Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Updates about Star Wars stuff

• 19-01-2020 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find a gereral thread (trawling back through past threads as far as 2012).

A thread for general info/updates/star wars universe info might be useful.

Just watched this video from the Game: Star Wars - Jedi Fallen Order

Discusses where Inquisitors came from - the Imperial Inquisitor Program in Fortress Inquisitorius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hi, good to have an thread about general star wars news.....

so a question....I just read, "Three Star Wars films were also delayed. The first untitled movie has shifted from December 2022 to a year later, while the two others will be released in December 2025 and December 2027 respectively."

what do we know about these movies, originally they were to be Rian johnsons, correct, then those plagiarists from Game of Thrones were offered them.... any other news?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yes, I heard Grace mention news recently. That Taika Waititi will be doing the first of the new trilogy.

A quick google finds a site saying similar:
    New Star Wars Movie Trilogy Delayed
    https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/new-star-wars-movie-trilogy-delayed-release-date-taika-waititi/
    Taika Waititi was tapped to direct an upcoming Star Wars movie, although the announcement didn’t specify which movie Waititi would be working on at the time. According to Deadline, the director may in fact be set to helm the first film in the trilogy due out in 2023.

She watches the industry a lot and the big deal with any of the films is that Disney is overladen with loads of films. They are rescheduling all over the place to avoid coronavirus and conflicting with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Hi, good to have an thread about general star wars news.....

so a question....I just read, "Three Star Wars films were also delayed. The first untitled movie has shifted from December 2022 to a year later, while the two others will be released in December 2025 and December 2027 respectively."

what do we know about these movies, originally they were to be Rian johnsons, correct, then those plagiarists from Game of Thrones were offered them.... any other news?

Officially they haven't cancelled RJ's new films, they may still get made and I don't think they were ever intended to be anything to do with the movies from the GoT guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337174593639829507?s=20

Can't wait for this, the fact that Ewan McGregor is coming back is good enough news.
    I just hope they don't put stuff in there that will conflict with the canon.

Last time they met before the duel in Ep IV was on Mustafar ...

9 new shows and a movie! That was some announcement 😲

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337174593639829507?s=20

Can't wait for this, the fact that Ewan McGregor is coming back is good enough news.
    I just hope they don't put stuff in there that will conflict with the canon.

Last time they met before the duel in Ep IV was on Mustafar ...

Not that I think they will, but it is possible to have them meet based on the exact language used in ANH. This is probably backed up by the fact that Obi-Wan clearly isn't phased by the fact that Vader is alive and what he now looks like.

Personally I think it will be a mix of flashbacks, force visions and shots of Vader without his helmet.
    9 new shows and a movie! That was some announcement 😲

Yea I saw the usual online moaning about over-saturation, but these are planned for over the next 5 years and 4 of them are limited 1-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

And is good that it's a series and not a film, much more stuff to expand on, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm so damn happy Hayden got cast again for this, I always felt like he got a hard time from the movies due to the shoddy writing, but he played a great Anakin.

Hopefully the writing is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,956 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm so damn happy Hayden got cast again for this, I always felt like he got a hard time from the movies due to the shoddy writing, but he played a great Anakin.

Just finished listening to the EP.3 book on Audible. I hope we get to see some of the character's depth that flows through the novelisation. I've grown to like the prequels more, especially RotS, but they really missed the mark in terms of the events portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Kennedy said the Rogue Squadron movie ”will move us into a future era”.

So they are going Post-Sequel and something is making me think it is a big jump forward.

Does anyone what was shown for The Acolyte? There was the video graphic that the other blocked content had but the screen faded to black like they had cut something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just finished listening to the EP.3 book on Audible. I hope we get to see some of the character's depth that flows through the novelisation. I've grown to like the prequels more, especially RotS, but they really missed the mark in terms of the events portrayed.

Yeah, the movie just seems to jump from Anakin saving Palpatine to find out how to save Padme's life, to suddenly murdering children and everyone he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Sonics2k wrote: »

It is good to see that he is coming back.

The future for Star Wars seems pretty choca-block but it would be nice if the Kenobi series lead to a live action project for Christensen to lead - maybe a lab untold Clone Wars adventure with Ahsoka and Rex? :)

Kennedy did specifically say he was back as Vader (not Anakin) so it is not Clone Wars flashbacks. And I’d imagine they are just bringing Christensen to keep the helmet on the while time. So it will be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

McGregor said his series would be using the Volume

The Andor behind the scenes showed sets being built and Luna mentioned the scale. So are they not using the Volume?

I honestly cannot even begging to guess what is real on Mandolorian and what is VFX - did they built real sets too?

McGregor said his series would be using the Volume

The Andor behind the scenes showed sets being built and Luna mentioned the scale. So are they not using the Volume?

I honestly cannot even begging to guess what is real on Mandolorian and what is VFX - did they built real sets too?

Mandalorian uses a mix of both, I assume they will all do this going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After watching Wonder Woman 84 I'm not looking forward to Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Rangers of the New Republic is “not currently in active development”.

I don’t think it has been shelved because of Filoni having an increased workload as the Creative Director of the franchise (unless they only realised lately that the job keeps him too busy.

There is some talk that it is on hold becasue they sacked Carano but I don’t think so - they could find another actress to fill her place in it.

Is there any concept art for the Republic fleet or their capital ships for The Force Awakens?

What I assume is the fleet appears for a moment and is impossible to see when Starkiller destroys the planet but even such a brief appearance means someone designed the ships.

Where they just Mon Cal cruisers? Or some thing new - which would be a surprise but I would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yeah, pretty much Mon Calamari Liberty cruisers, Nebulon B's, Corvette's and some Consular cruisers like the one at the beginning of the Phantom menace. This is the only concept image from The Art of The Force Awakens book.

https://i.imgur.com/FBihvYu.jpg

• Advertisement

Relikk wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much Mon Calamari Liberty cruisers, Nebulon B's, Corvette's and some Consular cruisers like the one at the beginning of the Phantom menace. This is the only concept image from The Art of The Force Awakens book.

https://i.imgur.com/FBihvYu.jpg

Disappointing but expected.

I don’t recognise the ship near the centre (is like a TIE cockpit attached to a star destroyer) or the two on the top right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So some in here might find this cool. I see that the Smithsonian Aerospace Musuem in Washington is to get a T-70 Star Wars X-Wing the one from the 2019 The Rise of Skywalker film. I could not share but it is on Space.Coms site.
    Cool thread by the way. About time Star Wars had a thread to talk about what is happening in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    So some in here might find this cool. I see that the Smithsonian Aerospace Musuem in Washington is to get a T-70 Star Wars X-Wing the one from the 2019 The Rise of Skywalker film. I could not share but it is on Space.Coms site.
    Cool thread by the way. About time Star Wars had a thread to talk about what is happening in it.

I read last year (or was it earlier this year?) that that was happening.

I saw complaints that they were being given a prop from the sequels and not from the movies that meant something I believe that was one of the comments being made).

I think people were also complaining that the Smithsonian should be about science and not science fiction - but I’m pretty sure they have sci-fi exhibits many times.

Have the Ubese ever been shown on screen? Other than in Return of the Jedi?

I get the feeling there are gonna be some intense lightsabre fights coming up!

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1411452190045229062

Slydice wrote: »
    I get the feeling there are gonna be some intense lightsabre fights coming up!

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1411452190045229062

I am looking forward to all the series announced by Lucasfilm last year but Visions intrigued me the most.

I normally don’t look at trailers but couldn’t resist this. Looking forward to this even more and I’m very glad they only concept art and interviews for this - which is what trailers should be.

Does anyone know if any art for the new animated childrens’ series was shown at Celebration?

in interested to see what it will look like. I can’t for the life of me imagine how a Disney Junior show can have lightsabre battles.

In Attack of the Clones when Kenobi is getting the tour of Kamino we see a lot of unmasked clones.

Are they all Temura Morrison?

I remember years ago watching is and thinking it wasn’t his face but anytime I watch the movie I forget to keep an eye out to see if it him.

I think this might be the scene you are talking about:

Star Wars Attack of the Clones - Obi-Wan Meet The Clone Army for the Republic.

I dunno. I'd say there's a good bit of Temura there, during the grown up clones, but also maybe some copying+pasting in closer shots and then maybe some just computer generated lookalikes copied+pasted for the far away shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

at only 6K for 2 days for a family package, who could have seen that coming

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement