Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White pants anyone?

• 26-03-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Fellows, a worrying trend seems to have trundled in into Ireland unbeknowns to most.

Whilst on my travels I noticed that many European men have taken to the wearing of the white pants, I'm talking white trousers, combats, jeans.. the whole frickin hog!

Now I was prepared to put up with it while abroad, as after all, I was the foreigner there. But now I've started seeing a few shops here carrying these, and I tellst thee I am quite worried!!

First teh pink shirts, and now?!? Now?!

Sigh, what are we coming to.

*please note that this post took 15 minutes to write, I had to stop midway for a dump. I feel it added extra emotion to the whole episode :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

What's wrong with white pants :\

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Aard wrote:
    What's wrong with white pants :\

What's right with white pants?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Whte pants are too eighties for words.......... memories of Spain c.1985....

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

white pants?! my god, and you call yourself a man. What happens if you spill your beer on white pants? you should know better.

White pants let the world know your owner dressed you that morning. Maybe shes trying to condition you for that ward you will end up in for wearing them. They start you off with something small then BAM!

BAM BAM BAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

... surely to god won't take off, think of the stains!

can see only slovak-engendered-eastern-block-honda/suzuki-leather-jacket-wearing lads to be wearing these...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's nothing wrong with white pants so long as you don't put them in the same wash as your pink shirts. Oops - Wrong forum. * legs it *

Seriously though... We are a Guinness-drinking nation. Ergo white pants are a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

I remember once, in my innocent youth, I had a pair of white jeans. The first night I wore them, I got sick all over myself and there was even blood in it!! That taught me all I ever need to know about white pants.
    A harsh lesson well learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

nads wrote:
    ... surely to god won't take off, think of the stains!

Brother nads, stains are your wimmin's worry.....not yours........however I do not condone the wearing of white pants!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Oh brothers... I feel I must immediately step in here and quit this nonsense talk... white pants are an absolute non-BGRH wardrobe item for the simple reason...

they are Non Flatulent Friendly

Now brothers, you don't want to be going round in NFF pants and all of a sudden let a spluttery lager one rip... think of the horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, a charter updated is needed.

Add this to the list of items that do not exist in our world. Brother Robbo?

What is wrong with you poeple?

Though I must confess to owning a pair in my mid-teens. Dillingers, I believe were the brand. Just as feminists burned their bras, so we must burn the white trousers.

Do it, brothers, you know it is the right thing to do. And for the record, white trousers are FORBIDDEN in the bar. Don't have me set Viktor on you.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Sports Moderators Posts: 21,676 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭smashey

Perish the thought of these white trousers. Yes trousers. That's what we call them. I have seen them in foreign places and found one aspect quite amusing. A guy wearing these on a hot day and the perspiration gathers between his cheeks with the result of a little visible brownish stain on the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Proof that white pants don't work... sorry for the truly abominable image but I feel this had to be posted as a warning for our fellow brothers...

main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

What about off white chaki even?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

sioda wrote:
    What about off white chaki even?

Nope. It's either Khaki, or it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

White pants? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭runswithascript

White pants and pink shirts? That's how it starts, next you'll be bringing your room mate home to your parents place for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

There's nothing wrong with white pants per se. I once had a magnificant pair of white pants with flared legs about 30 inches wide, I looked the S H 1 T in them (unfortunately an incident occured with surf washing powder and a blue T-shirt). The problem with wearing white pants (or any garment for that matter) arises when the noncy boys start wearing them. When you find yourself wearing the same gear as the C&E society in UCD or the rogger school boys you know its time for an emergency wardrope evaluation - doesn't matter if its blue jeans and a T-shirt, you can't be seen wearing ANYTHING that might associate you with this crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

what about skinny ripped white pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

White pants? I'm still trying to get me head around testicle-bearers willingly wearing nearly-trousers and not-enough socks...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

I used to love my baggy white xworx and eclipse jeans back in the 90's! Bring back white pants I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I had white trousers before, quite liked the look of them, they are also quite versatile as pretty much any other colour clothing will work with them but was running for the bus one day and spilled a bit of coffee on them, the stain never came out in the wash, lesson learned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Just for the record pants are worn INSIDE the trousers ...unless you're superman of course.

But as stated by a number of posters, white trousers are hopelessly inadequate when it comes to disguising or concealing your normal run-of-the-mill man stains such as Guinness, blood, or the dreaded 'follow through' (jelly fart).
    You still can't beat a pair of black Terylene trousers, and if you want to make a special effort then a pair of navy blue Farah slacks should do the trick.
    That's my tuppence worth anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I wouldn't even wear white under crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

Just for the record pants are worn INSIDE the trousers ...unless you're superman of course.

But as stated by a number of posters, white trousers are hopelessly inadequate when it comes to disguising or concealing your normal run-of-the-mill man stains such as Guinness, blood, or the dreaded 'follow through' (jelly fart).
    You still can't beat a pair of black Terylene trousers, and if you want to make a special effort then a pair of navy blue Farah slacks should do the trick.
    That's my tuppence worth anyway.

I'd have thought blood stains on pants would have been more of a women's stain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

trik wrote: »
    I'd have thought blood stains on pants would have been more of a women's stain...

Not necessarily. What about when you lacerate your finger(s), after returning home pissed-drunk, trying to open that large tin of Steak & Kidney Pie (Fray Bentos) with the brand-new opener in order to enjoy a tasty late-night snack before binge-watching - again! - 'Breaking Bad' on Netflix....
    ....can of beer in (badly cut) hand of course...and white trousers totally destroyed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This is why white pants are bad.

farts-you-just-cant-trust-them.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

A hard on very noticeable in white pants also.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Believe me lads, no girl is looking at a man in white pants and going “Ooooh yesss, I’ll have me a bit of that!”

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

White pants are for the ladies who can pull them off - the book shtops there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GrayFox7

That's why I don't have any white clothes in my wardrobe.

Advertisement