to get value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭decies

One thing that is handy is the ten mins condensed games feature , I have it and I don't do the stupid o clock games .

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

No Celtics-Knicks on tv tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Does anyone know if ESPN will still have a good coverage of NBA this coming season or is it migrating to Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Anyone any insight about getting NBA on TV this season? Will sky pick it up in January like last season I wonder?

Edit: Ah, I see that BT Sport are showing it, don't know how I missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone on here manage to get the NBA gametime app on their PS3 or PS4? I think it's available on these consoles would be handy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 emmetkellyx

BT Sport has been great so far this season for live games! :)

Advertisement