Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭micks_address

unkel wrote: »
    That's probably why he gave me a good trade in on mine :D

Don’t open that can of worms again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

You wont find a moonwatch for less than 3.3k at the moment. I had one that owed me 2600 euro and even at that low low price it was not worth keeping. I think my views on the moonwatch are well aired here, and I appreciate that a lot of people love it. But for me at 2600 it was not a special enough watch, as they creep up and up in price the specialness gets less and less.. If the sellers regret is strong got for it. But up at 4k think what else you could try. A nice JLC, a grand seiko, a Zenith El Primero (my choice in this bracket).

Was selling watches last weekend, and the chap buying was wearing a speedmaster. I tried it on (albeit soaked in alochol gel) and it reconfirmed to me that its just not for me. Too ordinary, too ubiquitous, too much faux horoligical history, too delicate for a big tool watch.

Whats-App-Image-2021-01-13-at-19-09-19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

Sticking up some watches I don't wear much - getting the ball rolling with the Casio Royale and a Squale 60 Atmos.

1971 seiko speedtimer likely to go as well.

http://www.adverts.ie/22653203
    http://www.adverts.ie/22653916

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭scwazrh

That's probably why he gave me a good trade in on mine :D

What year was yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

scwazrh wrote: »
    What year was yours ?

He can’t remember. He never looked at the card. He only had it a day.

If you are thinking it’s the same one then see if yours came with only one nato (should be two)as I kept the black one as I thought I wanted it when I sold to Fitz. If it only came with one then it’s the same watch.

• Advertisement

Had the Nato alright and Velcro strap.Could of been added back in though .

Odd thing with it , it had a black foam pad stuck on the case back

Did Fitz sell that to Unkle? I tried to buy from Fitz on 5th may but his was sold .I got the one from Thomas on 30th July ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭micks_address

Did Fitz sell that to Unkle? I tried to buy from Fitz on 5th may but his was sold .I got the one from Thomas on 30th July ,

If you want to sell let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel

893bet wrote: »
    He can’t remember. He never looked at the card. He only had it a day.

If you are thinking it’s the same one then see if yours came with only one nato (should be two)as I kept the black one as I thought I wanted it when I sold to Fitz. If it only came with one then it’s the same watch.

Wasn't the only thing that was missing. Tut tut, butchering watch sets and selling them on incomplete in the guise of doing the community a favour ;)

Wasn't the only thing that was missing. Tut tut, butchering watch sets and selling them on incomplete in the guise of doing the community a favour ;)

It’s the only thing I kept.

.....and......I actually gave it back to the original community that the watch came from. Donated it to the fundraiser on TZ a few months back.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?479364-Straps-for-fundraiser-(including-omega-and-junghans)

Drops mic.

• Advertisement

It’s the only thing I kept.

.....and......I actually gave it back to the original community that the watch came from. Donated it to the fundraiser on TZ a few months back.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?479364-Straps-for-fundraiser-(including-omega-and-junghans)

Drops mic.

Just a small point of order, I added the black nato back into the set before I sold it , got one on ebay.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Just a small point of order, I added the black nato back into the set before I sold it , got one on ebay.

Could be the same watch. I better shutup.

Could be the same watch. I better shutup.

4u5345.jpg

As I said there was something else missing. Not that I noticed anyway, but Thomas spotted it straight away. Can't remember now, maybe a springbar tool? Anyway Thomas was gracious not to look for more money than we agreed. Will always remember the moonwatch, icon of a watch, but it not being water proof would never make it the watch for me. But I will remember it as the watch that enabled me to buy my first Rolex.

. But I will remember it as the watch that enabled me to buy my first Rolex.

If it is the same watch and you paid €2600 for it .I paid €3k for it .How did €400 Difference enable the Rolex purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I picked up a Seiko Save The Ocean SSC675P1 recently, but it's just not clicking for me. I just dont like the black crowns. I had my eye on the SSC741P1 for a while and bought in haste without notificing the differences.

I'll post details later, but would consider moving it on if anyone is interested.

If it is the same watch and you paid €2600 for it .I paid €3k for it .How did €400 Difference enable the Rolex purchase?

It didn’t. It enabled him to buy his first Rolex at the price he wanted to pay...at the forums expense.

He can dress it anyway he likes but presenting it like he couldn’t afford it without it is laughable. And for some reason he keeps bringing it up. It’s pretty funny really.

As I said there was something else missing. Not that I noticed anyway, but Thomas spotted it straight away. Can't remember now, maybe a springbar tool? Anyway Thomas was gracious not to look for more money than we agreed. Will always remember the moonwatch, icon of a watch, but it not being water proof would never make it the watch for me. But I will remember it as the watch that enabled me to buy my first Rolex.

I sold it with a springbar tool....full set. I remember because it was a good springbar tool and I ordered the same one for my toolbox which I still have.

Dont want to labour the point and I generally stay out of the speedmaster spat, but as I sold it complete I dont want anyone thinking I swiped the goodies. It had all the papers, booklets and manuals. Metal coin, both natos, metal braclet and extra links (there was a good fews extra links 3 I think), loupe and springbar tool. Anything that went missing was nothing to do with me.

If anything is to be remember its that I passed up on the profit on this watch as a man of my word, this watch did nothing....I did.

Screenshot-2021-01-17-110809.jpg

All these extras are gone from the new speedmaster ironically. An extra 500 (guessing, not sure what the price rise was) plus all the nice useful extras like the NATO’s, loupe and spring tool all removed. Omega have increased their margin by 20 percent or so.

I'll ask Thomas does he remember what was missing next time I buy a Rolex off him :p

Your reputation is beyond repute anyway Fitz. Not only did you give me a good deal on it, you also gave me some other Omega goodies with it. And you did so again only this week when you noticed I bought another Omega watch.

• Advertisement

All these extras are gone from the new speedmaster ironically. An extra 500 (guessing, not sure what the price rise was) plus all the nice useful extras like the NATO’s, loupe and spring tool all removed. Omega have increased their margin by 20 percent or so.

Their margin must be beyond crazy. Isn't there a speed master now that retails at over €12k? Insane. I know you can get a decent discount on it, but that's still the guts of €10k. Surely nobody will even pay half of that for the watch in a few years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Their margin must be beyond crazy. Isn't there a speed master now that retails at over €12k? Insane. I know you can get a decent discount on it, but that's still the guts of €10k. Surely nobody will even pay half of that for the watch in a few years time?

That’s the Ed white and you can’t get it anywhere , it’s ironically well worth it at retail .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

There were always Speedmasters that retailed over 12k (even in stainless steel) - the aventurine moonphase speedmaster was around 13k if I recall correctly (the non-aventurine moonphase speedies were more in the 5k region which shows how much Omega thought aventurine added to the watch).

Gorgeous piece - but I wouldn't pay retail for it... whereas I did buy the moonphase speedy from their boutique (did get a BT discount at the time though).

Here's the aventurine speedy:
    https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/insider-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-moonphase-aventurine-dial-not-your-run-of-the-mill-speedy
    (they said it was 11.5k in the article... not sure it was available here for less than 12k and that's been superseded by the new aventurine model with the coaxial movement)

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w

Stingray strap for sale!

540165.jpg

Long story, but I ended up with 2 identical blue stingray 20mm straps like the one in my picture on the Seamaster. The one for sale is brand new, unworn. I'm keeping the one that's in the picture. Any interest PM me. Preferable collected from me in Lucan, but I guess with the current lockdown it is more realistic that I should ship it to anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Johnny1980

Stingray strap for sale!

540165.jpg

Long story, but I ended up with 2 identical blue stingray 20mm straps like the one in my picture on the Seamaster. The one for sale is brand new, unworn. I'm keeping the one that's in the picture. Any interest PM me. Preferable collected from me in Lucan, but I guess with the current lockdown it is more realistic that I should ship it to anywhere in Ireland.

Can you put a few more pictures up thanks . Also how much you pay originally and where you get it

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Can you put a few more pictures up thanks . Also how much you pay originally and where you get it

This is where I got it, from Vietnamcreations on eBay:

Linky

It has several pictures there too, apologies for only having one picture myself. Hope that helps!

I picked up a Seiko Save The Ocean SSC675P1 recently, but it's just not clicking for me. I just dont like the black crowns. I had my eye on the SSC741P1 for a while and bought in haste without notificing the differences.

I'll post details later, but would consider moving it on if anyone is interested.

https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-save-the-ocean-special-ed-chrono-ssc675-prospex-solar-diver-200m-watch/22696980

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Interested in this! Could you PM best boards price?

93Cab wrote: »
    Interested in this! Could you PM best boards price?

I may actually have to put this on hold. I just had a look and the spare link is missing the pin that attaches it. I'll track one down and relist when done.

Any guidance on what this pin might be called would be appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Any guidance on what this pin might be called would be appreciated :)

Push pin?

Advertisement