Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will the World Championship Go Ahead as Normal??

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

zuutroy wrote: »
    Was looking at Bazza's Tweets today and he confirms that you can hold over your tickets even if the even goes ahead with a full crowd. Glad of that as I don't think I'd be as lucky again with the tickets I got this time around.

This makes sense. A significant enough crowd would be coming from abroad to Sheffield. A lot more notice would be needed, things are still too much up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was looking at Bazza's Tweets today and he confirms that you can hold over your tickets even if the even goes ahead with a full crowd. Glad of that as I don't think I'd be as lucky again with the tickets I got this time around.

Saw an interesting stat today that Ronnie has played a professional match against a 1939 World Semifinalist. Great game for longevity!

Where did you see this? Had a look and couldn't spot it myself. Would be delighted if this was the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Saw an interesting stat today that Ronnie has played a professional match against a 1939 World Semifinalist. Great game for longevity!

Fred even took a frame off him which was fair going. Of all the records in snooker, i would bet my kids lives and all their kids lives that Freds winning a ranking match at the age of 78 will never ever be broken. Longevity indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Where did you see this? Had a look and couldn't spot it myself. Would be delighted if this was the outcome.

518771.png

518771.png

Amazing, thanks. Really hope this pans out :)

• Advertisement

E-Mail received today on tickets for this year's event...

...We are emailing you now with details of your three options relating to your entire booking for the World Snooker Championship 2020:

Option 1: to be put forward for tickets to attend the 2020 Championship*
    Option 2: a transfer to the 2021 tournament
    Option 3: a full refund

*Please note, if you choose Option 1 and you are not successful in obtaining tickets for 2020, or if your circumstances change and you can no longer attend the Championship, you will be able to consider either a transfer to 2021 OR refund at a later date.

A decision about whether limited numbers of people will be permitted to attend the tournament will be made no earlier than 17 July. Please bear this in mind when considering whether you wish to go forward to attend this year's tournament.

All transfers to the 2021 World Snooker Championship will be on a like-for-like basis and will replicate the same session and seat as you would have originally booked for the 2020 event.

I just deferred my semi-final tickets....obviously now both will end as 17-16 thrillers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Draw for the qualifiers was made a few days ago.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_World_Snooker_Championship#Qualifying_draw

Best of 11 for the first 3 rounds, Best of 19 in the final round.

Tough enough draw for Aaron Hill with Gary Wilson waiting. I think Ken has an outside chance against Mark King and Michael Holt if he wins his first match. Could be an all Irish clash between Fergal and Bulman but you'd have to think Brecel will dispatch either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

So looks like there will be a limited audience at crucible after all, though some including Ronnie dont seem to be all that ecstatic to hear the news.

https://twitter.com/MuddPhil/status/1284092810195607553?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Not like Ronnie to have a moan is it?????

I'm sure all precautions will be made before play,The players will be kept well away from the punters and i'm also sure masks and social distancing will be enforced.
    Can't wait till some starts coughing though

Advertisement