Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visiting your Loved ones in NH's, whos getting to visit?

Options
  • 03-03-2021 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if antone is managing to visit loved ones in nurshing homes?

I'm having some difficulty with the 'red tape' that the nursing home my mother is in.

What are people finding with visiting? Are you getting to visit at all?

I think the whole humanity is gone out of it....

My mother is 94 and I'm afraid shes forgetting who any of us are....yet they wont allow visiting , except from a 'nominated family mamber'...

Its getting more than frustrating....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Covid got into my dad's nursing home in January (diagnosed day before vaccination) 25% of the residents have now died.

I know it's frustrating but the policies are there to protect all the residents.

I think it's better to keep measures in place and have someone to visit at the end of it.... we're nearly there.

Advertisement