Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me translate the following?

• 05-03-2006 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if a German speaker could help me translate the following? It's very short and sweet... Thanks :)

Dear Sir,

I was wondering if you would be interested in selling the domain name XXX to me? I would like to use it for a non-profit/community project.

Any cooperation greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Moi.

Thanks to anyone who can do this.

Cheers!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

When put into Altavista translator:
    Sehr geehrter Herr, Ich wunderte mich, wenn Sie interessiert sein würden, an, das Domain Name XXX zu verkaufen zu mir? Ich möchte es für ein non-profit/community Projekt verwenden. Irgendeine Mitarbeit groß geschätzt. Danke. Beste Wünsche

When German put back into English:
    Dear Sir, I was surprised, if you would be interested, on, to sell the Domain Name XXX to me? I would like to use it for non profit/community a project. Any cooperation largely estimated. Thanks. Best desires

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 feldschloessle

Sehr geehrter Herr

Ich habe mich gefragt, ob sie interessiert sein würden, mir das Gebiet XXX für den Gebrauch eines gemeinnützigen Projektes, zu verkaufen.

Herzlichen Dank für Ihre Mitarbeit.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

(oh yeah... altavista doesn't work)

so long
    feldschloessle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, (or, if you have the name of the person: Sehr geehrter Herr Lastname,)

Im Rahmen eines gemeinnützigen Projektes wäre ich sehr an dem Erwerb Ihrer Domäne XXX interessiert. Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, ob Sie diese an mich für eine nicht-kommerzielle Verwendung verkaufen würden.

Ich hoffe auf eine gute Zusammenarbeit und eine positive Nachricht.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

XXX

Basically, it now reads:
    Dear Sir,
    As part of a community project I would be interested in purchasing your domain XXX. Please let me know if you would sell it to me for non-commercial use. Cooperation is appreciated, and I hope your answer will be positive.
    Kind regards
    XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

That's great!

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

no worries! ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement