Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Falling apart gives you a reason to build something new.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

KSU wrote: »
    In other news after almost 20 years I will no longer be a TAC runner. Transfer forms have been put in and a decision that had been on my mind for a long long time. Hopefully its a move which will spark me getting back to where I want/need to be

The Tevez-style posters are being prepared as we speak...

One of the things about Bros Pearse that I've always been impressed with is that they seems to almost always have (big) teams out for xc. Makes a big difference for your individual races - as much as your team race - to have company in the trenches! (And, while it's not the most important thing, it is nice to be thinking about the possibility of team medals when you have a squad...). Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Sacksian wrote: »

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/22/ali-dia-story-20-years-on-southampton-souness

More this lad, sorry L!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

OOnegative wrote: »

I actually remember watching the highlights of that on a midweek MOTD!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

OOnegative wrote: »

Has my fitness dropped so much that I am now the Ali Dia of the running world? :P

Sacksian wrote: »

One of the things about Bros Pearse that I've always been impressed with is that they seems to almost always have (big) teams out for xc. Makes a big difference for your individual races - as much as your team race - to have company in the trenches! (And, while it's not the most important thing, it is nice to be thinking about the possibility of team medals when you have a squad...). Enjoy it!

Team was definitely one aspect not just in terms of position but also to be accountable to someone other than myself as I think this is something definitely needed the way my running has been going. Have been enjoyng the tempo's so far hoping to extend days I can train with the club beyond one day a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

In other news after almost 20 years I will no longer be a TAC runner. Transfer forms have been put in and a decision that had been on my mind for a long long time. Hopefully its a move which will spark me getting back to where I want/need to be

DEAD TO ME!

522981.jpg

DEAD TO ME!

522981.jpg

Been nervously watching the DPD vans drive by every morning since :o

Mon - OFF
    Tues - 5 miles easy
    Wed - Fartlek - 16x1 min on/off (Target pace 5.50-6.00) + Weights (LB)
    Thurs - 10 miles easy + Weights (UB)
    Fri - AM - 4.2 miles easy PM 2.1 miles easy
    Sat - Grass Threshold - 5 mile (6.20 min/m) PM 4.5 miles easy + Weights (LB)
    Sun - 3.1 miles easy

Total Mileage : 46.8 miles

The little lad has been going through a bit of a sleep regression and has thrown me a bit. As such overall week was a bit hit and miss but still some consistent work done.

Tuesday was another run with Quirky from formally around these parts. Have met up with him a few times recently due to being in his neck of the woods but this happened to be an impromptu meet up as it was last min change to plans that saw me in the area

Wednesday Session and more of the same as last week bit of race pace fartlek with full recovery just to get a bit of rhythm running done. At this stage with the aim to try be fit come Decmeber trying to have a sustained more classical periodontist so just getting feel for race efforts on grass without sessions being too taxing.

Bit of a longer one then with the legs a little beat up kept it nice and handy along the canal.

Friday and not sure if it was fueling, heat and humidity or poor sleep with little lad (a few nights on couch with himself as he refused to go back up) but I bonked after 2 miles and walked home.

Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting LambayIsland in person for a quick catch up before club session. As has become my place in the last few weeks I slotted in with the second group with RayCun and one of the girls I know (that Wottle from around this neck of the woods coaches). Paces slightly improved while effort also getting a bit more controlled so moving in the right direction.

Sunday long run after work body was feeling it after session + weights as after long time waiting to get one olympic barbell arrived so reintroduced barbell exercises which I haven't done since pre lockdown. I am not sure it it was this fatigue or whether it was not eating enough but I bonked severely after 5k and walked home.

I am hoping these bonks are just a symptom of me probably overdoing the hard days and the body compensating and will improve as fitness builds but we continue to move in the right direction I have been consistent in the quality work if not the mileage so I am hoping this will stand to me as I keep ploughing away.

The one thing I can say is even though the mileage has yoyo'ed I have managed alot of good aerobic work recently with 6 weeks of consistent weekly tempo's (improving from 6.55 average on path down to 6.20 on grass)

Just have to be patient and keep tipping along and hopefully will start to click.

Mon 4.5 miles easy
    Tues Fartlek - 6x3 min on/off target pace 6.00
    Wed AM 6.8 easy + strides PM 5 easy + Weights (Lower)
    Thurs 1 mile w/u, 8 alternating (6.45/7.15) 1 c/d
    Fri 9.1 miles incl strides + Weights (Upper)
    Sat Club Tempo -6.28 pace
    Sun OFF

Total Weekly Mileage 53.3

Another week down. Still a long way from perfect but just trying to tip away and improve a little bit week by week and string things together even if its only decent rather than perfect. Long run was missed as the little lads sleep still unpredictable so still trying to find a way to make it work

That being said still 3 sessions and 2 weights and 6 days running with no bonking so not all bad.

Tuesday and was hmming and hawing about going on the paths for the session but in the end decided to stick to the grass and dug out the spikes just in case, surprisingly despite all the rain the field held up pretty well so stayed in the flats (the spikes were on the way out anyway so was trying to avoid). Session itself went well recoveries are generous so much like I have been doing it was more about getting a feel for race efforts without it being overly taxing. Still taking the approach where everything is very aerobic at the moment and just developing that for now without trying to get too specific given I am aiming to be in best shape in December I don't wanna be smashing it in August.

Thursday was the return of the 3rd session of the week and something more moderate. Was windy as hell so back to a loop I use with a bit of shelter. It's a compromise as to shelter from the worst of the wind is a bit of a climb so either way has you working having said that the body reacted well to it, nothing to taxing but enough just to keep the legs tipping over.

Another club tempo Saturday. Paces a little on the slower side with the softer surfaces and a bit of a wind but a solid session none the less, for a change I was actually working with RayCun rather than just chasing him but was definitely a day where everyone seemed to be feeling the effects of the conditions.

As said training isn't perfect at the moment but it is relatively consistent, its been 6 weeks of 2 sessions a week and even though the mileage has fluctuated a bit I have not missed 2 days in a row during that time so it is going in the right direction and while still working out how best to approach the week in terms of home life the new club sessions have definitely helped give me focus, accountability and structure as well as being nice to be able to work with people and look forward to the training rather than the motivation to get out on my own.

Mon AM 7.1 miles incl 6x20 sec strides PM Myrtle exercises
    Tues Fartlek (5x2 on/1 off, 8x1 on/1off) - Target paces (6.15/5.50)
    Wed AM 7 easy PMWeights
    Thurs 15.7 miles w/ 10 alternating (6.45/7.15)
    Fri AM 4.1 miles easy PM 7 miles inc 6x20 sec strides
    Sat AM 5 mile tempo - 6.31 pace PM Weights
    Sun 6 miles easy

Total Weekly Mileage: 63.3

Tough enough week in terms of sessions. Weather didn't play ball at all. Tuesday mornings fartlek wasn't too bad as ground held up well. Wind was a bit of a nightmare but managed to keep the session nice and controlled. A bit of a difference as I wasn't taking full recoveries but the effort of the 2 min were closer to LT so all in all controlled session.

Thursday was miserable conditions however picked out a great loop around Grange Castle for a sold marathon style workout,. one I will definitely be using again though I can't imagine having the roads practically to myself post covid.

Saturdays session and week was catching up on me a bit feeling fairly beat up was not expecting much especially with heavy rainfall on a grass loop I knew tempo would be tough. Second excuse of the week to break out new spikes. Overall session went well. A decent group the first two laps and after that had one of the lads to work off till the bitter end The wet ground definitely sapped the legs a bit but effort was controlled and pace was in around where it was when started these runs which given the conditions was a notable step up.

Sunday and I was dying as day went on feeling awful but there are lillies in the house which hasme gone to sh!t, Anti Histamine taken and seems to have made a bit of a difference so thankfully seem to be on top of it before rather than after the fact as I had been on previous occasions

Nothing too glamorous of eye catching with training at the moment but good honest grind and happy enough to be tipping along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Duanington

Enjoyed reading this over a cup of tea this morning, fair play L.

Question for you on the fartleks, what's your take on the recovery piece?

Honest, keeping some sort of normal pace up? Or shuffle around and catch your breath while dreading the next rep?

• Advertisement

For me it depends on what your goal is from a fartlek session.

Generally only really use them aerobic strength work so they tend to be to keep the pace honest as the rep intensity is normally more controlled and keeping the HR up lends itself more to the sessions.

Some caveats would be if the focus is more on form and biomechanics (1 mile paced stuff or faster) generally I think there is little benefit to keeping recoveries honest as they body is already fatigued which will compromise form and negate overall aim of reps.

The other would be if the recoveries are quite short with intensity is still relatively high. I did 3 min CV reps off a min this morning as an example and HR would have been up around race effort by the end which is not what I wanted from the session.

Mon AM 7 miles easy incl 6x20 sec strides PM Myrtle
    Tues AM 5x3 min (1), 3 min, 4x30 (1) PM Weights
    Wed AM 5.1 easy PM 5.1 easy
    Thurs 3 up, 10 Alt (6.45/7.15), 2 down

Probably should update this a bit more often. September brings CV :D workouts progressing from the lighter aerobic fartleks I had been doing. My training at the moment is very much of the American Collegiate style of training for XC, Nothing too flashy just alot of good aerobic strength work and keeping in touch with a bit of light speed.

CV session was one a number here will know quite well. Target pace was 6 min as I have been the last while as its around 5 mile cross country race pace which coincides well with the notion of CV being 30 min pace. Hoping the either a) this pace improves over the course of the winter or b) pace holds as conditions make grass alot more difficult. Paces themselves were quite controlled though short recovery left this one with a bit of a pinch but with only 15 min of work it was manageable without overcooking it.

Wednesday and the legs were trash by the second run, mostly from the strength and conditioning. Managed to avoid the sunshine having both runs in the pissing rain.

Thursday long run. Again decided to keep the middle moderate again. Sessions are good workout as well as just keeping me mentally focused. Stayed local as the negative thoughts were there (Garmin battery failed to charge, conditions were blustery, I was tired etc. etc) In the end all this did was making it more difficult on myself as every second mile was on rolling hills. Legs were well ground down by the end of the session but the paces matched the effort so definitely take that

Couple of easy runs and a club tempo still left to round of the week but good momentum at the moment and happy to grind away

Fri AM 3.7 easy PM 6.1 easy
    Sat 5 mile progressive tempo - 6.30, 6.22, 6.18, 6.16, 6.11
    Sun 5 miles easy

Total Mileage 62.7 miles

Nothing overly exciting to finish the week out. Handy shakeout Friday morning with one of the lads as I was killing time dropping OH to a hospital appointment. One for the soul rather than the body though did the legs world of good for later easy run which I was hmming and hawing as it meant short turnaround to club tempo.

Saturday and more of the same. few missing for this one and some of the juniors really got after it in the early stages so started out at my usual pace but made the decision to slowly progress it based on feel. Got into a good rhythm as the laps tipped by. Was good to see those paces without really straining. The sessions have been tipping along over the last few weeks but think definitely feel like I have turned a bit of a corner the last 10 days or so. Still not smashing it out of the park but I am 3 months out from target race and making sure that training is designed with a long term view in place

Mon 8 miles incl 20 sec strides
    Tues OFF
    Wed AM 5x3 min (60) 3 min, 4x30 (60) 1 mile LT

Tuesday bugged the OCD side of me after 15 consecutive days but spent half the day in IKEA with the other half assembling so I took the L here. To be honest kinda left me with a bit of a down week in terms of intensity as Session moved back a day meaning that Long Run will be kept easy, still should hit around same miles but one less quality day.

Wednesday morning was same session as last week but a mile threshold at the end for good measure. The idea being 1) Muscle fibre adaptation post recruitment with the 30 second efforts, 2) A mile on tired legs on a cross country loop good for the aul race specificity. Was good to see all CV reps come in below the 6 min pace for CV reps without straining. In an ideal world these will be around 5.35-5.40 by December and race able to hold it for 5 miles in a race.

Wed PM 4.1 miles easy
    Thurs 15 miles easy
    Fri 7.1 easy incl 6x20 sec strides
    Sat 4 mile Grass Threshold (approx 6.05 pace)
    Sun 5 miles easy

Total Weekly Mileage 58.5

Easy long run this week with session being moved to Wednesday due to day off Tuesday. Between the change in format and no S and C work this week ended up being a step back week of sorts, no harm as still managed 2 quality sessions and a long run but feel better overall.

Long run on fatigued legs however a bit of a grind, didn't feel great throughout but in general always find solo 2hr easy runs a bit more mentally draining

Saturday and was a bit all over the place leaving the house that only realised half way to Marley I forgot the watch which was uncharacteristic of me decided to embrace it though and run by feel to an extent. The plan was to be a bit more aggressive and reduced the volume to have it closer to a true threshold pace (20-24min hard). Two lads were down at the session who I know are usually hovering around the 6 min mark so made the decision to get after them. 1st lap and knew it was a little harder than I would have liked so i backed off slightly but held the gap between them and myself relatively well. One of the lads was only doing 5k so once he stopped I made a note of the time gap, about 15 seconds though he averaged 5.58 pace, ran through the line of the loop at 4 mile just to be sure so approximately a conservative 6.05 pace for 4 miles. tough effort but didn't go to the well so happy the effort felt right.

Half of me was considering making the miles up over the weekend with the lost day this week but truth be told work had stress levels to 90 and figured best to just embrace the down week and feel better for it rather than try to squeeze it in.

Midweek sessions change up slightly this week as I am trying to stream line my sessions to fit in with the club stuff will still be tailoring overall training but want to try and mare it with club approach as best possible for the winter.

Mon 9.1 easy including 6x20 sec strides
    Tues 4x1 mile (2 min), 4x30 sec hills(60), 3x60 sec(60)
    Wed AM 5.1 easy

Body in good nick going into this week and feel like I am gonna need it. very handy run monday.

Tuesday had a bit of a curve ball as I did not have an opportunity to run before work (30 min appointment turned into a +2 hr one :mad:) Meant I was back on the roads and off the grass for first session in +6 weeks. This was also the first club style midweek session. They were down for 4x1 mile so I wanted to work that into my plan while keeping the CV work I have been doing the last while so I figured 4x1 mile and tack on 4x30 sec hills and 3x1 min to give it a very "Tinman" feel to the session.

Pace I know would be a little quicker with being on the roads however was also conscious that this was on the upper end of the CV time per rep as well as being decent jump in total work time (previously 18 min up to 24) so settled on keeping first one under 6 and work into it. Settled in a grand mind you and was going well. Reps themselves not killer but definitely working and a good pinch by the end.

Short shuffle over to hill and then got after the hill reps, was working quite hard on this and the recoveries flew by in the blink of an eye. A jog back around to a bit of flatish ground and the 1 min where I was just focusing on smooth and relaxed.

Definitely a tough session and hands on knees by the end but a good one and good form held throughout. Good to see 5.50s on the watch as well been a long long long time since I have seen splits like that.

Wed PM 4 miles easy
    Thurs 2 up, 9 Alt, 1 down
    Fri 9.1 miles incl strides
    Sat OFF
    Sun OFF

Total Weekly Mileage : 49

Mon 6.4 miles easy
    Tues 8x600 (60) 3 min, 4x30 (60) 1 mile threshold
    Wed 7 miles easy
    Thurs 2 up, 10 moderate, 2 down

Not the greatest training at the moment. Last Thursday's long run heat got the better of me the plan was 15 total but after 9 of the 10 alternating miles I pulled the plug as I was fried with the heat and was working to hard. In truth probably could have finished the last mile but as it was an off one I think I shut down mentally as much as physically.

Didnt get to club session this week as was out early in the morning so aimed to do a late session however was floored by the end of the day. Sunday showed tiredness was more to do with something in the system so took an extra day just to play safe.

Bug still lingering in the system (thankfully non covid related) this week so decided to not force mileage early on in the week and opt out of doubles. Session paces were dialled back as well though effort level still high.

Long run today and nixxed the alternation session and just stuck to a more conservative moderate run. Trying to balance between keeping the momentum I have and not being stupid and training through illness. Walking a fine line at the moment but doing my best to try and play it smart.

Friday 8 miles including strides
    Saturday 5 mile tempo on grass (6.09 pace)
    Sunday OFF

Total Weekly Mileage: 53 miles

A few of the quicker lads back down for the tempo so went out with them though just a shade too quick for where I am right now so made the decision to let them pull away after the second lap as they started to ratchet the pace down to sub 6's, give it time. Finished relatively controlled although HR a little elevated (given the way I was all week though not surprising.

All in all a good session and also showed me major progress. The first tempo I did with the club back in August was the last time I trained with one of the lads, that day I was running 20 sec per mile slower at same effort so it shows that I am making inroads getting back to my best.

Sunday and didn't get out after work with the little lad out of sorts due to a dose and blocked nose waking him up. Would have liked to get a bit more mileage in for the week but given I was fighting something off for most of it +50 mpw, 6 days running and 3 sessions (incl long run) is not a complete disaster.

Monday 5miles easy
    Tuesday AM 2 mile tempo (2), 1 mile 10k effort (2) 8x400m 10k effort (45)

Much like the last few weeks been trying to streamline my training to tie in with club training as best possible while still focusing on how I wanna progress training. This week was 400s so I figured I would turn it into a solid 10k workout with a bit of volume. Seemed to be a winner with a few of the lads in the group who also were unable to make the main session so managed to get a solid group of 5 runners for this one all sub 17 shape comfortably so I was left chasing, stayed disciplined on the tempo (6.06/6.10) and felt good at the end. pushed the 1 mile so I was delighted to see 5.44, the fastest training mile I have seen in a verrrrrrry long time and best part was it was hard but not all out.

The 400s for this one and these were to be controlled same sort of pace as the 1 mile effort just to get a bit of volume in at that pace without going to the well. Managed to stay disciplined as well and not push the boat out just because they were shorter reps; 83, 83, 85, 84, 81, 85, 81, 78

All in all probably hardest session I have done in quite a long time

Great to have the lads there even if it was just to chase. Starting to get to the stage where I might see the old me back by the time we manage to actually race again.

Seems like reviving training logs is the done thing these days

Where I have been. Following the last update ended up with a bad dose (non covid) which put me out for about a week. Non covid related but as a precaution stayed clear of club. This rolled into lockdowns.

From here for the remainder of the year between busiest period I think ever in terms of work since I started in the job (+10 years) and the impending arrival consistent training went out the window. Watch was put away and I just got out and ran by feel when I could.

Since December have been dealing with the new arrival in the house so sleep has been minimal due to dealing with the night feeds. Back in work now and the eldest still off creche meaning just managing as best we can. With the new baby haven't taking any chances with meeting people which has had draw backs as support system of family not there but sure making the best of it.

Taking a different approach to training for the next while commiting to a short window in the evenings to get out and just do a little to build habit and routine. Won't be any great training for the forseeable but i want to just be consistent and approach it with a minimal effect dose style approach

With that in mind I have set up to have 45 min run dailying including light sessions and one slightly longer run a week.

The aim will be to keep this consistent and incrementally add 5 min every three weeks (as long as it takes to establish a habit. Hopefully I can build this to the point where a) the night feeds settle and routine beds in at home and b) there might actually be a chance of some races

1st consistent week down

Tues - 45 min easy
    Wed - 5x30 sec hills (90 rec)
    Thurs - 45 min easy
    Fri - 45 min easy
    Saturday - 20 min fartlek (2 on 3 off)
    Sunday - 70 min progression
    Mon - 6x30 sec hills (90 sec)

In terms of paces etc everything is very much by feel. No paces on the watch while running, hills are very much arbitrary point to point estimates. Only one I watched pace for was the progression just as a reference point though ran it by feel.

Probably won't be the most exciting log for some time but sure at the moment I will take consistent training over exciting or promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Seems like reviving training logs is the done thing these days

Where I have been. Following the last update ended up with a bad dose (non covid) which put me out for about a week. Non covid related but as a precaution stayed clear of club. This rolled into lockdowns.

From here for the remainder of the year between busiest period I think ever in terms of work since I started in the job (+10 years) and the impending arrival consistent training went out the window. Watch was put away and I just got out and ran by feel when I could.

Since December have been dealing with the new arrival in the house so sleep has been minimal due to dealing with the night feeds. Back in work now and the eldest still off creche meaning just managing as best we can. With the new baby haven't taking any chances with meeting people which has had draw backs as support system of family not there but sure making the best of it.

Taking a different approach to training for the next while commiting to a short window in the evenings to get out and just do a little to build habit and routine. Won't be any great training for the forseeable but i want to just be consistent and approach it with a minimal effect dose style approach

With that in mind I have set up to have 45 min run dailying including light sessions and one slightly longer run a week.

The aim will be to keep this consistent and incrementally add 5 min every three weeks (as long as it takes to establish a habit. Hopefully I can build this to the point where a) the night feeds settle and routine beds in at home and b) there might actually be a chance of some races

1st consistent week down

Tues - 45 min easy
    Wed - 5x30 sec hills (90 rec)
    Thurs - 45 min easy
    Fri - 45 min easy
    Saturday - 20 min fartlek (2 on 3 off)
    Sunday - 70 min progression
    Mon - 6x30 sec hills (90 sec)

In terms of paces etc everything is very much by feel. No paces on the watch while running, hills are very much arbitrary point to point estimates. Only one I watched pace for was the progression just as a reference point though ran it by feel.

Probably won't be the most exciting log for some time but sure at the moment I will take consistent training over exciting or promising

There's nothing I can offer you training wise, that you don't already know ten times over... but as one of the many elders with the Voice of Experience its really good to see those highlighted words above. Bringing up a couple of nippers who quickly learn that running/exercise/fitness is a normal part of the day... that's one of the best things anyone can do.

There's nothing I can offer you training wise, that you don't already know ten times over... but as one of the many elders with the Voice of Experience its really good to see those highlighted words above. Bringing up a couple of nippers who quickly learn that running/exercise/fitness is a normal part of the day... that's one of the best things anyone can do.

Agreed. With the eldest at home from creche its been something I have been concious of trying to show, exercise, cooking decent food and generally looking after yourself should be a habit

• Advertisement

Well I am consistently..... full of crap :pac:

Tues - 45 min easy
    Wed - 20 min fartlek (2 on 3 off)
    Thurs - 43 min easy
    Fri - OFF
    Saturday - OFF
    Sunday - OFF
    Mon - 45 min easy incl 5x15 sec strides

Going well during the week till it all came crumbling down as the new lad hit a sleep regression and his witching hour coincided with my last hour in work meaning herself was at wits end by the time I finished so rather than risk my own public safety and say I am off out as soon as I finished work I had to concede

This coupled with the night feeds rolling into the eldest waking up at an ungodly hour (for him) presumably being woken by a crying baby meant I went through a cycle of work/feeds over the weekend with an intermittent "power hour"

Back to work while in lockdown and a newborn definitely having a few teething issues but where in the past I would have beat myself up with an all or nothing approach I am just accepting it, dusting off and going again. Got 10 day stretch now just work on improving on that and keep going till finally starts clicking

Tues - Fartlek
    Wed - 40 min easy
    Thurs - 40 min easy
    Fri - OFF
    Sat - 4x1 mile Cruise Intervals (90 sec)
    Sun - OFF
    Mon - OFF
    Tues - 45 min easy
    Wed - Fartlek

Another week down tipping along

First fartlek overcooked early stages and was sucking diesel as the session progressed. Aim was about 20 min but pulled the plug at 16 min as was goosed, probably under estimated the shortened recovery

Missed a few days due to power outages knocking new lad out of routine, lack of a shower in Baltic weather and just herself not wanting to be in the house alone during a black out.. Twice over the course of a weekend though ESB are on notice with me if they go for the hattrick in space of a week

Another midweek fartlek and to be honest this one went much better than I expected, into Corkagh and did this on a roughly 1k loop with is very undulating, was cold and windy so was breathing through my ar$e in no time.

11 min worth of fartlek before a decent recovery and a hilly loop at threshold effort. Again running these blind in terms of paces so just going by effort so was nice to see sub 6/low six looking back after.

Definitely not fit by any stretch of the imagination but the paces are still in the legs and not completely alien which I suppose is something

Advertisement