Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT study advice

• 14-09-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could please advise me as to which books I should use to study for the GAMSAT? I have found that there isn’t much guidance in this area and that everyone seems to encourage the use of practice papers rather than study books. I have taken this on board and purchased the ACER sample qs and tests but I’m looking for a recommendation of study materials/books to help me. Since I am coming from a non-science background, I really need books that will take me from the basics right up to GAMSAT standard! Any recommendations at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

willow100 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could please advise me as to which books I should use to study for the GAMSAT? I have found that there isn’t much guidance in this area and that everyone seems to encourage the use of practice papers rather than study books. I have taken this on board and purchased the ACER sample qs and tests but I’m looking for a recommendation of study materials/books to help me. Since I am coming from a non-science background, I really need books that will take me from the basics right up to GAMSAT standard! Any recommendations at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you could get the basic syllabus online or even from the gold standard books you could use khan academy or other youtube resources ! They are really helpful and don't neglect sections 1 and 2 as you can really bump your score up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

Flippin physics is amazing, funny/cheesy teacher he has videos for the entire AP physics course on youtube which is almost all applicable to gamsat. His teaching style is really really effective.

Also bozeman science is good for basics, leah4sci for org chem, and khan academy or any chemistry textbook from library for regular chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 willow100

ma003 wrote: »
    If you could get the basic syllabus online or even from the gold standard books you could use khan academy or other youtube resources ! They are really helpful and don't neglect sections 1 and 2 as you can really bump your score up there!

Yes, I’ve heard that Khan Academy is quite helpful for GAMSAT! And that is very true, sometimes I’m so focused on section 3 I almost forget about 1&2!! Thanks so much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 willow100

Flippin physics is amazing, funny/cheesy teacher he has videos for the entire AP physics course on youtube which is almost all applicable to gamsat. His teaching style is really really effective.

Also bozeman science is good for basics, leah4sci for org chem, and khan academy or any chemistry textbook from library for regular chemistry.

Thanks so much for your recommendations :) Definitely going to search them all up - especially excited to watch the Flippin Physics videos, they sound great!

Advertisement